Sort Of An Outing...

Mickey S.

Hi folks, here's my little story... Well, I wouldn't consider it an outing as I'm out and about and to the office on moderate (2") heels (from the guys' shelf) or more 'serious' heel heights (4" wedges from the girls' section) for quite some time already. But usually I tend to produce a look that kinda blends in rather than to stand out... with respect to the shoes. ;o) Anyway, in fall 2012 I came across a website where they offered lessons on how to walk properly in high heels. I did a little reasearch and found they usually provide training sessions across the country to all 'regular' people who are interested in the matter on one hand and, for example, to such people as (male) actors (impersonating females) on the other hand. All the references I found made me sure I wasn't going to be framed by fraudulent people. Hm. Hmmmm. Interesting, indeed. Though I still wasn't quite sure whether or not to take this chance. :o) It wasn't until early May 2013 when I finally convinced myself and got around to sign up for a training-day with them. Weeks passed rather slowly after that. But finally the day came. I arrived. First one to attend. Later on it turned out to be a group of 10 or 13 with me being the only male person in the room. The cute trainer, maybe 5'4", a former ballet dancer, held the lesson. All that time she was wearing shoes with an 'effective' heel height of 5.5..6" in her size EU35 ('effective' means: She also sported e. g. 7.5" heels with 2" platforms which still results in 5.5" heels that her feet had to cope with.). Great. Anyway, after an initial check which gladly I didn't fail - whether or not one was basically able to 'use' high heeled shoes - it all began. No more excuses, no hiding of the shoes anymore, I had to do my strutting in front of the crowd (all nice looking Ladies). Clearly visible 5.5" wedges, 0.8" platform (or something like that, measurements taken with a regular ruler showed it's been 12.5cm, effectively) I was walking on. Much to my surprise I wasn't looked at like "... what's this GUY doing in here? ...". So I exercised along as everybody else did. The training concluded with a short walk outside... 8o()! OMG, '... when was I to be seen on Youtube? ...', I thought to myself. But everything went along smoothly. No funny looks, no funny comments; during the training they even inquired where my ankle boots were from... Anyway, I was having the time of my life... - When we parted two of the Ladies even let me know how surprised they were how boldly and naturally I wore my high heeled shoes. - What a day! Bottom line, I'm so glad I did this. It was such a relief, the feeling, not having to hide this. Even if it was for only a couple of hours. Just in the days before the training I thought the others would probably think I was possibly doing this just to 'spy' on the Ladies in the class. Wasted thoughts. I was there because of a common interest. So cool! Alright, if any of the girls / women who read along were with me on that course and remembers that day in May -- well, now you know who's the one behind Mickey S. ;o) Thanks, -Mike

That was obviously a fun experience. Guys in heels are more accepted than we think, especially by women. You gave off vibes of confidence, and many women find that very sexy. Good job, and thanks for sharing it with us.

What was the web site you found that on? Others here might be interested. Can you share any details? Cost? How often is the course given? What kind of exercises did you do for a full day, or however long it lasted?

Steve

Hi!

Okay, it's this site: WalkOnHeelz. It's generally in German, don't know if an international (English?) version exists. The course was held on one day, comprised 3 parts, 90 minutes each. It takes place once or twice a month on locations all across Germany. -- Well, it's mostly about exercising. There are just a few basics that is gone over and over again. By the time the course is over you know where you have to pay attention to, like warming up before exercising, keeping the balance (watch your posture), strengthen your muscles, pay attention to well-fitting shoes, keep changing between high heels and flat shoes, always keep all your toes flat on the ground while exercising 'going tip-toe'... Sort of this. What we did was an exaggeration of what you would encounter when wearing your 'regular' high heeled shoes. Always practice in a way that is more challenging compared to your daily shoe wear. The trainer watches you closely how you walk and how your walk improves over the duration of the course. And then it's all up to you to remember this and practice on a daily base. -- But the most important thing to me was just to be there. :o)

Thanks,

Mike

I agree, can you provide a few more details. Including your general opinion on the actual training it self. Did you learn anything new? Probably should post a companion thread in the "For Everyone" section if you would like some female thoughts. Actually a new thread on the merits of the training and any feedback for any others who may have taken a class. Glad you had a great time.

It was a very friendly atmosphere and the trainer did a very professional job. What I have learnt? Live your passion and tell 'them' you mean it. Then you'll be accepted. But the environment has to be prepared otherwise they react funny cause they don't know how to deal with it. In that class, however, there was a lot of acceptance... ;o) I didn't know - at least I can't tell you - how but somehow it got my 'thing for shoes' across and that I'm honest with it.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

Gosh, what an awesome experience.  Way to go!  I might have to try to find a similar class here in Arizona, USA.

I have to ask about preparing the environment.  What did you do to prepare the environment with this experience?

I agree with you more and more everyday.  We gotta be honest about our thing for shoes.  The first time that I went to a fund raiser in heels I attempted to tell a story about why I was wearing heels.  The reaction I got told me that they knew I was full of it.  At subsequent fund raisers I was straight up that I dig heels and that this was not my first day wearing them and that was received with interest, sparked good conversation, and led to questions about where I got my shoes etc.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hi Larry, with "prepared environment" I was rather referring to the folks like those in the class. They all knew why we were there. And, for my part, I tried to radiate honesty, otherwise you'll end up being just another freak. From this experience, however, I gained a lot of confidence and I feel I don't care what others might think less and less each day. But it's still small steps. It needs to be done carefully. Don't wanna shock the people I live and work with. Like I said, I'm wearing my 4" wedge ankle boots to the office on a daily base, more or less only halfway covered by longer, sligthly flared pants. So far I didn't get any reaction although I'm pretty sure it's been noticed... Thanks, Mike

• 2 weeks later...