What kind of heels would you like to wear in public??

DandyDude

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason wwhy you don't see guys is to Quote Iron Maiden's "fear Is The Key" (off "Fear Of The Dark) "Fear is the key, To what you want to be, You don't get a say, the majority has it's way, You're out numbered by the B$%$$rd's 'till the day you die" (it's actually about kids getting HIV/AIDS but I think it suits the current topic just fine!) also I can't see the traditional view of men's role in society changing soon, I wish it could but I don't think it will( unfortunately, I'm not one for starting such bold fashon changes :D later. TXT-1

-

Here is what I'd like to wear in public.

Posted Image

........ and leave the keys at home.

Unfortunately I don't have the courage to try it ....... yet.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

There is always the classic bondage move of mailing yourself the keys.. Either to your house or to a Post office box, and then having to go retrieve the keys a day or two later. I have a pair of pumps kinda like that, but the locks do not do anything since the strap is velcro'ed elsewhere.. I guess I could change that over to a chain instead :D Have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Wouldn't it be something if we just all started wearing the styles we liked in public ...

Hi, for me it would be the thrill of being different or perhaps caught with my hand in the cookie jar!

If we all could wear what we wanted, and did not fear being different to the norm, then maybee we would all look the same, take the classic Goth for instance, dressed in such a way to be individual, but they all look the same!

where is the fun in that?

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

^ Oh no, don't provoke me into the Goth V individuality V What is Goth debate :( I'll be here forever :D Suffice to say if you dress how you feel, and you are happy with that image, then who cares. If you dress how others expect, then you cares, and if you cares, you suffer, like it or not. Who likes suffering?

Never said a truer word Firefox.Only problem is that its the other people in our lives that seem to have their own hang-ups :D about how we should dress and what the implications are to them :( ,in being associated with people who like to be themselves

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

:D Hi every one i have only recently joined and am sort of new to this well any way i wear knee high boots out side when me and my partner go for a strol or to the locall shops or whlst i'am driving on a long journey. the boots have a 4 1/2 Inch heel they are very comfertable only is that i could wear them out side on a regular basis.

^

Oh no, don't provoke me into the Goth V individuality V What is Goth debate :( I'll be here forever :D

Suffice to say if you dress how you feel, and you are happy with that image, then who cares. If you dress how others expect, then you cares, and if you cares, you suffer, like it or not. Who likes suffering?

Having met Heelfan last weekend, he told me that you were sorry that you could not meet me and my family when we had a brief get together in Bristol, dont get me wrong, I was not meaning to single out any style, I could have said punk for instance, or farmer style!

I am sorry I touched a nerve, with the goth thing, and to be fair it is a look I like. but I was trying to say that we should be individuals, and not part of a gang, although it is nice not to feel alone, why should high heel wearers be known as high heel wearers, my name is Nigel.

I dont answer to anything else.

It would be good to meet up with you at a meet some time, that is if you are not to upset with my throw away remarks?

Damn this internet thing, It can be so inpersonal.

High heels from Wiltshire,

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Hi Nigel

Don't worry you didn't touch a nerve. The "what is Goth/individual" debate seems to be an endless source of fascination for Goths, the only problem is it never ends!

Sorry I couldn't make it down to see you last weekend, but it was a long way for me for a short meeting.

the boots have a 4 1/2 Inch heel they are very comfertable only is that i could wear them out side on a regular basis.

Do you mean "...only wish..." Kay. Otherwise I can't understand your post.

Hello Nigel and Firefox! Having been on meets with you both separately but not together, it's great that you've got chatting on this thread, and are talking about future meet(s)! Nigel, keep your eye on the "Real Life Meetings" section for future news on proposed UK Heel-Meets during 2004. We might have one in Bristol! Regards to your family, and happy heeling! Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I see this has been a fast growing thread. Well, I, too, usually wear ankle boots with heels. I mainly was mulling things over in my mind in regards to the others. It would be good to have more of a style choice.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

daz made a very good point earlier in this thread about a large young lady breaking her stilletos,for this reason practicality kicks in with the public wear,so its block heels everyday at the moment,occasionally blades,thanks to the encouragement of firefox am now wearing heels daily,have not worn a pair of "mens" shoes since january 2nd,have two pairs of "work boots" now (both from evans),black leather,one with 1 1/2" heels,one with 2 1/2" heels,seem to go well with my uniform!!! higher heels appear off duty,what i would really like to do but haven't got the bottle yet is to go to work in my new 4" blade heel knee high boots!!! hello to you all after a period of absence due to personal problems,thanks for your continued support & encouragement :D:(

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

further to last post,try wearing higher heels for a twelve hour shift,tried once at pewsey last year (see wearing heels at work thread),my poor pinkies afterwards!!!

