Heels At Work

hh4evr1

I wore my New Look ladies ankle cowboy boots to work. I walked to work and didn't notice any looks etc from passers by. I was wearing slightly longer jeans and a shirt with my boots. Two managers were in for the afternoon to do the accounts. One noticed but said nothing. I'm not sure about the other. These are older ladies who unwilling to accept new things (computers and changes/improvements to how they work). I'm expecting to be told not to wear heels. Two ladies having coffee noticed and kept looking when I walked past. The children/teenagers came in after school for sweets etc, but I didn't see any reaction from them. Dance classes started and some of the mums may have noticed, but no obvious signs shown.

post-2264-0-19071000-1379573703_thumb.jp

post-2264-0-14959800-1379573734_thumb.jp

good experience then...

of course you will always find some good and some bad looks, but that is for anything in life...

as far as I can see from the pics you posted, these booties are yes on the feminine side but nothing really extreme so you can get away with them quite easily...

Give it a couple of days and nobody will notice or e bothered.

I agree. 

I have to say they look masculine enough to get away with it. If it were me seeing a guy wearing them I'd think 'dude wants to be a few extra centimeters taller'. Not 'dude wants to wear women's shoes'.

Hi - joined a while ago but am still new.

Been trotting about at the office in my Black Suede Frye Campus 14s for some time.

http://i.imgur.com/P06w5XR.jpg

I feel reasonably confident in these, but they are an innocuous 2-inch stacked heel. I've been clocked once by a guy who said "oh, you're wearing womens boots today", but I heard that my boss told him to back off afterwards.

Last week, I decided to pair my Hush Puppy Affectionate heeled loafers with some longer black bootcut jeans. Felt good and got complimented on the jeans more than anything else by one of the chaps who sits near me. I was being hauled all over for meetings and, towering over the shorties, felt a little conspicuous so bottled it by about 3pm and changed back to sneakers. This, despite wearing the same outfit (plus floral top) to a work do in front of 150 colleagues!

http://i.imgur.com/NT4pbGo.jpg 

Shall just have to keep trying to overcome the confidence issues. But all-in-all pretty good.

Iain.

Trust me it gets easier and easier and you will wonder what you were self conscious about after a while and just get on with things and be wearing heels.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I'm not sure whether they'd be allowed to tell you not to wear heels unless there's a written dress code that explicitly forbids them.

You may be right, but then a new dresscode would be a simple thing to impose. I wore my womens boots to work, but not AT work. I believe that men should have the same fashion as women, but I would guess that 90% of the population don't agree, so I would not expect my employer to risk ridicule over my "hobby".

Hi - joined a while ago but am still new.   Been trotting about at the office in my Black Suede Frye Campus 14s for some time.  

I feel reasonably confident in these, but they are an innocuous 2-inch stacked heel. I've been clocked once by a guy who said "oh, you're wearing womens boots today", but I heard that my boss told him to back off afterwards.   Last week, I decided to pair my Hush Puppy Affectionate heeled loafers with some longer black bootcut jeans. Felt good and got complimented on the jeans more than anything else by one of the chaps who sits near me. I was being hauled all over for meetings and, towering over the shorties, felt a little conspicuous so bottled it by about 3pm and changed back to sneakers. This, despite wearing the same outfit (plus floral top) to a work do in front of 150 colleagues!  

Shall just have to keep trying to overcome the confidence issues. But all-in-all pretty good.   Iain.
Men's Frye Campus boots used to have that same heel, maybe a layer or two higher. I like the heels on the loafers, I'd wear them to work no problem, but personally, I don't like the vamp cut so low. Great choices!

It may seem funny, but for years, I wore western boots everywhere, and still do. My problem now is that the heels are shorter, especially in the mens product lines, and very few are underslung, which is the stlye I prefer. Wearing 2" heels has been the norm for years, yet now they seem hard to find.

For over 20 years, all I wore to work was a wesern heel boot, most of the time in engineering/manufacturing office, but now that I have to wear steel toe, I miss them.

From what I have been seeing while shopping for boots, I'm gonna end up in the womens department for sure.

It may seem funny, but for years, I wore western boots everywhere, and still do. My problem now is that the heels are shorter, especially in the mens product lines, and very few are underslung, which is the stlye I prefer. Wearing 2" heels has been the norm for years, yet now they seem hard to find.   For over 20 years, all I wore to work was a wesern heel boot, most of the time in engineering/manufacturing office, but now that I have to wear steel toe, I miss them.   From what I have been seeing while shopping for boots, I'm gonna end up in the womens department for sure.

Custom Cowboy Boots Cowboybootsusa  and the website Custom boots .net

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Custom Cowboy Boots Cowboybootsusa  and the website Custom boots .net

Ooops, wrong post answered to...

UpBy5

It may seem funny, but for years, I wore western boots everywhere, and still do. My problem now is that the heels are shorter, especially in the mens product lines, and very few are underslung, which is the stlye I prefer. Wearing 2" heels has been the norm for years, yet now they seem hard to find.

For over 20 years, all I wore to work was a wesern heel boot, most of the time in engineering/manufacturing office, but now that I have to wear steel toe, I miss them.

From what I have been seeing while shopping for boots, I'm gonna end up in the womens department for sure.

