The Shopping Experience

jetheelsfan

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Pumped said:

I was looking for a pair of simple flip flops to knock around the yard. I stopped at Famous Footwear and looked, but my narrow feet don't fit men's sandals, too loose. The manager was waiting on me and gave me a funny look and said, don't get crazy until you take a look, and lead me to the woman's section and pulled 4-5 pair of woman's sandals and I found a pair that fit well and are pretty plain. When I got home I showed them to my wife and she asked how I was able to find a pair narrow enough for my feet. I just gave her "the look", and she said, woman's sandals aren't they. She said their was no way to tell. I would post a pick, but it is really not necessary as they are so plain Jane. I just got a kick out of the manager heading that direction to sell me. Oh, also the manager was a young male, maybe 25 years old. I asked him if he drags men over to the woman's side very often and how does it work out. He told me that most guys don't care as long as they get what they want, but once in a while he gets a "hell no!".

Wish I could shop at this Famous footwear!

It took me years to find men sandals to fit my feet, and then they just barely fit at that. Straps too long and with at least an extra inch between my heels and the sides.  However, my women's Teva sandals fit like a dream. 

Pumped you (like me) have women's shaped foot. I stopped buying men's shoes in 2010 and I haven't had ankle problems since.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2014 at 10:43 PM, jetheelsfan said:

Sign of the times - jobs replaced by "do it yourself" service.  Started with the "gas pump jocky" and now most stores have "self check-out" - service is becoming a fading staple in retail.  The all powerful computer - but not one computer has bought a product.

Haha... so true.  
For now.

I would point at the refrigerators that get programmed to not only monitor the amount of a product you have in it ( for example eggs ) but it then emails or texts you to tell you of that fact.
I would think the logical next step is for it to simply place your order for you via Alexa or something like that.