High-Heels "comical"?

SleekHeels

A comment about heels in a recent newspaper article:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/what-would-donna-tartt-do-8883817.html  

If you find high heels painful

Just don’t wear them. Tartt says: “Even now I feel a real funniness about women’s costume. To really put on high heels and a frilly dress, do you know what I’m saying? It seems kind of … comical.”

If you like it, wear it.

Nor me.

Just someone trying to make out that a woman dressing like a man is cool. The reality (as most will agree) is that the only women who dress like men are either lesbians or chavs.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Nor me.

Just someone trying to make out that a woman dressing like a man is cool. The reality (as most will agree) is that the only women who dress like men are either lesbians or chavs.

I was going to make a similar remark. 

Yeah, and men who wear heels are gay or just perverts.

If the heels fit; wear them ;)

The problem is that it IS a one way street. 

Juat as "lesbian" does not seem to carry the same negative connotation as "gay" or "pervert" does for the male. 

Look at the term "Menswear" for some feminine styles - there is no "Womanswear" as an acceptable description for any male style.  One is considered totally acceptable while the other is non-existent.   JMHO

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I agree it's just an obscure comment, but it was about heels, and I thought it was interesting that it's not just guys in heels who are having to deal with being seen as "comical", women in heels are potentially perceived that way too, such is society's apparent obsession with masculinity and dismissal of femininity.

I also thought it was interesting that some people might call her overtly masculine style "comical" and associate it with particular social stereotypes, which is exactly the kind of prejudice that guys in heels tend to complain about.

If you like it, wear it.

I agree with the article's formulation "If you find high heels painful, just don’t wear them".

No problem with that for me. There is no reason to wear painful things only for the sake of fashion.

Nevertheless, I am sure it could be improved such as

"If you find high heels painful, maybe you missed the confortable ones".

Nor me.

OMFG! I didnt know what a ' chav ' was..

1. chav
Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

ROFLMAO!!!!

2. chav
Derived from Chatham in Kent, this term can be applied loosely to every culture with a nasty, thieving element. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:  Chavs are completely Amoral, having never been subjected to right and wrong by their inattentive, uncaring and often absent parents.  Chavs are part Magpie, evidentially supported by their love of all things shiny, or as vaccuous, illiterate street-slang would say 'Bling'. They can be seen twokking from the Jewelry counter inArgos/Index.  Whatever their ethnic background, Chavs have a built-in affinity to hip-hop/R&B, even if they are inherently racist (see the Scottish). They see their life as glamorous and cool.  Chavs are for the most part, extremely stupid. However, some of them render a form of low cunning, which can be misinterpreted as intelligence. However this is false. A Chav has no desire to better themself through honest means nor learn anything outside of car modification.  All chavs think that they are nails. Again, this is false. Sitting in a beaten up nova smoking lamberts does not precipitate a healthy body. The irony being that a Chav owns mainly sportswear, yet will only break a sweat if running from the police. 

Chavs are incredibly fertile beasts, and are highly successful breeders. Where they come unstuck is having to look after the offspring which their 13 yr old drunken fumble produces. More often that not the child will crow to be a Chav, having received no more guidance on life than the parent.  Chavs have a fond love for cars, as well as a Vin Diesel fixation. Rather than buy a nice car to start with, a chav will spend all their dole and tax-free labouring cash on upgrading a 10 year old car with 200,000 miles on the clock. The end product will invariably be a luminous monstrosity with at least one serious collision to it's name.

3. Chav
Chav - Sub species of human  Commonly thought to be of inferior intellect, the Chavette surprises us with its cunning plan to avoid taking up a professional career and provide itself with free accommodation supplied by tax payers by spawning multi coloured mini chavs at a early stage in life, usually mid teens.  Clearly recognisable by their distinctive tribal Burberry they congregate in town centres and on street corners, Chavs have a reputation of being creative with public property and motor vehicles, building themselves Chaviots out of mechcano sets and strip lighting, and providing us with humorous banta written on toilet walls like ‘Shit’ and ‘Tasha woz ere’ in an attempt to relieve our boredom while urinating.  Their language is a basic form of English thus avoiding any words they cannot spell or pronounce, even to the extent of creating new words only they know the meaning of.  Hunting in large groups Chavs will single out the weakest, smallest prey and attack it without mercy avoiding any personal injury and insuring victory.  Chavs unfortunately don't yet fall into the category of rodent and in effect cannot be bludgeoned to death under the guise of pest control. Darn!-  I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you Chavs for the great contribution you’ve made to this country, you’ve made it what it what it is today – a shit hole.

Thanks Dr. Shoe for giving me a new term to use!

My thoughts on women whom wish to look like men.. More power to them. They arent my wife, I dont have to deal with them. Doesnt matter to me.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.