Help With Wearing Very High Style Pumps

Heel-Lover

Hi all,

I wear high heels plenty and I've been interested in trying these heels (and similar styles into my wardrobe for variety and for fun) but I struggle to wear them for long?

Is there any way to be able to wear these for enough time to be practical?

I have no issue with the heel itself - its my toes that can't handle the pressure. Let my toes flatten out like normal pumps and I'd be fine, but my weight is all on my tips of my toes. For about 10 mins I'm ok. Walking around etc is not much harder than my highest standard heels, but its the pain after 10-15 mins that starts to get to me and I need to take the weight off.

I have tried padding the toe area which helped a bit

I don't want to wear these all the time, because this style is a little silly, I'd just like to be able to stand for say half an hour it needed to, so that they could be practical?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Hi all,

I wear high heels plenty and I've been interested in trying these heels (and similar styles into my wardrobe for variety and for fun) but I struggle to wear them for long?

Is there any way to be able to wear these for enough time to be practical?

I have no issue with the heel itself - its my toes that can't handle the pressure. Let my toes flatten out like normal pumps and I'd be fine, but my weight is all on my tips of my toes. For about 10 mins I'm ok. Walking around etc is not much harder than my highest standard heels, but its the pain after 10-15 mins that starts to get to me and I need to take the weight off.

I have tried padding the toe area which helped a bit

I don't want to wear these all the time, because this style is a little silly, I'd just like to be able to stand for say half an hour it needed to, so that they could be practical

I tried some of those on once. My friend Nikki has a pair. Also in red but more sort of lace up Oxford style. I couldn't get the hang of them at all. I'm sure I would feel  stripped of any sort of confidence and quite vulnerable if I went out wearing them, even if I was an accomplished tiptoer. 

I showed a pic of me wearing Nik's to a friend of mine who's a bit of an expert. She said that they looked to be too big for me. She'd spotted the gap between my heel and the back of the shoe which is apparently no good at all. She said they have to be a very tight fit if you're to even attempt walking in them and if you do then apparently your ankles give out fairly swiftly. Good fun for a try out but not my cup of tea at all and I don't even look like Brian Eno. Now when you've finished reading my post you should rally round and support Jim. he's having the worst time with his family and you're all partly responsible for goading each other to venture out in womens shoes.

http://www.hhplace.org/topic/22116-father-argue-about-my-heels-and-guys-in-website-here/

Well, this is just me, but I think you'd be better off wearing more traditional styled shoes, if but for no other reason than comfort.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Amanda,

They are leather and firm fitting so that's good, but I'll try a bit more.

You're quite right about Jim, and its a hard subject to broach remotely and with language differences as well. And yes - this site probably doesn't help - it most likely encourages....

rgds

Heel-Lover

Hi crotchhiboots,

thanks - yes I had thought of more support via a bootie style, but I prefer pumps because they do not shorten the length of my legs, the lower vamp and bare leg elongates, whereas ankle straps/ ankle boots shorten the leg. I'll focus on making sure my weight is back, the arch on those pumps is pretty high so they are taking a lot of my weight by their design, I'll see what more I can do.

Maybe I should try some boots as a comparison.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover: With a few engineering tricks I was able to go about an hour standing/walking in ballet heels. For that I had to wear 2 sizes larger with a pair of Gaynor Minden pointe shoes inside, as they are designed to support the weight of a dancer in that position. Even with the best padding if I wore them that long I would lose the nail on my 2nd toe, as it happens to be longer. After going through that a couple times I lost interest in the pursuit of being able to wear ballet heels for extended periods, and rarely wear them anymore. Hrmf. 

Keep an eye open for different gel toe pads, or even lambs wool, available from dancewear shops and online. I recommend you try several styles and see what works for you, as they all work a little different. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

Someone sent me this link today after a discussion about those shoes. Quite an accomplishment, I'm sure you will agree.

The outfits are a bit garish but then I suppose that's par for the course and probably on the catwalks next year anyway........the music....well I'm sure ilik will approve.

Anyway, that's probably enough dissing for someone who's obviously trained hard and doubtless suffered from the odd ache and pain.

Totally impressive how she handled all the terrain (stairs, hard floors) so gracefully. For sure it must take a lot of practice and, without wishing to take anything away from her amazing skill, it must also be an advantage that she surely can't weigh much more than 50kg... such heels must get exponentially more difficult, if not eventually impossible, with increasing body weight.

If you like it, wear it.

Someone sent me this link today after a discussion about those shoes. Quite an accomplishment, I'm sure you will agree.

The outfits are a bit garish but then I suppose that's par for the course and probably on the catwalks next year anyway........the music....well I'm sure ilik will approve.

Anyway, that's probably enough dissing for someone who's obviously trained hard and doubtless suffered from the odd ache and pain.

I look at both those girls and want to stuff a cheezeburger down their throats. Its one thing to be fit and skinny but I bet they swallow their fingers more then real nurishment. Its sad but a LOT of the girls today want those thigh-gap figures and will destroy themselves in order to look a certain way.

