Guys Who Wear Polish On Their Toes - Where And How Often?

Logjam

Guys with polished toes - where or by whom?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Where or by whom do you get your toes polished?

• Done by myself
    • Wife, girlfriend, female friend
    • Salon or Spa
    • Nails specialty shop
    • Other
  2. 2. How often do you polish your toes or have them done?

• No more than a couple of times a year
    • Every few months or so
    • At least once per month
    • At least every two weeks
    • At least every week
    • I keep my toes polished all the time

Seeing the post in For the Guys, and re-reading the post in this section about men with polished toes got me to wondering. If you wear polish on your toes - where or by whom do you have them done, and how often do you get them done?

Myself - occasionally, I always do my own. I've had pedicures off and on for several years but have not yet gotten the nerve to ask for polish, and the techs, so far, have not asked or offered.

Regards, Logjam

I get a pedi regularly in the warmer months. Now with all the cold and snow around, no sandal or peep toe shoe wearing.

I get mine done at a nail salon. I have a favorite lady tech, that does my pedi for me. She has no problem with color on my toes. Red is my favorite. Right now I have a hot pink color, left on from the fall. Needs a fresh one, but I will wait for warmer weather.

My wife is fine with my color and I gets lots of compliments from the ladies too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I went to a nail salon once many years ago when I was vacationing in Florida and treated myself to a pedicure.  She put clear on and jokingly offered to put pink on.  Since then, I usually do it myself since I bought a manicure/pedicure set, nail files, and clear polish.  I'm kicking around the idea of going to a salon again when it gets warmer.  

My fingers and toes are always polished.  I don't like to have them long, but I'm happy to wear any colour.  When people first meet me they may be curious, but after some time I think they mostly stop noticing or caring.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I go to the home of a woman who has a wig shop in suburban Chicago when I can otherwise I do them myself. I refresh them once every ten days and completely redo them once a month or so. Every so often you have to completely remove the polish and let the nails rest for about 3-4 days.  HappyinHeels

My fingers and toes are always polished.  I don't like to have them long, but I'm happy to wear any colour.  When people first meet me they may be curious, but after some time I think they mostly stop noticing or caring.

my wife owns a salon and has been doing my nails for years

mine are actually long and like you......in the beginning i got alot of questions/comments.....but now most dont even notice/care anymore

I go once a month to a salon for a mani & a pedi. The girl who does mine doesn't have a problem painting my nails. I've tried pretty much everything from pastels to pitch black on my toes. My fingers get a clear coat. My favourite colours are reds & dark colours - blue or green. Pastels don't look good on me.

• 1 month later...

I too have toes done every month, hand every 2 weeks or so. That was only a recent swap from doing my own hands, I switched to gel for longer, stronger last longer without the fuss for me. Many folks know that I do. I also would say that doing them regularly has improved their shape and look and kept them in better shape.

I do bright colors and and sometimes with a speckle overlay.

• 6 months later...

My toenails are always professionally pedicured and are always fire engine red. I get a lot of compliments on my pedicures and choice of color. One of the girls that I work with calls my toenail color "Hoochie Mama Red".

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I usually paint my toe-nails.I use O.P.I Products     I keep my nails filed and alittle short.      Unfortunantly my toe nails have never looked  good  (should go see a podiatrist   no ingrown but just a unhealthy looking nail.  should eat healthier and take vitamins)     As of right now it is fall and colder and I decided to  go natural on toe-nails and try too let them grow out and look better.    I think I am making a good choice doing this even tho my Strappy High heels look better when I have freshly painted O.P.I Red painted nails    (I know there is the infirmary section of this site so I will check it out.)       And I want say again I love this this Site and being able to tell some of my private life and getting positive and honest comments        High heels are fun and  and  down-right Sexy and I love too wear them!       Sincerely Michael,

I have been regularly getting pedicures for a few years now. However I have been starting to learn how to apply my own polish by watching you tube videos and I have gotten pretty good at it with some practice. It makes it much more affordable and easy to change colors often!

• 6 months later...

