Fatfuzz's Heeling Escapades.

fatfuzz

post-11671-0-82857000-1380733036_thumb.jWell, almost-heeling-escape.

Finally, I took the plunge and after going swimming I put on the Steve Madden ballerinas I have with me and walked from the pool, right through the town centre and then half way back to my folks place (I am away from home at the moment). Yes! YES!! Double YES with beans! Ok, they're not heels but they are awesome "womens" shoes and I love wearing them. It was great. And guess what happened? That's right - sweet FA! 

It started on the train down yesterday. I'd thrown the shoes in as an after thought as I was leaving the house as my dad is a bit tight and won't heat the house properly and the floors are always cold so I thought I'd wear them once he's gone to bed and the house starts getting really cold. So I wore them on the train for a bit and then after swimming today I just thought "F*ck it, I am going back to town in them" which I promptly did. It's a bit weird walking in such thin flat shoes but once I got into it, it was a lovely walk. Went and browsed a few charity shops (I think you call them thrift shops over the pond) for "womens" garms too but didn't find anything I liked.

I am keeping a more comprehensive record in my blog should you wish to read more but I haven't written about this bit yet.

Sorry about the twisted photo - it just rotated itself when I posted :/

Thanks for the nice comments guys. 

I did it again this morning. A nice Sunday morning stroll but just around the block this time so no great distance but enjoyable none-the-less.

Well, it's always best to take things like heeling in stages if that helps to build confidence. So, keep on keeping on!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Indeed Jeff - that's exactly how I'm approaching it. One little step at a time.

Just been looking at rubber heel tips on ebay for some of my heels. I think I'd feel better about going out in them if they didn't make so much noise - although I do love the sound!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

No prob! It's important, if not vital that we support and encourage each other to reach their full potential, whatever that potential happens to be. So, stay your course, and you'll find the travel good.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Indeed Jeff - that's exactly how I'm approaching it. One little step at a time.

In my experience, at first each little step feels like a mountain to climb, but a few months later you realise how far you've come and wonder what all the fuss was about. You sound like you have the inner confidence, it's just a case of learning to project that confidence, and step by step you will find that in your own way.

It's interesting that you're wearing flats before heels. The first time I wore flats was months after I'd first worn heels in public, and the flats made me feel apprehensive because flats don't give that confidence that the extra height and elegance of heels brings. In terms of reactions I found that people were much the same towards flats or heels, so maybe you're a lot closer to your heel debut than you realise.

As for loving the clicking sound of heels but feeling self-conscious, that's only really an issue when you choose to wear heels in a quiet place (which our instinct deludes us will be safer). Actually if you wear your heels on a busy shopping evening in central Manchester, a place with lots of hustle and bustle, the whole noise issue kind of goes away. Also once you've experienced that "why has nobody even noticed my heels?" feeling, it makes you want to make some noise to see if you get a reaction, so you feel a lot less self-conscious about it.

Well done for taking the steps you've taken so far. Enjoy the journey.

If you like it, wear it.