Jeans, Hose, And Heels

JL

So for years I've read how comfy woman's jeans are... So, today I finally took the jump and bought a pair.

I've got to say -- they really ARE more comfortable... MUCH more at that. The cut is much more fitted though not tight.

Couple the jeans with a pair of No-Nonsense control-top pantyhose and my Teeze-06W black stilettos.... Wow.

Now if only I had the guts to go out wearing the jeans, hose, and heels. 

Oh bother.

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

It really is easy if you're self confident. With jeans and pumps however, I usually opt for kneehighs.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I love the jeans. With a mid rise waist the crotch is not hanging down low. The material is a bit thinner and more giving for moving around. Not to mention cooler in the summer. My wife and female friend like them. Complements on the hinney. That's not so baggy either

Yes, women's jeans are much better. I won't ever go back. There is a fine line to be drawn, however, because there are so many variations compared to men's jeans. I really like to dabble in the juniors department, as I'm very small, but I admit that my judgment has not always been spot on about what might look good on a 46 year old man. Have fun out there!

I know what you mean about the pockets. I cannot abide rhinestones on my butt. However, I was more referring to the usual cut of juniors pants. Although they tend to be less "hippy," which works great for me, they also tend to be rather low rise. I recall one incident where I was wearing a pair of juniors shorts, which were longish in the legs 3 inches above my knees) so not shocking at all in that respect. I wore them to pick up a few things at my local supermarket. While they looked pretty hot when I was standing upright, when I bent over to examine something on the bottom shelf, I suddenly realized that. . . Well, let's put it this way--while my backside is attractive enough when suitably covered, no one needs to be seeing that hairy thing. Those shorts have since been donated to my local thrift store. At the very least, I hope this was good for a laugh.

I have been hitting the thrift shops pretty often lately. I'm finding virtually new jeans in my size, and the prices have been great. I do tend to stay away from rhinestones etc,

Mostly lowrise bootcut, but the 'SO' doesn't seem to mind skinny's and likes how all of my selections fit.

I've only had one comment by a women who did notice my jeans, asked what brand they were, and when she realized what I was wearing, she decided it was time for her husband to look at some different jeans.

While I do have the legs to wear skinny jeans, I tend to think that for my age and overall body shape, they are just not a good match for me  :) But, I do wear women's jeans exclusively for about the last 8-10 years, in usually straight leg or boot cut styles.  I also favor junior sizes (11L to be exact)... as some others have stated above.  Since they are less curvy they make more sense, and they do fit me very well.  I never plan to go back.

After seeing that commercial on TV where the guy comes out wearing skinny jeans I just don't think its a good look on men, even some of the kids that wear men's skinny jeans look funny to me. Just my opinion. I know I wear my jeans lower on the waist than what men's jeans are made for. That's why I think the woman's mid rise work so well. Try the regular straight leg jeans. They work very well with heels. More of the toe of your shoes sticks out so it does not make you look like you have a size 4 foot. It also makes the shoes look better. I have found the Walmart jeans to be very comfortable and this coming from someone that could not stand the fit of any other jeans besides Levis. They also have some nice Levis there too. Y only complaint is the pockets.

HEELS2U,, As I wrote in another section post I just bought some Lane Bryant Genius Fit bootcut jeans. I went into the store in 5" wedges and tried on the jeans with some other wedge sandals and kneehigh boots I carried in to check the fit. They are standard bootcut jeans and not skinny jeans and I love them. Regular bootcut jeans also allow you to crop your jeans and just tuck them into your boots which the girls love to do and so do some of our members. HappyinHeels

I don't like "rhinestones" or bling on jeans, but I very much like the nicer stitching detail on women's styles of jeans.

Has anyone tried jodhpurs!

OMG!

Not jodhpurs exactly, but I do have a pair of panelled leggings that look a little jodphur-like, and OMG indeed!

After seeing that commercial on TV where the guy comes out wearing skinny jeans I just don't think its a good look on men, even some of the kids that wear men's skinny jeans look funny to me.

The only difference between men's and women's skinny jeans is that the latter actually fit properly. The men's skinny jean style seems to be mostly driven by some kind of "misfit" trend that I don't identify with.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 months later...

I seem to have an easier time finding women's jeans/pants in my size than men's - plus I like the cut/ style way better. Haven't looked back since! Been always wearing hose with them too! Makes for easier shopping for heels, so there's an added bonus!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My daughter asked me what size jeans I wear. I told her 9 0r 10 extra long. She had a confused look on her face so I told her "Yes, I wear women's jeans. They just fit me better." She seemed okay with it. My other daughter called me from a thrift store to ask what size shoes I wore. She had found a pair of red suede heels in a size 12. She bought them for me. She thinks I only wear them for charity walks. These girls aren't stupid. I'm sure they know something's up with good ol' dad.

My daughter asked me what size jeans I wear. I told her 9 0r 10 extra long. She had a confused look on her face so I told her "Yes, I wear women's jeans. They just fit me better." She seemed okay with it. My other daughter called me from a thrift store to ask what size shoes I wore. She had found a pair of red suede heels in a size 12. She bought them for me. She thinks I only wear them for charity walks. These girls aren't stupid. I'm sure they know something's up with good ol' dad.

Yep, it sounds like they're indulging you for sure.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.