What Is Wrong With This Picture..

Im going to post some ' old ' pictures. I want to see if anyone can figure out what exactly is wrong with them. Ill give some clues out as it goes along.

In order to have clues given, you need to state what you believe your looking at.

First pic..

post-12379-0-95967200-1380908515_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Is it that they're parked on the British side of the road?

That might be, but I was wondering why it looked like there was water behind the one car. That gaurdrail around the back porch looks a bit odd too.

Looks like a windshield wiper on the back window of the car on the left, not sure if that was done back then, but the car in general just looks odd, can't quite put my finger on it.

Either that or as someone else hinted at - its the ramp leading up to the porch doesn't match up / align with the railing around the porch?  Yep, I think that must be it.

You are all VERY observant and I think your going to realize whats really ' wrong ' pretty quickly.

I offer a clue : " What are you looking at? "

Pic #2...

post-12379-0-75914000-1380927665_thumb.j

Im going to post some ' old ' pictures. I want to see if anyone can figure out what exactly is wrong with them. Ill give some clues out as it goes along.

In order to have clues given, you need to state what you believe your looking at.

First pic..

Is that a central a/c unit behind the house?  Wouldn't be that old then would it?

Hmm! The car on the far left looks like it has THREE headlamps.

It does have three headlamps.  It's a Tucker, and that is the original design.

Is that a central a/c unit behind the house?  Wouldn't be that old then would it?

It does have three headlamps.  It's a Tucker, and that is the original design.

They none of them have what I believe you call licence plates but we call number plates.

RonC mentions something here. He stated " Its a tucker ". Ask yourselves " How many people know what a Tucker is? and why? "  Think of the possibilities of what your are looking at in that second picture. How many Tuckers are in it?

Megan.. The second picture depicts storage of somekind. A lot of times in the U.S. when people put their vehicle away, they take the plates off of them. You *might* be onto something though. I know you dont own a car, but if you did... ( thats a clue for everyone right there! )

Another clue :

What exactly are all of you looking at in these pictures? What is right in front of us all yet we are so blind to it until someone tells us what it is and we say ' DUH! No kidding! ' Why is it, we can know something isnt right and yet we cant figure out specifically what it is? Morpheus once told Neo " Do you really believe thats air you are breathing.. in this place? ".

Sidenote:

Everyone that has commented has seen quite a few of the things I saw and it had me wondering ' Somethings not right '. I had the advantage of knowing classic cars and a background in restoring buildings, but RonC pointed out the cars and hhboots/heelster both hit on the buildings.. collectively, all of what I *initially* saw in these photos has been said here.

Another pic :

post-12379-0-86274300-1380939918_thumb.j

No, in the cold light of day I can see the shadows.  Hmm, a tucker is a sort of lacy bib, that's no help.  I thought you'd quoted a Greek myth that I didn't know.  It turns out it was the Matrix, but I've never seen that.  If I did own a car...?  I know.  None of the cars are covered in dents.

All 5 of the cars parked in the warehouse are Tucker autos. The two cars in the first picture look like prototypes of production models - circa 1939 to 1942 or so. One looks like a Ford and the other a Chevrolet or Pontiac. I think the Tucker was made in 1947 or 1948. It appears the road in the third picture is iced over. It also appears that all of the vehicles photographed are vintage to the current era. There is a wood crate and a couple of smaller boxes to the rear of the house in the first picture that have the appearance of an air conditioning unit. The houses all appear to be of the same era as the vehicles, except the Tuckers and the Ford Thunderbird that is being pulled out of the ditch. Overall, the pictures appear to be exactly what they represent -- Kodak pictures taken a long tine ago. Even the one of the Tuckers and Thunderbird. The 1960's are already three or four generations removed from present day. Just what are we looking for?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelster : They are not photochopped at all. ;)

OK, last one and a solid clue:

Your clue : Look at the whole picture. Something is definitely out of place BUT.. there should be something really obvious about the whole picture..

Overall, the pictures appear to be exactly what they represent -- Kodak pictures taken a long tine ago. Even the one of the Tuckers and Thunderbird. The 1960's are already three or four generations removed from present day.

Just what are we looking for?

First off, your knowledge of vintage or classic autos is quite noteworthy!

I thought you figured it out when you said " Overall, the pictures appear to be exactly what they represent ". Key word being ' represent '.

Just what is everyone looking for? Well.. you need to know what your looking AT first, right?

In my very first message, I stated " you need to state what you believe your looking at. ". 

I've been selective with the photos Im using. There are hundreds of them for me to choose from but I intentionally/purposely took some of them with imperfections or things I see as being ' odd '.

