Scale Of Confidence

SleekHeels

Scale of Confidence  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you place yourself on a scale of confidence wearing heels in public?

• 1. I totally fear people ridiculing me and need widespread approval before I'd even consider wearing heels in public.
    • 2. I cautiously venture out with great trepidation.
    • 3. My fear and confidence pretty much balance each other out.
    • 4. I wear my heels confidently but it does matter to me what people think.
    • 5. Other peoples feelings are totally irrelevant.

No I'm sure it won't be 10 years. Mainly I'm struggling to find decent outfits. I've been saying I want to look like "a guy who wears heels" and not "a guy wearing heels." If you guys get my meaning. I dunno why I'm struggling to make shoes work, where boots just seem to come so natural. It's probably just all in my head, I just need to get over it.

Nah, it's not just you.  There is definitely something about wearing boots that somehow seems more "manly."  I find it fairly easy, psychologically, to wear my absurdly high Calvin Klein boots (well over 5", with thinner, but not stiletto, heels) anywhere I want, but more delicate shoes, and especially sandals, make me hesitate a little bit more.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. And my friends (who are more than fine with my heel wearing, it's not even an issue) who tell me it's weird that I can wear boots no problem, but have trouble with shoes. They say, in their perspective I'm already doing something out of the norm, boots or shoes, it doesn't make a difference to someone on the outside looking in. To put it another way ppl aren't "more shocked" I'm wearing high heel SHOES as oppose to high heels BOOTS.

It's quite understandable really and it seems far more to do with how much of the foot is exposed with a low-cut vamp and nothing to do with the height of the heel. Thinking back I chose boots when I first started wearing my heels in public. Even with flats I found it easy to wear lace-up styles but felt more self-conscious wearing ballet-style pumps, especially barefoot. Would you feel more comfortable with say a black pair of court heels worn with black opaque tights? Maybe you could take advantage of that now it's winter, and build up towards tan tights in the spring and barefoot by the summer. Another option might be to start with something like loafer-style heels since these have a masculine twist to them.

If you like it, wear it.