What kind of heels would you like to wear in public??

DandyDude

I've been a bit net-reclusive for awhile, so forgive me if I bring up past topics. I do think this thread is from a different tangent than a recent thread that appears to be similar. What I am referring to in this topic is not what you DO wear in public, but what you would wear if you could wear what you want without fear. Also, what you would wear if you could find the proper size, for those who have that trouble as I do. I have trouble with regular, ugly "men's" shoes as it is. Wearing a men's USA 13(women's 15) is not easy. Plus, my feet are a bit narrow. Something I would like to find, but unfortunately seems to be going out, are pointy-toe court stilettos with the low-cut sides and an instep/ankle strap. I think they would look great with a dark suit. As I've noticed others say, the easiest things to find in larger sizes are those fetische heels, which cater to the TG crowd, of which I do not consider myself part of. I'm not particularly fond of the styling, plus my feet are a bit narrow for them anyway. Rather, I'm more like FireFox in considering shoes to be part of a total outfit that does not have to appear as what would be called "drag". In other words, I prefer the same styles that women usually wear, the stylish ones. I love Italian styling, and would like to have some heels that go with my dark velvet suits, something other than the usual ugly shoes that resemble police or military wear. You know, those hideous black barges.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to wear may "avatars" a pair of (womens) low rise PVC pants and an Iron Maiden "Number Of The Beast" T-shirt but I haven't seen any other guy in heels EVER, so the time isn't right yet so it'll be awhile before I wear that "putfit in public :D later, TXT-1

theres loads of styles id like to wear. my choice on this would be as a woman would answer, and that i would prefer all the styles available to suit whatever i fancied for the day. sandals or wedges for the summer, boots with block or stilettos, or slingbacks for work general out, any style that took my fancy, boots, wedges, platforms even i dont mind clubbing, something high and extreme, maybe like txt's platforms or some 5.5in metal stilettos (with practice:) ) i wouldnt like to be limiting myself at all. A girl at our work recently broke a heel (because she is a bit overweight and wears stilettos and was rocking on them - hate when bigger women wear stilettos doesnt look right) she was talking of having to buy new shoes. I said why dont you just buy some flat shoes, to which she replied 'get stuffed, flat shoes are horrible'. I swiftly replied with 'imagine how men feel then' and left her with something to think about daz

Hi, The types of heels I would "like" to wear in public are the same type that I "do" wear in public - sandals with 2 to 3 inch heels, preferably thongs. As said in an earlier post, men's shoes are so ugly. I like the look and feel of womens heels. Can't wait for summer to get here!! Too bad more guys don't wear heels out, I sometimes feel like I am the only one !! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I do wear a pair like these at the beach in the summer with shorts and a T-shirt. They are casual, cool and comfortable. Only once, while at a shoe store with my wife, has anyone ever commented on them. A young woman shoe clerk in the store said with a smile, after looking at them, that if I wanted to try any slides or sandals just ask.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I would like to wear stilletto's in public. Pumps and boots, but all at least with a 5" stilletto heel... and I would wear them all the time, except for when the surface isn't suitable, like when we are offroading with the Land Rover or walking/training the dogs :D I would also like to wear a skirt from time to time... Best wishes, hhs

Stiletto boots for me. Mind you, if we were able to wear them then many men would and I think that that would take away some of the fun!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually, I have all the heels I need (about 5 pair). I wear them mainly because of a bad left ankle, and flats hurt! After a year of wearing them at home and grimacing in public, my wife finally talked me into wearing them after hours, out in public.

To answer your question, they're not really a wish list, either, as I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them in public. They're more like a "look at these classic and elegant styles, and if I were a big heel wearer, this is what I would wear" list.

Well I've got a pair of platform boots with a block heel, 5 inch heel 1 3/4 inch platform, which are perfect because they make no noise on concrete. I could wear my normal heels but they do make alot of noise...which is a problem

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

I have similar ideas to PAULA,but i'd also love to try out my purple suede thigh boots,they have a 4.5inch heel and are so comfortable! Still i'm getting more confident as time goes on.Hope someone has a fancy dress party! But i'm not sure my wife would go for it,she'd probably shoot me!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

What would I like to wear? What ever suited my clothes & the weather thay day. I expect ankle/ knee boots with jeans, dare I say this maybe the ahem flat mary-jane style shoes with a round to with shorts. Not really sure what strappy shoes would suit, probably a suit. If they're heeled though - 4 -4.5 inches narrow blade or stiletto (the ones where the heel runs down the back rather than curves in) would be my preference.

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

I would love to wear nice open HH sandals in summer. Closed men's shoes are such a drag in summer and men's sandals usually are UGLY. For boots, I would love to wear exposed stilleto heels. While I will probably never get to wear HH sandals in public I will probably get to the exposed stilleto boots someday. I have been experimneting with thinner and thinner heels.

Are you serious Gene? I think every one of those sandals is extraordinarily ugly. Each of the would eminently qualify for the "Worst Shoe" thread which I started! Just my personal opinion, of course. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I dunno - I've got a pair of both the 107s and 207s. Fit me great and very comfortable for summer wear, even one model is only "marketed" to the female side of the house. Sorry they don't have heels, folks. Hopefully one day all women's shoes in all degrees of heel heights will be available in sizes between 8 and 15 (or so). And thank you, Firefox, for your endorsement!

Hmm, not for me. If I'm going to wear ladies' they have to have heels, and if I'm going to wear mens I'll stick with my trusty go-anywhere all-terrain sports ones.

I liked a few of the pairs Gene posted orginally though.

Chris

Yes, I'd prefer something with a heel - very little comfort factor without it.

Nevertheless, if I must wear flats from time to time, these are a very comfortable and inexpensive way to go!

- Gene'