Fancy Dress For New Years Eve

LovesHiHeels

Since this is meant to be a old school disco. I could go as  a St Trinian school girl. Have a skirt that would suit. Have plenty of heels to choose from.  So just a top and a tie I need. Did go to a charity shop and the sales women was very helpful She got me to try on couple of dresses and skirts. Let just say I know what dresses work on me and were not to my taste any way.

Also tried on couple of heels. I'm a size 9 and the Charity shop didn't have any in a size 9 but  the sales woman got me to try on couple of size 7 and 8 heels. The woman thinking as these were slingback or open toe heels  they might fit me. Sort of glad they didn't fit as the heels were only 2" high. The charity shop did have a pair of Nine west heels in red with a bow with a 4" heel.  Would of bought them straight away had they fitted me, I did tell the sales woman  how did she expect me to walk in 4" heels. Only for her to say to me that it good for us  men to do this sometimes. 

Here's a little bit of light humour,

when I go to the pub without a skirt or a dress I get teased by the restaurant/bar owner for being in 'mufti'.

He says "I didn't know it was mufti day today?..."

Other's tease me for wearing 'fancy dress' when I'm dressed in regular menswear.

rgds

Heel-Lover

Jeans and a t-shirt - - at the house.

With my luck, I'd get a DUI. Nothing close interesting to do. The nearest vilage will have all their 'Barney Fife's' out on full patrol looking to add to the village coffers.

Hi Barfly,

Being a big night and all, I didn't get too dressy, but still wanted to be good looking.

I wore a fitted black capped sleeve fine woollen top, a bright coloured mini skirt (mainly yellows & pinks with white and black) and black stiletto pumps.

A simple outfit with a pop of colour on the miniskirt (approx 13 inch miniskirt), I got lots of compliments on my mini & legs so I was enjoying myself.

cheers

Heel-Lover

What a great way to see in the new year Heel-Lover. The vibrant colours of the skirt with the simple black stilettos and top sounds like a very effective way of creating the illusion of hips. Is that ever a consideration for you? It is for me because my skirt size is one size lower than my top size (which can make dresses a little tricky). I find that broadening the hips with a brightly coloured skirt can look a little plump with flats, but of course heels are the perfect solution for that :)

If you like it, wear it.

Hi SleekHeels,

naturally the shape of skirts & dresses is tricky without the small waistline that girls have.

I hadn't thought of colour for enhancing the shapely look, it may well do but that hadn't occurred to me.

That mini is a tulip mini, so it has a very slight amount of puff to it and it nips back at the hem which sits just under my bottom.

For shape I wear a-lines, circle skirts, skater and tulip skirts.

The tulip skirt has medium curvy shape and is less risqué.

The first three can be an 'unexpected nuisance' in the wind/breeze especially when very short so good looking underwear is usually essential just in case.

I also wear pencil skirts/ bodycons but I'll generally only wear these with a peplum style top or a jacket otherwise I am too stick like.

I prefer a pencil skirt to be a few fingers above the knee so I find them a bit hot for mid summer.

I do have a couple of dresses in fit & flare style with dark triangle patches at the hips, and bright colour elsewhere, looking at them I can see it creates a black space on each side of my waist suggesting a smaller waist (as it would for anyone wearing such a dress) so I think you might be right about claver use of colours and pattern.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Hi Barfly,

In the spirit of encouraging others (and being a bit of an exhibitionist), I put the mini, top and heels on and got a friend to take some shots using her phone this morning. (qualitys not good sorry)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I also wore a lilac & pink chunky necklace as well, which had metal collars all round it - hard to explain but it sat in among the folds of the cowl neck top.

Coordinated nicely with the skirt.

I forgot it for these photos.

cheers

Heel-Lover