What To Wear For The Lady Gaga Concert...

Rockbass19

Heading to a Lady Gaga concert in a couple months.  The wife is letting me wear whatever I want, including heels (YAY!).  I'm thinking of a combined male/female (androgynous?) look - maybe some tighter mens Lucky brand jeans, with a mens black button down shirt.  Black suede boots with either a 3 or 4 inch stiletto-ish heel (I have both - but thinking the 3 inch would be safer, being that there's going to be a lot of walking from the parking lot into the arena.  Full eye make up, like I wear when I play gigs.  

Any other suggestions? 

Not a lady gaga fan, but her concert would be a perfect place to go all out.  I bet no matter what you decide to wear, you would not be the strangest looking person there, by any means.  :)  have fun!

Not a lady gaga fan, but her concert would be a perfect place to go all out.  I bet no matter what you decide to wear, you would not be the strangest looking person there, by any means.  :)  have fun!

I agree. I would think NOTHING is out of bounds when mixing with Gaga's "Little Monsters" at a show. Short of being decked out in a meat dress, I'm sure you won't attract much, if any attention, regardless of what you wear. Enjoy!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Rockbass,

I agree with all of the above and also add this observation. LG is famously supportibe of the LGBT community which means her crowds should be reflective of that. SOunds like your outfit choice is a mix of both sides of the aisle. I would wear the highest heels you can to her concert and you'll probably have a blast! Pack an alternative pair of heels in a handbag if the first ones prove too ambitious. Most of all: have a blast! HappyinHeels

yes agree, anything goes, wear whatever you like. Give your wife a big thank you from me, we need more women like her to help change attitudes.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

yes agree, anything goes, wear whatever you like. Give your wife a big thank you from me, we need more women like her to help change attitudes.

Well, unfortunately she isn't THAT supportive of my heeling, but she said if there's any time I can get away with it, this is the one.

It may help her see how little people care about a man in heels and lead on to her letting you wear them at other events and outings. She clearly has some tolerance to it and that will only grow with more exposure. Have a great time and wear your highest heels but remember you will have to be in them a good while.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Heading to a Lady Gaga concert in a couple months.  The wife is letting me wear whatever I want, including heels (YAY!).  I'm thinking of a combined male/female (androgynous?) look - maybe some tighter mens Lucky brand jeans, with a mens black button down shirt.  Black suede boots with either a 3 or 4 inch stiletto-ish heel (I have both - but thinking the 3 inch would be safer, being that there's going to be a lot of walking from the parking lot into the arena.  Full eye make up, like I wear when I play gigs.  

Any other suggestions? 

Yes, carry a shoulder bag for your stuff so your tight jeans don't bulge with wallet, keys, cellphone, etc., and get a professional manicure so your nails look fabulous! If you're going to do eye make-up, don't let your fingernails look trashy by contrast. Have a great time at the concert and treat your wife VERY well in return for letting you dress for success.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...