What kind of heels would you like to wear in public??

DandyDude

Those do look comfortable, and not overly feminine but for the heels. They also look good. Shame about the driving problems, I'm sure you'll adapt if neccessary though :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to wear some six inch Silber spike pumps. Fifties style with the toe tips that curl up slightly. I would have to compliment them with off-black thigh highs and a black sundress or slip of course. But just the thought of walking down the street to my fave bookstore or adult shop and pivoting/clicking around in them would really be arousing as hell. Especially after tanning or aerobics with my legs nice and swollen/flexed.

Yes, Skirted-UK, I share your surprise concerning the walking in shoes with such a heel. I bought me a pair of boots with a 3.5" block heel like your Vivian Loafers'. I wanted to be able to walk around in heels safely during winter when roads are slippery and wet. But these boots made me feel like I had 16 tons on my feet and I had a walking-style like Herman Munster. I must admit that I have made only little progress to improve my walking in these boots, although they fit perfectly well and are very comfortable, indeed. I think, a 2" block heel like this is O.K. , but anything above 3" is too high for this kind of heel to walk around in style. What I would LIKE to wear in public are my 5" zebra-style gladiator sandals with a silver pointed toe. These are one of the highlights of my collection, but since I'm not a CD and don't intend to become one, they will unfortunately never see the streets of anywhere... :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

• 2 months later...

Well, this was resurrected, and there are some new styles out there, so...

Posted Image

I think there are a lot of styles out there that would look very normal on a man, to the point where the only thing that might twig others would be the heel height - and even then, some styles, like the one above, to me would look more normal on a man than a woman!

Here's some others that aren't nearly as manly, but would nevertheless, in my humble opinion, look just fine on a guy, probably because the straps are wider, black, and if you just lowered the heel, it'd look like half a dozen men's styles currently on the market.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To bring my last point to home, I was once asked if a pair of genuine men's sandals I was wearing wearing weren't women's shoes. They were toe thongs I bought through Key West Sandals.

More women's shoes I'd like to wear:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess what, folks - the last four sandals pictured were MEN'S sandals. So it looks like the lines of distinction between men and women's shoes are indeed blurring, except for the still designer-taboo issue of heel height.

I guess my question is - what, exactly, is it about heel height that makes it taboo for men's shoe designs and desired for women's shoe designs?

• 3 years later...

Thought I'd resurrect this. If you could wear whatever you liked without anybody giving you grief for it, what shoes would you wear? What would you wear them with?

I imagine going to a play or symphony with a nice dress shirt, black dress slacks, and a black pair of these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7254900.html

Or maybe a pair of black open-toed pumps, maybe like these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/20093336/c/72.html

On a warm, sunny day, maybe a white linen skirt, polo shirt, and a pair of these:

http://couture.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6929316/c/50856.html

Oxfords, boots [ankle or knee-high], pumps and loafers, with 2" to 4" block/ cowboy/ chunky heels, usually black- but other colors will be OK too. I wouldn't mind stillettos, but it'll be quite long before I master them!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Posted Image

I defintely like the ones on the left. Very sharp and stylish! Could you tell us more about them?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

These are two nice pairs of boots. I like the blade heel boot. If have definitely worn boots like those outside going shopping (though never to work). I wear stilletto boots like the ones on the left as well, but not as frequent. Really nice pair though. Looks like the heel is over 4" ?

• 3 weeks later...

No pic yet, but I would enjoy wearing my 4.75" heeled crotch-high boots in a mall or wally world or..., under my pants though. I'm sure the noise would be enough to tip off anyone as to what is walking by.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

• 2 years later...

Just a pair of ballet/dress flats, with either pointed toe or open toe would be wonderful. The kind of heels I wear in private are too tall to do much walking in, but I've always liked the dress flats. They look like pumps, just without the heel (if that makes any sense?)

I'd like to wear all types of heels in public:from wedge-heel sandals under some jeans to some pumps and a dress to stiletto-heel boots. I don't even have to dress at all-I'd just like the UNMITIGATED CHOICES that women enjoy every day. I think I love women's shoes (and clothes) because it is the medium they use to express themselves personally and professionally while men's shoes are a utilitarian nightmare! HappyinHeels

I wear both block-heeled loafers and stiletto-heeled pumps, both with skirts.

That's very encouraging, skirtsnhose. Where do you wear them? To work, the mall out to a restaurant, shopping?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I would nothing more than to be comfortable enough to wear my pointy toed stiletto boots under jeans without hiding them where ever I choose. With time I will get there. I also agree with Bootking...Stiletto, stiletto, stiletto...