Highest Heel On Motorcycle

blueparrot

I rode a motorcycle for years, then sold it three years ago.  I just bought a new one and this time the bike is pretty far off the ground.  I rode it last weekend wearing two different pairs of boots, both around 3" heel height.  I was at my other home in neighboring state so didn't have my whole collection there.  I'll be bringing the bike here right after Christmas.  The heels on both those boots I tried are block style (all my heels are stacked or block style).  Anyway, since I also have some 4" and even a pair of 5" block heel boots I am curious if anyone else has tried riding a motorcycle in heels and if so how high?  4" is the highest I did with the old bike but it had forward controls, the new one has normal mid controls. 

• Like 1

I rode a motorcycle for years, then sold it three years ago.  I just bought a new one and this time the bike is pretty far off the ground.  I rode it last weekend wearing two different pairs of boots, both around 3" heel height.  I was at my other home in neighboring state so didn't have my whole collection there.  I'll be bringing the bike here right after Christmas.  The heels on both those boots I tried are block style (all my heels are stacked or block style).  Anyway, since I also have some 4" and even a pair of 5" block heel boots I am curious if anyone else has tried riding a motorcycle in heels and if so how high?  4" is the highest I did with the old bike but it had forward controls, the new one has normal mid controls. 

I do

My favorite pair to ride in has a fairly narrom block heel. Unfortunately, it's a white plastic with the appearance of a stacked heel so all the wear on the heel shows white spots / rubbing marks. I've worn a few different pairs of boots, always with the jeans over them. Not to sure about exact height, but around 3 to 4 inches.

Sometime in the future, I'll finish up a rebuild of a CB750 cafe racer style with a rear set. I'm mentally designing the rear set  for use with high heeled boots in mind.

I have one pair of stacked heeled boots in black. I keep a black permanent marker handy to cover up the rub marks on the heels.

I once saw a girl dressed head to toe in red with a pair of knee length stilettos of around 4.5".

I to have seen a female in London riding a motor bike in a leather catsuit and leather thigh boots with 4.5" heels, not to sure how safe that is though/

You guys riding in heels are more brave than I! I'm an avid motorcyclist, but I'd be very reluctant to ride in heels. Well, maybe if I could find a pair of boots with no platform and a mid-height heel, around 3 to 4", I'd give it a try.

Regards, Logjam

A long time ago I saw an old lady must have been in her 60's driving, DRIVING one of those big gold wing type bikes with red 4 inch Pumps. 25 year's and I still remember her. I see some Harley chics driving bikes with heels on. Usually boots

You guys riding in heels are more brave than I! I'm an avid motorcyclist, but I'd be very reluctant to ride in heels. Well, maybe if I could find a pair of boots with no platform and a mid-height heel, around 3 to 4", I'd give it a try.

Regards, Logjam

Biggest problems I have is wear on the inside edge of the heel and rubbing the finish off the shifter toe. Otherwise, for some of us shorter legged folks, it has some advantages. My bike is small compared to almost everyone around me. 99% of the bikes locally are big Harleys. Most sport bikes are too tall for me if I'm wearinga flat workboot, but a heel makes some possible.

Riding a motorcycle in heels brings back some long lost memories, started with a James 225 went on to a BSA C15 250 and finished up on a Triumph 100ss 500 twin, must admit in them days I always wore a helmet while wearing ladies shoes so folks could not tell I was a male. Helmets were not compulsory until much later here in the UK. Normally I never wore one unless it was raining. This was around 1967-68. Last bike I rode was a Suzuki 750 two stroke triple nearly tore my arms out of the sockets. Tell a lie it was my daughters 50cc scooter but that is not a bike is it.

life is not a rehearsal

I would stick to heels under 4" for the sake of safety.  Rugged boots preferably and comfortable/solid to walk in.  Just my suggestion, something similar to the first two pictures would my personal choice

