Radiodave Visits Steve63130

radiodave

I just got back from visiting Steve63130 in Granville, Ohio for a day, and while it may not have been as elaborate as Happyinheel's visit (see earlier threads below), I heard good things about the salon there. After a delicious lunch, we visited Love Yourself and Body Day Spa and Salon. Steve was getting a manicure, pedicure, and haircut, I came for a pedicure. Jenny and Mariah, the young ladies working there, made it an enjoyable experience. After a delightful pedicure, I didn't pass up the chance to (gasp) get my nails painted. I settled on a nice light blue called "Indigo Glow". Even got a comment from Mariah that it looked nice on me. Steve got a picture of our pedis while we were there, hopefully he'll chime in and include his picture. After our visit, we went back to Steve's house and chatted for a while while our polish dried. He has a charming house filled with antiquities, and it turned out an antique radio I'm restoring right now is identical to one he has. Anyway, I'll echo Happyinheel's comments that if you get a chance to swing through Granville, be sure to visit Steve, and I highly recommend a pedi at the salon there. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Here's a photo of the color I got.

Oopsie, just looked at the receipt and it's actually called "Love Yourself and Earth Salon and Day Spa".

post-1101-0-52953100-1396662756_thumb.jp

Well, Dave said it all so I don't have much to add, except the photo of our feet! Dave, on the left, is wearing some flat flip flops and I'm in a pair of Ralph Lauren thong wedges, with about 3.5" heels. My feet were slippery from the cream Jenny used for the foot massage and even though she tried to wipe it off the soles of my feet, my feet still slid forward in my sandals, making it look like they are too short on me. The color on my toes is a sparkly silver color called Palladium. Both color polishes are by a company called Jessica, which makes organic nail polishes.

Dave, thanks for taking the time to visit. I'm glad it was a good experience. We had a good time and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Jimnj3 and Vector have expressed interest in visiting here, and I sure hope they do! Now that spring is in the air, it will be a great time for getting out and about in hh sandals!

Steve

post-4071-0-96106900-1396714847_thumb.jp

Sounds like you two had a good visit!  Yes Steve, may actually be visiting very soon!!  Not next weekend but most likely the following.  Assuming the old MGB holds up!!  :)

Jim

Steve, I have the same sandals as you. I also felt the same sliding when I wore them after a pedicure. Great outing guys! Sounds like a fun time. Is there anyone in the boston area that would like to do a similar outing?

Hi Steve and Radio Dave,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day at the spa. Your pedi's look very nice. Glad to see other men wearing color on their toes.

I'll be getting my pedi soon, either in bright red or hot pink, my two favorite colors. Hopefully the weather warms up more, so we can wear our sandals out and show off our pedi's, too. With all the new colors of my UGGS, "Tawnie" wedge heel, sandal slides, that I bought on sale last fall, I'm anxious to get out there!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Any booted guys in Dallas this Saturday?

I will be arriving in downtown Dallas early Saturday morning, would be real cool to meet up with a fellow boot guy, perhaps get out in our boots...

Let me know if you are interested..

Don

Any booted guys in Dallas this Saturday?

I will be arriving in downtown Dallas early Saturday morning, would be real cool to meet up with a fellow boot guy, perhaps get out in our boots...

Let me know if you are interested..

Don

Kind of off-topic isn't it?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

One of these days, I'm going to venture off I-71 far enough to stop in. Doubt if a pedi is in the plans, but it would be nice to stop in and say "Hi".

Heelster, you're more than welcome to stop in for a visit. A trip to the salon is not a requirement (though you'd be missing a treat!). I'm always glad to meet fellow heelers in person and I've met quite a few from this forum. Shoot me a private message before you plan to be in the neighborhood to make sure I'm available. I don't want you to make a trip for nothing!

Steve

Heelster, you're more than welcome to stop in for a visit. A trip to the salon is not a requirement (though you'd be missing a treat!). I'm always glad to meet fellow heelers in person and I've met quite a few from this forum. Shoot me a private message before you plan to be in the neighborhood to make sure I'm available. I don't want you to make a trip for nothing!

Steve

I will although I rarely get to plan too far ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

radiodave,

See I told you so! It's one thing to read the posts but quite another to make the visit and then all the stories and images you had in mind come to life. That's been my point all along. We all relate our experiences here in the hopes it makes us feel better as human beings but it also adds to the overall enriching expereince of interaction with each other. Visiting any one of our members will do that for you I believe. Since I get paid handsomely to observe people and my environment I would not have strongly offered my personal recommendation to pay Steve63130 a visit if I didn't know the experience would be first-rate. Steve and his wife are great hosts, their town is a lot more than your average Ohio town, and Steve has an amazing sense of humor which this world needs more of. Glad you had a great time. I intend to see him again...ain't no doubt about that!  HappyinHeels

Thanks for the kind words, Happy! We enjoy having visitors, as you well know, and I guess it shows. We definitely hope you visit again, or perhaps we get a chance to wander up your way some time.

Steve