Foot Pain

exitman1

I have another question. ever since I started to wear high heels as my casual wear when im shopping etc I get a slight pain around the toes area. This comes after about two hours or so of walking. I read in Jenny's site this is normal and is just your foot getting used to the new centre of balance, is this true, did any of you guys experience this and how long does it take to go away. Ive been wearing high heels since Christmas on numerous occasions on long periods each time.

I'd say that its pretty normal for your feet as a whole-I wear blade heel boots (by nine west) :D so I have had that happen to my feet a few times! but it CAN depend on the highth of the particular heel design, I'd say as a general rule (& whether or not you have any thick pads in them too those can make a great deal of difference on how your feet feel after a few hours of walking in them) yours, Brad

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Why should you have to “suffer fashion?” I wouldn't think anyone of us would wear a pair of heels in public if they hurt our feet just to be wearing them. Besides, I don't believe anything would look more pathetic that seeing a man wearing high heels limping along, dragging one foot behind another, while trying to walk through a mall. Rather than sympathy, it would, in my opinion, elicit ridicule.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi exitman! If it happens to be "Toe burn" that has been troubling you, then you might like to look at my "Lucy's Story" (under "Stories With A Heely Theme"), where I've devoted two or three entire instalments to tips for high heelers on foot problems and footcare, including "toe burn". I hope you find this helpful. Love Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

By the way, I was just joking. That's why I put the little smiley face. I always say that when somebody complains about something, from high heels to tight corsets. My toes and feet get sore sometimes, usually when wearing a higher heel, or shoes or boots that aren't the right size. In your case I think it is the "long periods of time" that do you in. Nobody I know, male or female, can walk around all day in heels without getting a little sore. I usually bring a spare pair of lower heels and leave them in my car, just in case I want to change.

To intro myself, I'm a non-heel wearing male. I been experiencing foot pain around my heel and arch area on both feet for the past 3 months and all I wear is Nike trainers. But I've had recurring foot pain since I was a teen, so everything is just coming to a head right now. I hope it is just the winter season and cold weather right now.

Dan, maybe you should try a pair of heels (boots give great support). Foot and leg pain is what got me started. Heels were recomended by a pedorthist. Just don't try and wear them all the time, your body will tell you when you need them.

I had this problem when I was in ROTC heading for the US Army. I went to a podiatrist because while jogging around the track one day, both feet went into so much pain that I had to crawl off the field. I found out that my ankles, especially my left, overpronated about 15 degrees ( A HI-FALUTIN WAY OF SAYING THAT I had flat feet); he built me some arch supports that solved the problem temporarly; I also confessed to him that I had found some relief by wearing high-heeled boots, tho I didn't say what gender they were. He said that that was probably due to rather prominent heel spurs. He finally recommended that I try Spenco Insoles, which were quite new at the time, do some pigeon toe stretches, take lots of aspirin, and only buy "trainers" that had rigid plastic heel counters to prevent the shoes from acquiring a pronation "set" to them, afterwhich they were as good as doorstops for the prevention of further pain. E.G., specifically look for, and ask for, running shoes made for "heavy overpronation". Regular Nike (or any other brand) trainers JUST DON'T CUT IT!! By far the best brands for overpronaters are New Balance, and ASICS.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Why should you have to “suffer fashion?” I wouldn't think anyone of us would wear a pair of heels in public if they hurt our feet just to be wearing them. Besides, I don't believe anything would look more pathetic that seeing a man wearing high heels limping along, dragging one foot behind another, while trying to walk through a mall. Rather than sympathy, it would, in my opinion, elicit ridicule.

I concur.

If it hurts - quit! Change your heel height to something that doesn't elicit pain. For a while. Like three weeks, which is about how long it takes soft tissue injuries to heal.

Then, work your way slowly back up to where you'd like to be.

To intro myself, I'm a non-heel wearing male. I been experiencing foot pain around my heel and arch area on both feet for the past 3 months and all I wear is Nike trainers. But I've had recurring foot pain since I was a teen, so everything is just coming to a head right now. I hope it is just the winter season and cold weather right now.

Nike's are ok for guys with wide feet and clear, well-formed arches. If you have neither, try another, slimmer shoe, preferrably a "motion-control" shoe, but not one for over-pronators (unless your feet are as flat as a door).

I have skinny, flat feet, and my feet are more comfortable in a pair of moderate ladies heels than they are in any sport shoe.