The Past Month…..

SF

Hi all….  With the warmer weather out here on the west coast, it is time to break out the summer sandals.  For the past month or so, I have been out almost exclusively in heels, mostly sandals.   I have been heeling in Las Vegas, LA, and the SF Bay Area wearing the sandals / heels shown in the pics below (if they attach correctly)!  

I wasn't going to make any mention of my heeling until this morning, when I was at a Starbucks and one of the lady clerks saw my sandals and simply said, "those are really cool shoes."  I told her thank you, and she said again, "no, those are really cool shoes."  The store was sort of busy so I did not have a chance to engage her in further conversation.  When I left, she looked at me, smiled and waved goodbye.  

This experience got me thinking, I have been wearing heels in different places and the only comment I have gotten was a positive one.  I am sure that some of the folks who saw me in my heels looked twice, and some may have found it unusual or "weird," while others thought it "cool" and made no comment, and still others simply did not care or notice.  

At this site we have a lot of folks who heel regularly and know exactly what I am talking about - the "veterans" - ha ha.  But there are others out there who are hesitant to go out in public for fear or ridicule, or embarrassment, and I understand that fully.  I guess my point is to encourage you that are considering heeling in public to simply give it a try.  You will be nervous the first time, but you just may enjoy the experience too.  And you may even get a compliment!!!

Take care all, sf

Here are the pics of the heels I have been wearing recently.  

The first two pics are VanEli sandals from Marmi Shoes.  The two are very similar, one has a wedgie heel and the other has a slightly higher kitten type heel.  The third pic is me and the wife in out matching thongs from DSW, and the last pic is a pair of pumps form Aerosoles called Magical Power - very comfortable, but excuse the pump and jean combo (inside joke - ha ha)….  c ya

post-230-0-93456900-1400170974_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-59656500-1400171039_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-86662500-1400171132_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-12131200-1400171157_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF, Precisely my friend! Countless members here have said the same thing over especially the last two years but it never hurts to hear it again and so concisely put. The sandals you showed are quite conservative really and yet you had some fears even in wacky and liberal California only to find whatever demons there may have been turned out to be mirages.

Your comment reminded me of a question I have wanted to pose here but has always slipped my mind. That is, after all the effort spent combing this site, looking for the perfect store, receptive sales staff, and making the purchase, how many pairs of "women's" sandals, pumps, wedges, platforms, and boots which we spent so much time researching and finding for use by us men have gone unworn outside the confines of one's normal residence? Half, more than half, or all but one or two??

I know you will continue to enjoy the footwear you buy because you've seen the experience is enjoyable on your terms.  ON YOUR TERMS. Life cannot and will not be satisfying unless one's mind is unshackled and opened to the simple yet elusive idea of  living one's life on your own terms. Liberty is not free but individual freedom is best exercised one day (and one pair of heels) at a time. 

Your motto should be "strap in, step out, and heel forward"

We are the "United Heelers of America" or "les talonniers unis d'Amerique" or "los entalonados unidos de America"

Might as well get in a language lesson here as well :)   HappyinHeels

Thanks for your post and pics SF.

I like you, also wear an anklet too.

Why don't you push the envelope and get a pedi to match your wife's. Right now I have a color called, "Flashy Fuchsia" on my toes. I have received several positive comments on my pedi. I love to show it off, with sandals and peep toe pumps. You maybe surprised with the positive response you may get.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Your comment reminded me of a question I have wanted to pose here but has always slipped my mind. That is, after all the effort spent combing this site, looking for the perfect store, receptive sales staff, and making the purchase, how many pairs of "women's" sandals, pumps, wedges, platforms, and boots which we spent so much time researching and finding for use by us men have gone unworn outside the confines of one's normal residence? Half, more than half, or all but one or two??

It's a really good question HappyinHeels, you should start a new topic/poll.

If you like it, wear it.

"...and the last pic is a pair of pumps form Aerosoles called Magical Power - very comfortable, but excuse the pump and jean combo (inside joke - ha ha)….  c ya."

Explanation: SF and I had an email exchange recently and I commented that my wife (a very conservative gal who grew up in the 1950s and 60s) was taught by her mother that jeans and heels were a slutty look worn by hookers and the like. To this day she won't wear dressy heels with jeans. So I have to do it. Ha, ha ha!

Great post, SF. Glad the compliment you received was so positive. Compliments like that really do prove that some people are impressed with our courage to break the rules and march to our own drummer. Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.  So far this spring, it has been very enjoyable being out in heels.  As my by-line says, "Why should girls have all the fun?"  

Take care all, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"