Playing Rugby In High Heels

barney15c

Couldn't work out if it was League or Union. Was that a line-out they tried at the end?

In case you're wondering, League is a game for gentlemen played by thugs and Union is a game for thugs played by gentlemen. Soccer is a game for thugs played by thugs and cricket is a game for gentlemen played by gentlemen. Don't mention golf, that's just a good walk spoilt.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't work out if it was League or Union. Was that a line-out they tried at the end?

In case you're wondering, League is a game for gentlemen played by thugs and Union is a game for thugs played by gentlemen. Soccer is a game for thugs played by thugs and cricket is a game for gentlemen played by gentlemen. Don't mention golf, that's just a good walk spoilt.

Love your description of League and Union, I know feel way more informed about what is what.

Hockey = League, but where do Baseball, Basketball and North American Football fit into?

Any takers?

"Went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out" - some comedian

They say baseball is a thinking mans game - - I think I'll pass.

American football is high end entertainment played by a lot of dudes who get way to much money.

Now the Lingere football league - - - - never mind!!

"Went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out" - some comedian

They say baseball is a thinking mans game - - I think I'll pass.

American football is high end entertainment played by a lot of dudes who get way to much money.

Now the Lingere football league - - - - never mind!!

used to play scum half

Love your description of League and Union, I know feel way more informed about what is what.

Hockey = League, but where do Baseball, Basketball and North American Football fit into?

Any takers?

Baseball: A game for girls played by boys?

Basketball: A game for poor people played by rich people?

American Football: A game for kids played by adults.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There's also netball with stupid rules that trip up basketball players.

Darts for the alcoholic sportsman -   "throw and lift".

I'm sure the doc could add the pony club games?

Al

• 2 months later...

first thing that come to mind was tug of war. 

back in the 1970's when I was in school aged around 10 or 11 the school used to run an annual tug of war event where the classes compete against each other.

shoe fashion for men and boys was platform shoes with high heels.

well it does not take a brain surgeon to realize that a pair of 4 inch heels make good anchors.

the playing field was a real state. the groundkeeper used to go potty.

makes me wonder if mens platforms will ever become fashionable again.  I used to love mine.  they were at least 4 inches but some of the boys had higher ones.