The one in the Ballet heels did maneuver quite well. The other in the jackstands walked without issue. Takes talent and practice for the Ballet heels. The Jackstands? Not so much.

The Music? Just loops in garageband. No real performers behind it. Its ' ok ' but I like human variances ;).

Ive tried on a pair of ballet heels once, didnt get to walk in them. I have no real input about them at all.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi Amanda,

wow that link is spectacular in the sense of outrageous style and mastery of those ballet heels.

They might as well be wearing body paint and a corset.... very figure revealing....and restricting...

I note neither girl is wearing pumps, they're boots with lacing so I am guessing that helps by firm fitting and taking weight away from the toes?

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I look at both those girls and want to stuff a cheezeburger down their throats. Its one thing to be fit and skinny but I bet they swallow their fingers more then real nurishment. Its sad but a LOT of the girls today want those thigh-gap figures and will destroy themselves in order to look a certain way.

So, you're fan of human variance ..... ilik, at the risk of annoying you.....not everyone in Europe is fat and actually it's healthier not to be. I've never put my own fingers down my throat and if I did want to vomit then what better enducement than a cheeseburger.

Being skinny in my case has to do with regular exercise, genetics and not eating fat rich food.

I'm pleased you liked the music :-) x

Hi Amanda,

wow that link is spectacular in the sense of outrageous style and mastery of those ballet heels.

They might as well be wearing body paint and a corset.... very figure revealing....and restricting...

I note neither girl is wearing pumps, they're boots with lacing so I am guessing that helps by firm fitting and taking weight away from the toes?

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Spectacular and outrageous, I think are an apt choice of words.

The lace up boots will  certainly give oodles of support and yes if laced tight enough across the instep then some of the weight would be taken off the toes. I remember having lace up boots that were slightly too large for me. (I bought them on the large size so I could wear thick socks in them in winter). they were quite steep and if I wore them just with tights and closed the laces fully then the balls of my feet would only just reach the sole. And yes as mentioned above by sleek heels I'm very sure that heavier people will suffer more from walking "en pointe"

Being skinny in my case has to do with regular exercise, genetics and not eating fat rich food. 

I tend to agree with Amanda on this one.  These women in no way looked under-nourished.  The reason they look especially skinny in the video:  its called a corset, corsets can easily take 4-6 inches off the appearance of waist, and with no discomfort believe it or not.  Also, the latex body suit helps compress/hide any other body flab, which I don't think is the case for these ladies, they are just in very good shape in my opinion.  They seem to have plenty of meat on their bodies for my taste.  :)

As for the one in ballet boots... just wow, that is most impressive.  She walks in them like they are simple 3-4 inch heels, absolutely amazing.

You may want to check Suzan Zibar's YouTube channel. Amazing what this lady can do on ballet heels. Here is a tutorial: 

Greetings Hans.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences

Heel-Lover,

I've never owned a pair, much less walked in them but have read about them (and may try one day).  One thing I've read is you may want to go smaller size wise.  Doing that (with lace up shoes at least) allows your whole foot to absorb some of the weight taking much of it off your toes.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Skinny-shaming is as bad as fat-shaming. Stop judging.

Completely OT, but it's not fat that make you fat, it's sugar.. ;)

I tend to agree with Amanda on this one.  These women in no way looked under-nourished.  The reason they look especially skinny in the video:  its called a corset, corsets can easily take 4-6 inches off the appearance of waist, and with no discomfort believe it or not.  Also, the latex body suit helps compress/hide any other body flab, which I don't think is the case for these ladies, they are just in very good shape in my opinion.  They seem to have plenty of meat on their bodies for my taste.  :)

And the one with the fringe cut in front of her hair, when she looks sideways her jawbone sticks out like a butchers knife because she has absolutely NO MEAT on her face at all. I understand what a corset is and what it does. Care to buy a few? Theres boxes of them here that I havent put on Ebay yet. I used tyo attend and gig at raves and such.

So, you're fan of human variance ..... ilik, at the risk of annoying you.....not everyone in Europe is fat and actually it's healthier not to be. I've never put my own fingers down my throat and if I did want to vomit then what better enducement than a cheeseburger.

I'm pleased you liked the music :-) x

Never stated people in Europe were fat. Theres variances everywhere. As stated earlier in this message, the girl with the fringe cut has no meat at all, could probably be bulimic or a mega vegan lacking iron on all counts. Look how squared her shoulders are, with the bones poking into the latex. Look at her neck in comparison to her jaw. Either her jaw is double the human length or her neck is too small..

Being skinny in my case has to do with an overactive metabolism and medicinal issues ( that are somewhat resolved ;) ). Im too damn active for my own good and need some time on the porch relaxing with many glassed of iced tea ;) .

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Being skinny in my case has to do with an overactive metabolism and medicinal issues ( that are somewhat resolved ;) ). Im too damn active for my own good and need some time on the porch relaxing with many glassed of iced tea ;) .

Jealousy is not a particularly attractive trait ilikekicks, but carry on, other people find the video enjoyable.