Dr. Who 50Th Anniversary Show

Enjoyed watching the Dr. Who 50th Anniversary show this past Saturday.  Watched it at 1:50pm in the afternoon, Central Time (USA). I just realized that this episode was a global simulcast throughout the globe.  It was viewed by millions, and was an episode of epic proportions.  Did anybody else watch the episode on Saturday? Any thoughts about the show?

My one thought was that I started watching the show during the Tom Baker years (4th Doctor) and I admired several companions and characters with their high heel boots during the 70s and 80s.  If I were a companion of The Doctor, I would be traveling through time and space in my high heel boots.

I thought it was slightly disappointing to be honest. I thought there'd be a little bit more to it. I did chuckle at the line about replacing the batteries in the ravens.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I must agree Dr Shoe. I found it a little difficult to follow in places. I used to watch the show religiously but dropped off as I found some of the later doctors not to my taste for the role. Have to agree with Kittyinboots about the choice of clothing the 'assistants' wear. I also recall the days of Tom Baker and seem to remember that at one time his 'assistant' Who may have been called Leila or Laila (and was in real life The girlfriend of Tom Baker) giving him a fashion show after discovering a wardrobe full of clothes in the TARDIS. It might be nice if the new girls rediscovered this wardrobe. On a final point, does anyone out there recall what the initials of the TARDIS stand for?

I will have to admit that this episode was hard to follow.  After watching it a second time with captions turned on, I was able to understand what was going on.  Some of my favorite moments during the show was my favorite quote by David Tennant (10th Doctor), "I don't want to go.",  and a surprise appearance by Tom Baker as the curator at the end of the episode.  

Enjoyed watching the Dr. Who 50th Anniversary show this past Saturday.  Watched it at 1:50pm in the afternoon, Central Time (USA). I just realized that this episode was a global simulcast throughout the globe.  It was viewed by millions, and was an episode of epic proportions.  Did anybody else watch the episode on Saturday? Any thoughts about the show?

My one thought was that I started watching the show during the Tom Baker years (4th Doctor) and I admired several companions and characters with their high heel boots during the 70s and 80s.  If I were a companion of The Doctor, I would be traveling through time and space in my high heel boots.

Oh, yes. The first Romana (the late Mary Tamm) was almost always in high heel boots. Beautiful woman, and a tragic loss.

TBH, I was disappointed because I was able to follow it. Perhaps I missed something or I'm finding that these episodes are getting too predictable?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think you will find that the picture of 'Clara' shown here is not 'real'. It a photoshopped effort with her face put onto another body. The same picture appears on 'Slicknshiny, where it admits this.

I recently read that the playing of a new role required Karen to shave her head and she is now as bald as a billiard ball.

Yes, that's correct. There are photos of her shaved on the internet. Easy to find.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, that's correct. There are photos of her shaved on the internet. Easy to find.

Unfortunately yes. Saw one recently and I had to cry. Women with short hair/skrillex haircuts/bald are a MAJOR turnoff for me and seeing Karen Gillan like that was heartbreaking. It really is true what they say, what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

No opinions on the Christmas special? I thought it was really touching that in his final moment Eleven saw Amelia Pond again. Not River Song but Amelia. That was apparently what his dying/regenerating mind wanted to see again. 

Unfortunately yes. Saw one recently and I had to cry. Women with short hair/skrillex haircuts/bald are a MAJOR turnoff for me and seeing Karen Gillan like that was heartbreaking. It really is true what they say, what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

No opinions on the Christmas special? I thought it was really touching that in his final moment Eleven saw Amelia Pond again. Not River Song but Amelia. That was apparently what his dying/regenerating mind wanted to see again. 

Was fortunate to see this Christmas episode online, through Xfinity/Comcast,  I thought that this regeneration happened too quickly.  Not fond of goodbyes, but always looking forward to new beginnings.  I liked that line where 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi, asked "Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?"

• 3 months later...

Time of The Doctor to me was just not up to all the hype. It was just too much packed into a single episode. Day of The Doctor, however, was BRILLIANT!! Loved it thoroughly!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 5 weeks later...

I started watching the show during the Tom Baker days. How's this for being a fan?

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Thanks for telling me about it!  I am in my forties now, and I am just getting started with DOCTOR WHO .  From what I have read about DR. WHO , it almost seems as good as STAR TREK .  Hopefully, I can find more books and videos of DW here on the Internet...

:headphones:   :cowboy:     Come and visit our Youtube Channel now!    :cowboy:    :headphones: