Payless Site

jetheelsfan

They changed their page - some featrures are easier and others are more difficult.  I might just be me but it seems harder to navagate. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

It seems as the local inventory check is more accurate now. I looked at a few pairs in person today (didn't see anything that I *just had* to have though) and the site shows they are available, where before it was hit or miss.

I agree the the inventory check actually works finally but navigation is a total pain now.  Not only has the site been redesigned to have a tablet interface be the lead navigation method, searching by size now gives you results that may have been available at one time but have been sold out for years - rather than showing you what's actually in stock.

I agree the the inventory check actually works finally but navigation is a total pain now.  Not only has the site been redesigned to have a tablet interface be the lead navigation method, searching by size now gives you results that may have been available at one time but have been sold out for years - rather than showing you what's actually in stock.

Well, mobile computing is the flavor of the month, perhaps the future of computing as a whole, so I'm not surprised the interface does have a tablet-like feel. Speaking of which, it took a wee bit of effort to get used to the new design, but I suppose I'll get used to it in time.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, mobile computing is the flavor of the month, perhaps the future of computing as a whole, so I'm not surprised the interface does have a tablet-like feel. Speaking of which, it took a wee bit of effort to get used to the new design, but I suppose I'll get used to it in time.

I tend to dislike any kind of inventory based website that dynamically populates the page as one scrolls down.  I would much rather have a fixed number of choices and be able to dictate how many I see at a time.  The interface though, I can get used to, that's fine and just how things go.  Selecting size 13 and then being tossed three dozen styles that haven't been available in size 13, online or in any local store, for half a year makes for annoying shopping.  If I wanted to be disappointed that a style I like isn't currently available in my size, then I'd shop in their stores exclusively.

I tend to dislike any kind of inventory based website that dynamically populates the page as one scrolls down.  I would much rather have a fixed number of choices and be able to dictate how many I see at a time.  The interface though, I can get used to, that's fine and just how things go.  Selecting size 13 and then being tossed three dozen styles that haven't been available in size 13, online or in any local store, for half a year makes for annoying shopping.  If I wanted to be disappointed that a style I like isn't currently available in my size, then I'd shop in their stores exclusively.

My guess is that the web designers don't actually shop at Payless on line site. (I have always thought that the designers of an interface ought to have to use it over the slowest medium available to the users)  I suspect that the styles that appear out of stock in all the stores in our areas actually are in stock somewhere, but there is no easy way to find that store.  If that isn’t the case, the web designers really missed on the design.  If it is their intention to display out of stock items, an "In Stock Only" option would be a nice display option.

I just tried the site again and found that the boots I was looking for were available on-line, but in a size 5 1/2 rather than the size 13 I had selected.  My guess is that the web designers just missed.

I sent their customer service an e-mail with my concerns.  (CustomerService@csr.payless.com)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yeah, I sent them an email with a bug list when the last website went live. I received a polite we'll fix it in time response however I don't recall ever seeing a fix. I also sent them a letter expressing substantial disappointment when I trekked out to a few stores that showed the shoes I wanted in stock online only to find them out of stock everywhere. They replied with an apology and sent me a gift card.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AZShoeNut , I to have sent them feedback numerous times. When they changed the stores around like DSW and Shoe Carnival with shoes by styles rather than size . Payless responded with $10.00 in coupons . I also told them once about the online lot locator not working and they sent me instructions on how to use it . There was also the typical statement you can order on line . I hate ordering on line ! Where is the fun in that ? Shopping for shoes is half the fun . I am not liking this "new" website format. Finding the shoe style is hit or miss in the stores . Payless is starting to be a lot like Shoe Show in my opinion. Zappo's outlet is getting more of my business plus they carry Nine West and other higher quality brands. Don't get me wrong I like the "Brash" styles and some of the "Fioni" styles .  With Payless going up on prices, they have put the average price at $35.00 for Brash and I can get the Nine West at Zappo's for $40.00.  Most of the Nine West are leather and more comfortable. In short Payless has lost the value they once had . 

Finally, by using the Payless web site, I was able to locate a pair of their "Karmen" hot pink pumps, that have been sold out on line, now for over a month. They were at a very small Payless store in my area.

Their new web site system was very helpful to me.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Congradulations bluejay.  I noticed it was easier to search other cities easier than before.  There was a pair ofKimmie Mary-Janes I had hopes for during the BOGO.  But unfortunately, the only ones available were in places at least a hundred miles out.  Wish it was possible to do store-to-store transfers.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Location, location, and location

Availability of a size 13M or 12W

Acceptable to shop on the other side of the ailse from the men's side

Fun to shop in store

Interaction with Sales Associates

Try on different pairs

Price

Comfortable

Availability and location shown on web

I do envy those with a smaller size which opens the options to other shopping experiences

Jetheelfan you are right the thing that I like about shoe shopping is finding and trying on heels in the size 12-13. And the only place that has and the CSR that will visit with us guys when looking and wearing high heels is Payless. A person can hate them but there are a lot of heels out there that we wear.

I dont get it. Why payless. buy good shoes your feet will thank you.

Plain and simple: Because good shoes don't come in 13 wide. If they did, folks like me wouldn't bother with Payless.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I dont get it. Why payless. buy good shoes your feet will thank you.

I'd happily eschew Payless in favor of better brands of shoes, if only they'd make at least some of the fashionable styles in a 12w or 13. Until such time, it's either Payless and other cheap Chinese knock-offs or fetish styles. Even Pleaser and Ellie don't make a lot of their shoes in the largest sizes

But then again, I know i'm an outlier when it comes to shoes so I take whatever I can. Not always what I'd want, but I make the most of it. I just hope i can locate some more Brash or similar platform pumps before I wear these ones out... Should have bought some more pairs when I had the chance.