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Since I'm a bit more confident with wearing a skirt, I'll wear anything with some kind of heel on it. How high? Doesn't matter, but higher is better. Now that may toes are looking better, I'll definitely be looking into some heeled sandals for the summer. (looks like I'll have to take up shaving). Shorts with those sandals?! Count on it.

i would wear my white 6 inch spike heels with shorts all summer if i had the nerve. i did have the nerve just one day last summer. there was a street festival downtown and i wore my double buckle beauties from frederick's of hollywood, with a pair of really short Guess jean shorts and a white, Andy Warhol print t shirt featuring Marilyn Monroe. i was in the company of lady friend and we had a good time down there. i lasted 3 hours in my heels before my feet were absolutely killing me. but it was worth it. it was a look i've always wanted to wear in public, down a crowded city street. the spirit of the festival and the encouragement from my wife and her friend gave me the confidence to pull that one off. but. i wish i had the nerve to wear the same outfit and shoes with or without a festival and company.

• 2 weeks later...

What I have the nerve to wear and what I would like to wear are, unfortunately two differnet things. I have worn my 4"ankle and 4" knee length boots out bu only under boot fit jeans. When I first discovered that you could buy high heels in size 10 (UK) I was younger and occasionally had to travel for work and then I had the nerve to wear my first pair of 5" stilettoes. What a great feeling that was! I've had few looks but never any comments although I would love some woman to comment so that I could say, "I wear them becaus eI like them and they make me feel great". Working as I do with ex-forces people I can't wear them to work but when I'm the last in the office out they come. Ideally I would like to wear whatever takes my fancy that day. One of the best eveings I had was when the dragon and I walked around our village both in heels. Wondeful.

The 'Dragon' is she who must be obeyed in all things but whom I would not part with as slowly but surely we are reaching an accommodation about my differences. In other threads I have seen posts about accommodation and the lack of it and conclude that whilst my own journey has had quite a few potholes along the way one must always try to look both ways. Push the boudaries and expand the envelope

There are so many different styles of pumps, wedges, sandals, slides, mules and loafers with 2" heels you should have no problem shoes for wearing in public for any occasion. Look around, buy a pair and wear them. I'm sure you won't have any difficulty.

For example: Here is a picture of a pair of Bandolino loafers with 3" heels that you should be able to wear in public without fear of ridicule

Posted Image

Posted Image

Or this style, Bandilono loafers with 2" heel. I've several pair of this style and wear them everywhere without problems.

Posted Image

Or, this one:

Posted Image

While all these styles are almost gender neuteral, they are women's shoes and I believe you can "get away with" wearing any of them in public without difficulty. The biggest problem you've got to overcome is your own fear. The first time in public wearing women's shoes you imagin everyone notices them. But they don't. And, that feeling subsides with experience.

(Note: I found these shoes for sale on eBay. I don't advocate your bidding on them I don't know what size you wear. I just wanted to show you examples of what I am talking about.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi, for me it would be the thrill of being different or perhaps caught with my hand in the cookie jar!

If we all could wear what we wanted, and did not fear being different to the norm, then maybee we would all look the same, take the classic Goth for instance, dressed in such a way to be individual, but they all look the same!

where is the fun in that?

Nigel

I'm not much into Goth, but I do like the black leather look. So much so, that a bit over a year ago my wife bought me a full-length (ankle) black leather double-breasted v-necked leather coat with belt.

Although it's a woman's coat per se', it really doesn't look it. Worn with normal guy clothes, there's no mistaken identity or hint of CD. Worn with heels, my hair down, a touch of makeup, and polished nails, however...

Let's just say I don't like the attention, which is why I wear normal guy clothes while wearing it.

But you know what? If I were really into wearing heels, I'd pick the top one over of the other two hands down (last post).

I bought a pair of these Vivian Loafers from www.womenshoesplus.com last week to wear in public. They are very comfortable and look and feel like men's shoes.

The problem is that they are more difficult to drive in then a pair of 4" stiletto courts. The 3" block heel makes it difficult to depress the clutch fully and there's not much room between the transmission tunnel and the clutch peddle.

I was surprised to find that I have to use a completely different technique to walk in them. I seems strange not being able to pivot on the heels and angle these shoes when walking. I have never owned a pair of 3" block heels before, they seem very strange after the instability of stilettos.

Posted Image

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"