Sometime I will spring for a pedi. Most of the time my wife paints them for me. I would like to post a pic if I could figure how to do that , I'm not good with the computer.

Pretty much all the time.

It's good to take it off for a while to let the nail breath. Put it this way. I have already messed up my nails from wearing it too long.

I have found that a base coat helps.

I occasionally give them a "rest" as i here it's good for the health of the nails but other than that i pretty much have polish on daily. I get pedicures ( and mani's) about once a month and in between, my wife or myself keep them looking good.

Nails don't breathe just the same way that your hair doesn't breathe.  I think what you are trying to say is that your nails are porous.  Having polish on your nails is good as it helps protect them from water being absorbed and degrading the nail integrity.  This is why cuticle oil is good, just as oil treatments are helpful at protecting your hair.

The chemicals used to remove polish can be harsh, which again can be absorbed by your nails.  I would say constantly removing and applying nail polish would stress your nails, but eating well, hand cream lotions and cuticle oils would do more good than any resting might help.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Yes SD, i'm not sure where i got the nails resting thing, probably blogs but i do go sans polish once in a while but never more than a few days. 

I use coconut oil for oil treatments, something else i saw on a blog,  and as a result i think they are pretty healthy. I have a pretty good diet though so who knows. I am changing polish colors every 3-5 days. It's hard to take off the professional work from a pedicure when it is still pristine, but i often do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short note, that I saw another guy, with a full royal blue pedi, today while watching a Memorial Day Parade. We passed on the sidewalk, I complimented him on his nice loking pedi. He thanked me for the compliment. I responded that I always have colored toes, however since I was in my marching uniform for the parade, mine were not visible, today. Hopefully, I may see him again.

That's the third guy, that I seen with a full colored, pedi. The last one I saw, was wearing purple and I saw him in a supermarket, last summer.

So if we are out enough, sooner or later we'll see another guy, in colored, polished toes.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice find there Bluejay. I'm sporting an OPI bright purple right now, heading in for my massage. The therapist has never made a bad or off "color" comment about my toes. I've donned it for so long now that I can't stand it when they are bare.

• 1 year later...

It's no big deal. I see men with finger color as well.  I have acrylic fingernails with gel color.  I even have nail art done all the time on my toes and fingers.  Currently each toe has a different pastel color, an Easter basket.

And if you get a pedicure go for the spa pedicure, the extra massages is worth every penny.

If you wear open toe heels in the summer you MUST color your toenails.  No excuses not to get them done..

Edited by Cali

8 hours ago, Cali said:

It's no big deal. I see men with finger color as well.  I have acrylic fingernails with gel color.  I even have nail art done all the time on my toes and fingers.  Currently each toe has a different pastel color, an Easter basket.

And if you get a pedicure go for the spa pedicure, the extra massages is worth every penny.

If you wear open toe heels in the summer you MUST color your toenails.  No excuses not to get them done..

MUST? MUST???? My feelings are hurt!

No they're not, just kidding. As I've said before and am now saying again, I'm very picky about my feet and who gets to work on them, so when my nail tech quit the business, I started doing them myself, after years of careful observation. But here's the thing--I don't really care for nail polish on men or women. I like bare, natural nails. So yes, I'm going to wear my sandals with no color on my toes. But they will be perfect!

Hey MLR, yours is certainly a legit choice! And I think the main thing is to take care of your feet. We did a Passion Play dramatic musical at our church on Good Friday eve, most all the characters, YT included, were wearing some sort of sandals. As one would expect, several of the male participants were obviously not too concerned about foot care - horrors!

Similarly to my comment in the other recent thread about what made us want to wear heels - I wish I knew why I have the interest in color on my toes. But I do have the interest, and indulge occasionally. I get professional pedis and my favorite tech (salon owner) is happy to oblige whenever I have the notion.

an interesting (to me) development - I recently had a minor foot procedure done, and the young middle-age woman doctor asked if I wore sandals, advocating their use as a good thing. When I replied that I did, she actually suggested that I might want to try painting my toes - I was quite surprised! Her "reinforcing" comment was "Men are doing that now."