Now On The Wild Side

Indeed.  Some years ago the BBC made this to advertise their various radio services.  It was later released as a single for the Children in Need charity, an annual telethon.  It became a bit ubiquitous, and not a patch on the original, but it was interesting how many famous musicians they got to sing on it.  Some of our American friends may not know it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2JXy1Z9ovs

When I was a teen, I liked 'ol Reed's song, Take a Walk on the Wild Side.  Maybe, subconsciously, that is what got me to eventually wear high heels in public!  With confidence of course!!  Thanks Lou....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Like most recording artists, not everyone was a fan. I neither liked nor disliked his stuff. But, he made his contributions regardless of my feelings.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The only song I liked was Sweet Jane, and Under Pressure.  I know Under Pressure is a Bowie song, but I think Reed and Bowie are the same person - ever seen 'em together in the same place??  Hmmmm?  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 4 weeks later...

When I was a teen, I liked 'ol Reed's song, Take a Walk on the Wild Side.  Maybe, subconsciously, that is what got me to eventually wear high heels in public!  With confidence of course!!  Thanks Lou....   sf

Two Saturdays ago, I revisited Safe House Exhibitions Leisure Club, in Chicago, where our last Chicago/North America heel meet was.Great place to go heeling and stop for a few drinks. They were paying tribute to Lou Reed by playing Take A Walk On The Wild Side.   I wore my new to me black high heel boots and much like Lou Reed, I felt like "taking a walk on the wild side".