Extreme Heel Evening

jamie1608

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just post, "I want to attend an extreme heels event, but I don't want to organise it; you do all the work and I'll just show up."

Pardon my subtle sarcasm, but if you want to have an event, then you need to offer some specific ideas so other people can decide whether or not they want to attend. YOU need to come up with a theme, a venue, a date and time, and then announce it. It can be flexible if you want it to be, so it will appeal to a larger audience, but flexible doesn't mean vague. So, for example, try something like, "I would like to suggest an extreme heel event - wear your wildest shoes - anything over 5" heels, ballet heels, kinky boots, fetish, whatever - and anything else you want to wear. Party will be at XXXXX pub, from 10 pm to ? on January 15 (or whatever date most respondents can meet. I've cleared this with the pub management and they're fine with it in their private room. You can wear normal shoes there and change when you get there. Looking forward to having a good time with all of you. Let me know if you're interested by pm-ing me here."

That might get more response than the lukewarm suggestion you've made. Hope that was helpful. It was meant to be.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Steve

Since I been on this site.  Have always wanted to make new friends that live close to me that also wear heels.  I think the biggest problem is most are married or just lazy.  I tend to do my own thing now. I just go out shopping on my own for heels now.

I think that by and large most people just want to do their own thing and aren't really that interested in meeting up with complete strangers...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

When I first joined this site there were heel meets going on and I have done 3 world heel meets and couple of smaller heel meets in London. Now there 's nothing going on.  I posted about going to London during the sales. Nothing, not even 1 reply. I did met an old friend that also into heels but not from this site..We had a good chat about heels and other women clothing. 

A few years ago there were several popular heeling events, but the interest seems to have died out. I attended a couple of excellent heel meets in Canton, Ohio, organized by Johnieheel and they were fun. I met some nice guys and gals from this forum and we had a fun afternoon, a good lunch, and some interesting shoe shopping.

But it seems like after you've been there and done that, it's not such a big deal any more. You've proved to yourself that you can go out in public in heels and lived to tell about it. Few people noticed and it was less traumatic than you expected. So you have done it a few times on your own, with no fanfare, and the idea of a heel meet is no longer as attractive as it was before when you felt there was strength and security in numbers.

At least that's my take on it. Other opinions?

Steve

A few years ago there were several popular heeling events, but the interest seems to have died out. I attended a couple of excellent heel meets in Canton, Ohio, organized by Johnieheel and they were fun. I met some nice guys and gals from this forum and we had a fun afternoon, a good lunch, and some interesting shoe shopping.

But it seems like after you've been there and done that, it's not such a big deal any more. You've proved to yourself that you can go out in public in heels and lived to tell about it. Few people noticed and it was less traumatic than you expected. So you have done it a few times on your own, with no fanfare, and the idea of a heel meet is no longer as attractive as it was before when you felt there was strength and security in numbers.

At least that's my take on it. Other opinions?

Steve

I do not know whether your theory about why interest has died out is correct, but it certainly is plausible.

Personally Steve I think you are quite right in your theory. I have attended 3 heel meets first in 2002 a local type of one and two so called world heelmeets 2007 and 2009, I did enjoy meeting other like minded people and had a good time. Now I'am more like what the good doctor says just do my own thing as and when I want. I have arranged a couple of meeting with say one other local person just for a quick drink in a nearby pub and that seems to do me ok and I do keep in contact with them. I still believe the best heelmeet was 2007 when I met quite a few of you from across the pond.

life is not a rehearsal

dww,

I have enjoyed meeting many other heelers in person. It's fun to do and usually lunch and a shoe-shopping event is part of the fun. I've met johnieheel, kittyinboots, vector, spikesmike, weird1, radiodave, bluejay, happyinheels, happyfeet, and several others, a couple of lurkers, plus a few wives (forgive me if I've forgotten to mention anyone). We've walked around San Francisco, Columbus, Buffalo, Canton, Akron, Cleveland, and other cities. I'm not sure why the interest in having meets seems to have died out. True, they take some effort to organize, but the ones I've attended have been great and the heelers I've met one-on-one have been really nice people. I would be very interested in visiting the UK again and meeting more heelers there.

Steve

I think the main reason they've died out is because no one wants to come to them. You organise one in the UK and people ask why it isn't being organised in the US. Then people argue about the fact that it's the south of the country when they live in the north.

My idea would be to have a Heels Day where people the world over would wear their heels with pride. It would be good for the closet wearers because they could at least say why they're wearing heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Good idea, Doctor. Pick a date and let's promote it. Of course, for some of us, EVERY day is Heels Day. But for others, it might be a good thing to help them go public if they want to but are reluctant.

Maybe Hallmark, the greeting card company, would be interested in yet another holiday for which to promote their greeting cards? HA HA HA :D

Steve

• 1 month later...

dww, I'll second what Steve63130 said about meeting members in person and say that meeting he and and his wife was one of the most satisfying things I did in 2013 and I did a lot from attend four football games, two hockey games, a baseball game and travel to San Francisco, Yosemite, Toronto, Philadelphia, and Quebec CIty. Steve and I went shopping and I wore quite high wedges and carried a handbag and toured his quaint hometown in Ohio while wearing the heels of my choice. No big meet, just some nice company. And I think that's probably all that's needed is another companion. HappyinHeels