How To Make Ultra High Heels Easier To Walk In?

jugganut

Hi all, first time poster. I recently bought my girlfriend a pair of very high heels that she absolutely loves, but she is having trouble walking in them. They are a size too big and her feet slide too far into the base shoe, leaving a gap in the heel area. They are custom order and would take a long time to ship back and get a second pair. Are there any tips to "make" them easier to walk in? I was thinking of adding something to the bottom of the shoe (not sure what) to make the platform a few mm higher, adding something inside the sole of the shoe to make the platform a little higher/softer, etc. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

I agree with Dr. Shoe. I had a pair of pumps a while back, and they were a bit too big, unfortunately, the next size down was too small, so I found a foam insole that took up the extra room and they fit much better. I'd try this and see if it helps.

HHLover

I see most woman buy shoes that are too big. My wife included. We have had arguments over it. Then after a few months when the shoes stretch she tells me I was right. Woman buy shoes foe how they fit in the store or they buy them bigger if they want to wear socks

• 1 year later...

Always go a half size smaller. I would normally be a size 7 but in super high heels I often go 6.5 as my toes slide and a size 7 often leaves my ankles slipping in and out. Nothing more dangerous than falling out of your shoe on stairs or in a crowd.