I definitely would NOT wear something similar to the 3rd picture, even if it would seem fun to some of the folks around here, it would be dangerous as hell. :)

post-2375-0-75695000-1386620903_thumb.jp

post-2375-0-82530900-1386620904_thumb.jp

post-2375-0-73845300-1386620905_thumb.jp

I would stick to heels under 4" for the sake of safety.  Rugged boots preferably and comfortable/solid to walk in.  Just my suggestion, something similar to the first two pictures would my personal choice

I definitely would NOT wear something similar to the 3rd picture, even if it would seem fun to some of the folks around here, it would be dangerous as hell. :)

Not a Harley owner, and in some cases, not much of a fan - - may be because of the attitude of most Harley owners I know.

I do stop in the shops looking for a pair of boots like the ones you mentioned. Hard to find any like that in these parts.

I'd order in but I tend to like to "try before I buy" so I keep searching.

Those first two pictures are the type of heels I have, I don't have any of the "skinny" variety. Some are even chunkier than that.  I still would like to try the 5" Frye harness boots at least once, on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

• 1 month later...

they wont be dangerous if you ride a twist and go where both brakes are on the handlebars.  you only use your feet to stop you falling over at rest.

on the other hand you would look like a right dork riding a bike wearing a pair of 8 inch heels

Here in Hanoi, Vietnam, you can see women wearing heels of all heights riding motorbikes all day, every day. Although "real" motorcycles are rare here (government regulations make them very expensive to own), most people get around on a motorbike of about 150cc. There are two basic styles. There is the regular motorbike, which generally has footpegs, a semi-automatic transmission (4 speed you have to shift, but with a centrifugal clutch), and a right foot operated rear brake. Then there is the "automatic," which I would call a scooter. Kev just called it a "twist and go," and that's an apt description. Floorboards, hand operated brakes, no shifting, no clutch. Pretty much all the "hotgirls," as they call them here, usually wearing 10cm/4 inch heels or higher, ride automatics. Or have rich boyfriends who can afford a car, but that's off topic.

But it's not just the "hotgirls." It's not unusual to see a wife and mother, wearing 5 inch heels (though usually more like 2 - 3 inch), at the helm of the motorbike, husband in back, and one or two children sitting in between them, on their way to work, school, or wherever their daily life takes them. It's also very common to see a woman riding a bicycle in high heels here, which is something I personally refuse to to back home, because in the U.S. environment, it just looks too weird.

Unfortunately, the boys don't get to share in the fun, not even the "hotboys."  Elevator shoes are very popular here, but nothing with an obvious heel of more than about 3-4 cm. As I've said elsewhere, my wife does not allow me to wear my heels here, as it would be truly shocking to most people. The places I stay, my blond hair and blue eyes are shocking enough, I guess. My wife also hates it that I tend to talk to people at stoplights when riding a motorbike. That's just not done here. I kind of enjoy it. 95% of the time, I get smiles.

Any idea where I can find the prefered boots. Haven't seen any like those around here.

Any idea where I can find the prefered boots. Haven't seen any like those around here.

I saw those in the picture at 6pm.com.  Otherwise it would probably be best to order some from Miguel Jones, just remember he makes them too large.  I would recommend Vibram or at least synthetic soles.  Leather soles can be slippery (I almost dropped my bike in the parking lot wearing Frye's with leather soles)  I have some 4" from Miguel and they are pretty good at least on my BMW F800 GS.  He makes them 5" too but I have no experience with those, might be too high.  My bike is so high I could probably wear those too.  Hey my wife wore shoes like the third picture Sunday, but she was on the passenger seat and wasn't shifting gears!

• 4 weeks later...

I wore the 4" heel OTK cowboy boots today on the BMW.  It's a bit different shifting but I just have to be a bit careful in parking spaces so I don't slip.  Fortunately the heels have rubber on the bottom.  I still haven't tried the 5" Frye's yet (the lower heel campus ones I have worn quite a few times), have to build up courage to.  My bike is so tall that heels actually make it easier to keep feet on the ground when stopped. 

• Like 1