My Pony Boots have arrived.

Richy

Fresh from Punitive Shoes, as promised they were dispatched thirty days after I ordered them. The uppers are a very soft leather, and I am able to stand in them and take some faltering steps already, despite not having worn ballets for a good two years. My right foot seems to have got a little weaker, and I am turning it out which is throwing the balance off slightly. My left foot is fine. You have to make sure that the sole of the foot is put down cleanly, not rocked from ankle to toe. One word of warning, these are extremely heavy, weighing in at about a kilo each.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They're not really to my taste, but the way your heels appear to be cantilevered is certainly unusual. I bet the footprints would cause some head scratching! How do they compare to wearing ballets? I'd imagine they'd be easier as it looks as though your foot is not at quite such an extreme angle. BTW, my Divine boots arrived yesterday. As you said, very comfortable! Chris

You're right about them being slightly easier on the ankle than ballets and they are a bit easier to walk in. The big difference is that there is no pressure on the toes at all. All the pressure is taken on the front of the ankle through the laces. It's wierd looking at them under very long jeans and seeing just the platform, but no heel. I'm starting to get used to the feel of them now.

Wow.. those are... er.. wel.. very equine? lol, I am curious how they feel long term because there are quite a few pony girls who go around clippety clopping in them and lugging thumping great carts around too. I must admit I like the look of them, although not really a boot or ballet boot fan at all. Gee.. thank goodness we will never see them in South Africa, the temptation would be huge. Hi-ho Silverrrrrrrrrrrrrr awaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Those do look interesting. Your comment about your ankles turning out caught my eye. My ankles tend to bend a bit in/out while in ballet boots. Fortunatly I've got quite a bit of ankle flexibility from my years of inline skating (the stunt kind, handrails, etc) Unfortunatly even with as much practice as I try to get I don't seem to be building up the strength needed to keep them straight all the time. Would anyone be able to recomend an exercise to strengthen up the lateral stability in ankles? Would taking up speedskating help since the low cut boots will not support the ankles and force your ankles to work to compensate? Sorry, off topic. Nice boots, can't wait to hear more about them. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

hi richy i love the boots they look great. can u coment on size, wot size u are in normal heels and wot size the pony boots are, are they undersize or spot on or oversize? cheers nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Ok, looks like a few folks are interested so. As far as a comparison to ballets is concerned, I must admit that to stand and walk in, they are more comfortable, because the weight is off the toes and more on the front of the ankle. This is more due to the tight lacing. That said, in order to walk, because of the inserts in the heel, you have to put the base of the boot down flat, which means that I have to walk with a bent knee. If you look at a horse walking, you will find pretty much the same thing, it will not put the heel down first. It's a really interesting sensation to have to modify your walk so significantly. The weight of them also makes a huge difference. What I do intend to try, however, is to wear them with the metal shoes and heel taps removed and see if there is a significant difference in how the feel. I normally wear anything between an 9 and a 10 in womens shoes and boots. These were ordered on the basis of my foot length, and going by the sizing chart on the punitive shoes website. The came out as a size 43 and I have to say that they are a very good fit on the toe to heel sizing and have plenty of width in the foot. The leg tube is a little tighter than I would normally wear, but I have big calves and it helps to keep the toes away from the boot end.

Untill I joined this forum, I never heard of a pony boot. Now after looking at a picture of a pair here, they sure do look strange. Do they require the wearer to shorten their stride when they walk? Do they come in shoe form or just in boot form?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

PJ

You really do have to reduce you stride length, just as you have to with any other type of heel. That's the only way that the tendons can cope with the added stretching. Punitive shoes do a shoe, ankle boot and knee boot in this style. Here's a slightly better photo showing how they look when stood upright in them. I've temporarily removed the metalwork from the sole which makes them much easier to walk in. I can now walk in a heel to toe manner rather than having to land the sole flat on the floor with each step.

Posted Image

Richie wrote:

I can now walk in a heel to toe manner rather than having to land the sole flat on the floor with each step.

having to walk having to land the sole flat on the floor with each step is exactly the way ponies walk. And, isn't that gait responsible for making that destinctive clip clop, clip clop sound that is identified with a horse or ponie? :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

having to walk having to land the sole flat on the floor with each step is exactly the way ponies walk. And, isn't that gait responsible for making that destinctive clip clop, clip clop sound that is identified with a horse or ponie?

Quite right, but from a practical pont of view, with the metals on, they are a lot harder to walk on. The fact that having the metals attached forces you to reproduce the gait of a pony is a tribute to the way that they are designed. When I bought them I was looked at them from the perspective of an unusual boot rather than for any particular usage in pony play. You have to admit they are a very unusual deisgn, and I think, quite stylish in their own way.