Guildford Symphony Orchestra

xaphod

I will be going to their performance on Sunday 16th March at 7:30 pm. The programme is:- Mahler .... Symphony #1 Strauss .... Don Juan Delius .... LaCalinda There are usually a few seats unsold on the night, but if anyone wants me to book, drop me a private message.

I can probably make that. The 16th is this weekend? I have to check though, as I never know what I am doing, I am so disorganised! Someone will probably ring me on Wed and remind me I am supposed to be going round their place or out for a drink or something!

I went to sleep during the piano concerto. The Mahler was very good espec the 3rd and 4th movements.

The girl in front was fascinated, though not by the music. She was about 12 but wearing sparkly trousers and about 3 1/2" black sandals with chunky heels, and on her "best" behaviour for a night out.

I reckoned she fancied my 4 3/4" cone heel stiletto boots from shellys. Because of the raised seating they were about her eye level, and her attention was devided between the stage and furtive glances over her shoulder :smile:

Hope I've given her some ideas of what to aspire to in a few years time...

Here's a pic of my boots and of the concert hall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-17 03:32 ]</font>

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes - so will I! I'm looking foward to the golf (with Firefox) and the concert (with Xaphod and Firefox). No one else interested in the golf and the concert? Or maybe just one or the other? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 3 weeks later...

REPORT: A most enjoyable meeting-up with moderators Firefox and Xaphod again. The three of us attended a most pleasant concert by the Guildford Symphony Orchestra (Firefox and I in our 4" Faith "Skyes" and Xaphod in his 5" Western Ranch boots), preceded by Firefox and I playing a very exhiliarating 18 holes of golf at Hurtmore, and anticeded the following day by Xaphod and I visiting "Nine to Elleven" Shoes (Xaphod in his 5" Fuss Courts and me in my 5" stiletto Ernest bootees) where I purchased two further pairs of heels. However, heel-wise the Guildford symphony concert was a washout. The three of us were wearing the only three pairs of decent heels in the entire place! All the ladies in the orchestra didn't support one exciting pair of heels between the lot of them, ghastly frumpy flats being greatly in evidence and the yound oboist being the only musician in heels over 2". The earnest-looking ladies in the audience were also a dead loss. Nice concert though - including the world premier of a piano concerto by Rand and a spirited rendition of Dvorak's New World Symphony. At Nine-to-Elleven (Tallgirls), the salewoman Jackie was very friendly, helpful and attentive and admired the 5" stilettos in which I turned up. I bought a pair of boots with lower (but their highest) heels and a pair of their "High heeled loafers" - a perfect size 10 UK fit for me and very comfortable. Jacky told us that they get a lot of guys in there buying heels for themselves, sometimes for TV stuff, but mainly just to wear the heeled shoes in "boy mode". She gasped when Xaphod showed her his 5" Fuss courts, saying how lucky he was to have feet capable of managing a much higher heel than she could cope with. Altogether a most enjoyable couple of days. I look forward to attending more Heel-Meets from the summer 2004 onwards - watch for details! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!