Im getting giddy :D  so.. Im going to do a review and wait till tomorrow night. If nobody has figured it out by then, I'll show a bunch more of the pictures that will explain everything ;) . I think a lot of people are going to have a ' DUH! ' moment ;)

For a review though..

Heres a review of some of the comments I feel will help everyone..

" I was wondering why it looked like there was water behind the one car. That gaurdrail around the back porch looks a bit odd too"

"as someone else hinted at - its the ramp leading up to the porch doesn't match up / align with the railing around the porch?  "

"Is that a central a/c unit behind the house?  Wouldn't be that old then would it?"

" Do you really believe thats air you are breathing.. in this place? "

" I thought you'd quoted a Greek myth that I didn't know.  It turns out it was the Matrix" 

"None of the cars are covered in dents."

"Overall, the pictures appear to be exactly what they represent -- Kodak pictures taken a long tine ago."

I will give a ' Fact '/clue about the whole thing though : These are REAL pictures taken with a real camera and to the best of my knowledge, they arent altered/photochopped.

post-12379-0-15395900-1381019140_thumb.j

There are no smiling people in them.  Photos normally have a person in.

By the way, this is a smashing thread, ILK.  I do hope you have some more for us.

I will have more riddles in the future. I used to be on a forum and they nick-named me ' the joker ' because I would post up threads like this. 

Heres a clip from the matrix where the quote came from. 

What aRe they, movie sets?

No. they arent movie sets BUT.. I selected that last one to try and steer everyone into that thought. You are VERY close to understanding what you are looking at though. I mean *VERY* close!

Is that air you are breathing, Bubba? ;)  Think about it. Why did Morpheus say that to Neo? What was he trying to have Neo realize?

I've seen photos of extremely elaborate and very realistic scale models. Perhaps that's it

Yes this is what I thought toys made to look like the real thing.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I've seen photos of extremely elaborate and very realistic scale models. Perhaps that's it

SF sent me a message yesterday. He was the first to have the answer.

What we are all looking at is the work of Mike Smith. Hes a Photographer and Scale model enthusiast.

His work is incredible and so highly detailed..

They arent real cars. In some instances though, the backgrounds are actually real scenery.

post-12379-0-82191700-1381070368_thumb.j

post-12379-0-96515100-1381070395_thumb.j

post-12379-0-81854700-1381070407_thumb.j

That's an amazing amount of detail to do in miniature.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A friend of mine who had a stroke several years ago and only has the use of one hand took up model making after he became disabled. He made a scale replica of the old stadium of our football club. It now resides in a specially built glass case provide by our owners in the reeption of our new stadium. He is currently building a fairground, his work is amazing.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Among the many technical hobbies of my youth that I chose not to pursue as an adult is photography. Taking pictures like these is no simple matter. Even after the model is completed, you can't just place a full sized camera in the scene and click away, it will always look like a miniature scene because of the depth of field. Basically the camera, or at least the lens aperture has to be scaled down as well. In the days of film, the inherent film grain was the limiting factor. These pictures required micro-miniature digital cameras. Although I can't quite identify specifically what, something about the lighting around the car tires in the first picture looked more like studio than natural, which tipped me off that it probably wasn't really outdoor.

Megan..  . I know you dont own a car, but if you did... ( thats a clue for everyone right there! )

You cheeky young scamp. ;)  It was a super thread, ILK, I really enjoyed it. Aren't they just fabulous models?  God, like the Devil, is in the details.

I built a few models in my time but nothing at all like this. They were all planes. All of them A-10's.

When I was aboard ship, we had nothing to do so I brought along this small kit where you could make a remote controlled plane. I spent the first month on ship putting it together. ' Scuttlebutt ' flys on a ship and soon EVERYONE including the Chief of the Boat were asking me when I was going to fly it or when it would be done.

It took 7 weeks. I rushed it because everyone wanted to see this thing fly and I wanted to try and impress everyone.

We had the small engine turn over and it fired up. It was LOUD for such a small thing.

The Day finally came. We were on an LHA called ' Bella Wood ' and it had a flight deck with Harrier Jump Jets and Helos. So.. we fired it up, set it down and it started hauling down the runway.. It was going REALLY fast! It went off the runway and went into the air.. stalled.. and splashed. They fished it out but balsawood and glue dont do to well when dunked in water.

I dont know what I did wrong or if something failed. The Skipper of the ship looked at me and said ' Well.. it looks like you better leave the flying to us. ' gave me a pat on the back and walked away with a smirk on his face.

I absolutely FAILED on that one.

I havent tried to build another model of any kind since then. I might try another plane someday now that I have fields and roads to use as a runway.