Do You Know Your Christian Louboutins?

gary0618

The batignolles is the style I want!

Put me down for (in order of preference), Lady Lynch, Dafodile, Pigalle. Tic-tac-and toe. But I've house stuff to buy so not likely this'll happen anytime soon.

This made me think of this rather fun chart for some reason. 

Posted Image

I know what the prices are, which means the chart is pretty irrelevant.

If the toes are pointy - - - not for me.

Beyond that, all options are good if someone else is buying - - - again - not likely to happen.

Lately, I've been using CL's as examples of footwear not to have for most of their heel shapes and placements are like straight sticks at the back of the shoes. I prefer more of a long stemmed wine glass look for heel shapes where the stilettos are supporting under the forward center of the foot's heel, like the CL Piou Piou, the Steve Madden Pewter Darrt, the Gucci Sophia, or the Nine West Love Fury. The Batignolles have decently shaped heels that I would consider buying if the price wasn't so astronomical without real merit and they were still available. 

As Histello has said the placement of the heels so far at the back looks daft. Also not very good for walking either. The pricing is insane, he has no big sizes, almost all the shoes look fugly as sin and the dude doesn't want other dudes to wear them. He and his shoes can go bugger off for all I care. 

As Histello has said the placement of the heels so far at the back looks daft. Also not very good for walking either. The pricing is insane, he has no big sizes, almost all the shoes look fugly as sin and the dude doesn't want other dudes to wear them. He and his shoes can go bugger off for all I care. 

I'm kinda curious, what do you think about say these:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/ritch-erani-nyfc-vadis-boot-item-10560313.aspx?storeid=9573

Hey! saudade,

First of all, let me say that there are no wrong or right answers here and opinions are just one's perspective. Since you have ask for my take on this ankle boot, here it goes. The Vadis boot seems very conservative and would fit best with dress pants and jeans. The pointed toe box seems to be shaped for optimal comfort, because the sides don't immediately straight-line to the point, but they rather conform to the natural top silhouetted view of a person's toe area. The covering leather over the in-step would bother me for it seems a bit constrictive, but as these heels are worn this area may stretch a bit to become more comfortable. The arch of the boot looks like it would be a great support for the arch of the foot, however, the stiletto heel doesn't look right to properly support the boot's arch, for it looks like the stiletto is only holding up the very back of the boot. To me this is a structural flaw for it is only an illusion of support that is off its mark for the purpose of holding up the whole heel of the foot.

Another consideration that I have, is that the heel tip should be as close to the front of the heel perpendicularly as possible. If you would notice when barefooted, the ankle is centered perpendicular above this same location of the foot's heel. The further the heel tip is placed in back of this point, after the height of the footwear's heel reaches the barefoot height of the ankle's pivot point, the greater the foot has to work in the process of walking while landing each step, thus causing the foot and ankle to become fatigued sooner. With the heel tip of the stiletto directly under the back of the boot's heel, there is a greater chance that the fatigue will cause the ankle to loose its strength and falter in its action, which could result in injury or extreme walking discomfort. 

The arch of the boot looks like it would be a great support for the arch of the foot, however, the stiletto heel doesn't look right to properly support the boot's arch, for it looks like the stiletto is only holding up the very back of the boot. To me this is a structural flaw for it is only an illusion of support that is off its mark for the purpose of holding up the whole heel of the foot.

Another consideration that I have, is that the heel tip should be as close to the front of the heel perpendicularly as possible. If you would notice when barefooted, the ankle is centered perpendicular above this same location of the foot's heel. The further the heel tip is placed in back of this point, after the height of the footwear's heel reaches the barefoot height of the ankle's pivot point, the greater the foot has to work in the process of walking while landing each step, thus causing the foot and ankle to become fatigued sooner. With the heel tip of the stiletto directly under the back of the boot's heel, there is a greater chance that the fatigue will cause the ankle to loose its strength and falter in its action, which could result in injury or extreme walking discomfort. 

I'll stop with this post as I'm derailing the discussion somewhat but that makes sense. I guess my main point is I have a few pairs of shoes that have the heel way back and don't see much of an issue walking in them. Additionally I seem to actually like the overall look of some of these type of heels. Ref:

(about the extreme of how it normally would be done)

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/alexander-mcqueen-colour-block-ankle-boot-item-10553463.aspx

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/saint-laurent-classic-paris-110-ankle-boot-item-10545778.aspx

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/john-richmond-knee-length-boot-item-10520404.aspx

But yeah just my opinion I guess. Looks like its not as popular of one based on the responses to the louboutins but whatever its all good.

I'm not usually a fan of the heel being so far back (I have one such pair but only 3½" so walking is easy). Given that I'd wear those boots with trousers that would cover where the heel joins the sole, any style objections would go away, they'd look pretty smart.

As for the Louboutins in the original picture, my overall favourite style is the Daffodile but my favourite heel shape is that of the Bana.

If you like it, wear it.