Try the Frye website.  I got a pair of Frye's "Jackie Button 76576 - Chocolate"  from the "Heels.Com" site In October, 2012. Either HeelsCom or Frye site may still have them. 2 1/2" mildly underslung heel. At Heels.Com they were sold under the women's listings.  I'm really happy with 'em!

UpBy5

post-16522-0-17956200-1379948998_thumb.jpost-16522-0-99942600-1379949037_thumb.ja couple of weeks ago I went to look at a couple of job sites to look at some HVAC. I was there alone and I had on my payless oxfords with the 3" heel. My pants covered the heel. After I returned to the office I just kept them on as the only person that was there the bookkeeper/office manager. I did some paperwork and then took off at the end of the day. About a hour after I left I recived a text from the owner of the company and it was "jesus you put me in a bad spot NO MORE WEARING HIGH HEELS now lets pretend this never happened".

I don't know I just think that I have had some problems with her in the past this was a way to get even. She is in charge of accounts receivable and back in April was about 3-4 months behind and made it known. I think this was a way to get back

I was stunned. It was not like I had a pair of pumps on that I had done at different times. I had even bought her a pair of heels once. We at one time a year ago went shoe shopping together so she knew that I wore them at times. the pair that I had on I had worn them several times. I just was a reason to play that game I'll get you and your little dog toto too. As far as what I did it was nothing want can I do. Other than think that I am almost 60 retiring at 62 looks better and better.

This sort of thing is exactly why I keep this part of my life as separate from work as possible.  There is just too much as stake for me to risk my career.  While it would be wrong (and potentially illegal) for a company to actually take any action against you for doing this, there are so many other ways they can just make life a living hell for you and force you to go.  All because someone has a personal bias or hang-up about it that they just cant get over.  It sucks, but its the way of the world.

I envy those here that get away with wearing them full time including at work, and say its no big deal, but for many people out there, this is a big deal.

This sort of thing is exactly why I keep this part of my life as separate from work as possible.  There is just too much as stake for me to risk my career.  While it would be wrong (and potentially illegal) for a company to actually take any action against you for doing this, there are so many other ways they can just make life a living hell for you and force you to go.  All because someone has a personal bias or hang-up about it that they just cant get over.  It sucks, but its the way of the world.

I envy those here that get away with wearing them full time including at work, and say its no big deal, but for many people out there, this is a big deal.

Exactly where I'm at these days. They won't think twice if I'm in the offices and wear a pair of Cowboy boots. but I'm not about to push their envelope. Getting a different job will require me to move, and at my age, it;s a shot in the dark regardless.

Hi - joined a while ago but am still new.

Been trotting about at the office in my Black Suede Frye Campus 14s for some time.

I feel reasonably confident in these, but they are an innocuous 2-inch stacked heel. I've been clocked once by a guy who said "oh, you're wearing womens boots today", but I heard that my boss told him to back off afterwards.

Last week, I decided to pair my Hush Puppy Affectionate heeled loafers with some longer black bootcut jeans. Felt good and got complimented on the jeans more than anything else by one of the chaps who sits near me. I was being hauled all over for meetings and, towering over the shorties, felt a little conspicuous so bottled it by about 3pm and changed back to sneakers. This, despite wearing the same outfit (plus floral top) to a work do in front of 150 colleagues!

Shall just have to keep trying to overcome the confidence issues. But all-in-all pretty good.

Iain.

lagrange, I love those Hush Puppies loafers.  I've been looking for something like that.  Do you know if they still make them?

I was stunned. It was not like I had a pair of pumps on that I had done at different times. I had even bought her a pair of heels once. We at one time a year ago went shoe shopping together so she knew that I wore them at times. the pair that I had on I had worn them several times. I just was a reason to play that game I'll get you and your little dog toto too. As far as what I did it was nothing want can I do. Other than think that I am almost 60 retiring at 62 looks better and better.

Wow, is the she that you are referring to the owner or the other person who was in the office? Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

lagrange, I love those Hush Puppies loafers.  I've been looking for something like that.  Do you know if they still make them?

I don't think so. Other sites carry them in brown and black, but odd sizes. Mine were size 9, but I never see them in that size anymore. I wish I could pick them up in brown.

Check out Clarks Alfresco Cafe (http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356724) as an alternative. Lovely shoe.

No she is the AR and the payroll but thinks that nothing can happen with out her. But if pushed I have 40 years experience

Well, it certainly is a bummer it turned out that way. I was stoked to be following your experiences. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Nice looking boots. That's the style I try to encourage People to wear that are trying to wear heels out . Too many people are afraid to say anything due to lawsuits. I have cowboy style boots with 3 q 1/2 inch heels that I wear a lot. What helps with any heel is getting the heel noise down. I fill all my heels with silicon then put rubber soles on. I think the western look is very overlooked. If you want to wear heels all day its a great way to go Sales and customer service I would be more conservative

post-2198-0-74359700-1380029281_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-98366500-1380029436_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-74196200-1380029620_thumb.jp

I work with family, and in the mechanical service field, so spike heels are not typically an option, and even wedge sneakers may not be safe if climbing around equipment. Today though I am alone (mostly) in the office so have spent most of the morning in 3.5" Ash Chloe pumps. Only took them off when my brother and his wife stopped by for a few minutes. Will try to wear these most of the day.

(formerly known as "JimC")

HEELS2U, I love your boot choices. I have similar tastes in that I love chunky mid heels. I haven't worn mine to work but I wear them out at times. That black pair is really hot! Where can I get them (in size 11)?!