Prime Example Of Fashion Inequality Between Sexes

SandalFan

Trend Alert for Women:  Menswear heels at Payless.  Wow:

http://www.payless.com/store/catalog/subsubcategory.jsp?trail=1016%3Acat440042&subCatId=cat440042&catId=cat10088&pageSize=80&icid=women_slot3

I dare them to add a womenswear line to the mens section.  :P

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

the fashion people are a joke, always have been, I rather make my own way of what I like to wear, and how it should look on me, I had a male friend who was a student in fashion. and he told me that the fashion world is sexist to males.

"I had a male friend who was a student in fashion. and he told me that the fashion world is sexist to males".

What did he mean by that?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, up here in canada, there are only 2 mens stores in the mall and like 100 women's stores. No wonder why some men shop in the women's section. Although I'm living full-time as a girl, there is no shame in guys wearing clothes that are women's. Women wear mens all the time, its beyond me why they would. Menswear is what it is! Just generic clothes that men wear. I think that mens fashion is just more expensize versions of menswear. Designers really have to step up to the plate, ans design clothes that men can wear and actually not look like a slob. For what its worth, if I never decided to transition, I would still wear womens clothes. The fit, feel, and variety are just so much better to wear and to look at.

There are plenty of men's clothes that make men look smart.

Kev refuses to wear jeans and doesn't own a pair of trainers (sneakers). He always looks smart in his chinos, brogues, polo neck sweater and courderoy jacket.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

[...] He always looks smart in his chinos, brogues, polo neck sweater and courderoy jacket.

... none of which are revolutionary in design. Sorry for starting off my post this way. I do have a book on "dressing like a Gentleman", which basically describes all of the pieces you just mentioned. They have been around for 50 - 100 years, and they are the "classic" items of menswear.

LIke they say: To break the rules, you first need to understand them. I do own the formal tuxedo, several suits, the classic twill trench coat in black and beige, the business-oriented black and brown oxford shoes, chinos... you name it.

I know how to obey the rules and dress "smart", to dress "important" (i.e. "I am the boss here"), or dress casual. Although fashion for men has improved over the years (more variety, narrower, more form fitting cuts), it still is miles away from the variety you see in womenswear.

On Friday I bought 3 new suits as I will be starting a new job in January. I mailed photos of the suits to my parents, to which they replied "don't you already own similar suits?". Well... given the extraordinary variety of colors and cuts (black, gray, brown, blue, and versions with stripes of these colors) in the mens department, you always end up with "similar" suits...

For me, menswear is very boring. I still appreciate exquisite tailoring in a fine mens suit, but nonetheless I also like to wear skinny jeans with knee-high boots, palazzo pants with heels, skirts, longer than usual sweaters in all colors and unusual cuts, or blazers/jackets/coats that are shape-fitting and that you would never find in the men's section.

This will definitely no longer look "smart" in the traditional sense of my gentleman's book, but it is like a fresh breeze of air to me, like being able to step out of the narrow confinements that are set by society.

If women nowadays dress "smart", they often wear pants, especially in business settings. Good for every woman on this planet that some women did feel the urge to break free from skirts and dresses and put on pants despite society ridiculing them...

I dunno what to say about those ' shoes '. Fugly? Horrid? Halloween is this week and those things are scary..

They're not my cup of tea either.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've looked at them, and for some reason, they just don't interest me at all. I thought they might be a way to look like a guy when who has on a somewhat traditional shoe and still have heels on, but they just look - - - - weird??

If we have to wait for "menswear" in the womens section or "womenswear" in the mens section before we'll dare to wear what we like, then that's not really fashion freedom at all. As far as I'm concerned there are stores that sell clothes and shoes that I like and if I can afford them I go and buy them, wear them and enjoy them. When I buy heels I often ask the checkout assistant "You don't mind us boys joining in the fun, do you?" and that invariably breaks the ice for a positive, even enthusiastic, response.

The only justification for "heels for men" that I can think of is that of sizing, otherwise they're really just heels for anybody and, as I may have said before, the main benefit of having a men's section is that it's a place with all the ugly shoes that can be conveniently ignored.

If you like it, wear it.

The only justification for "heels for men" that I can think of is that of sizing, otherwise they're really just heels for anybody and, as I may have said before, the main benefit of having a men's section is that it's a place with all the ugly shoes that can be conveniently ignored.

F-N-A! ' Heels for anybody ' is the most real way to put it!

Like that post!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Trend Alert for Women:  Menswear heels at Payless.  Wow:

http://www.payless.com/store/catalog/subsubcategory.jsp?trail=1016%3Acat440042&subCatId=cat440042&catId=cat10088&pageSize=80&icid=women_slot3

I dare them to add a womenswear line to the mens section.  :P

Those menswear heels really remind of the kind of shoes elderly women wear who still wear some kind of heels. Not exactly a look I would like to emulate if was a young and smart woman. 

... none of which are revolutionary in design. Sorry for starting off my post this way. I do have a book on "dressing like a Gentleman", which basically describes all of the pieces you just mentioned. They have been around for 50 - 100 years, and they are the "classic" items of menswear.

LIke they say: To break the rules, you first need to understand them. I do own the formal tuxedo, several suits, the classic twill trench coat in black and beige, the business-oriented black and brown oxford shoes, chinos... you name it.

I know how to obey the rules and dress "smart", to dress "important" (i.e. "I am the boss here"), or dress casual. Although fashion for men has improved over the years (more variety, narrower, more form fitting cuts), it still is miles away from the variety you see in womenswear.

On Friday I bought 3 new suits as I will be starting a new job in January. I mailed photos of the suits to my parents, to which they replied "don't you already own similar suits?". Well... given the extraordinary variety of colors and cuts (black, gray, brown, blue, and versions with stripes of these colors) in the mens department, you always end up with "similar" suits...

For me, menswear is very boring. I still appreciate exquisite tailoring in a fine mens suit, but nonetheless I also like to wear skinny jeans with knee-high boots, palazzo pants with heels, skirts, longer than usual sweaters in all colors and unusual cuts, or blazers/jackets/coats that are shape-fitting and that you would never find in the men's section.

This will definitely no longer look "smart" in the traditional sense of my gentleman's book, but it is like a fresh breeze of air to me, like being able to step out of the narrow confinements that are set by society.

If women nowadays dress "smart", they often wear pants, especially in business settings. Good for every woman on this planet that some women did feel the urge to break free from skirts and dresses and put on pants despite society ridiculing them...

Oh yes, I do agree but Pumpcat said that's men's styles made them look like slobs and I'm saying that many male styles look smart.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I tried a pair of the Jetson by Fioni and a similar pair of Javilin by American Eagle during my stops.  They are not much to look at as far as a feminine look but they are heels.  The Jetson seemed to be just a little better fit than the Javelin.  If I ever was to see these at a good clearance price - I would consider them.  I do believe one could go "stealth" with a long pair of pants.  The only other thing was the thickness of the sole was not the same as a men's shoe. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.