Rylan's Studded Ankle Boots

stoney8

I'm trying to find the article and as soon as I do I'll post it to the thread. I don't like rylan (for those of you who don't know he was very untalented on X factor and he was also on big brother) for one minute but did anyone else see the picture of him in yesterday's paper in studded ankle boots? I saw the picture and firstly really liked the boots and secondly thought good on him. He will be in the papers and it brings more attention to the fact that guys can wear heels and that there is nothing wrong with it.

At 6'4" I don't think he is relying on them for extra height so definitely a fashion statement. His normal clothing is quit extreme as his character so not every will follow but any exposur of celebrity males in hee is good and mor importantly plants the seed in people's mind that it's ok and a accepted fashion statement

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I agree. Best part is they don't even focus on his boots at all. I could have nothing to do with any of this God awful crap on TV these days but the more guys like this clown where heels the better for us.

And only 4 comments on the boots, and not really that negative.

"Rylan? In heels?! Ow my."

"Rylans wearing heels!!!!"

"Why has Rylan got heels on? He's already 6ft 5!"

"rylan in heels, i've seen it all!!"

In fact, one comment focuses on the make up that the guys are wearing. In my opinion, that's a sign that no-one really cares what he's wearing on his feet. I mean, if you're going to comment on the make up, you'd comment on the shoes...

I'm in two minds on this: on the one hand media coverage of any guy in heels is creating exposure and getting people used to the idea, but on the other hand it's often done for shock value and does little more than reinforce the cliché stereotypes. I guess I'd concude that it's better to have the media coverage than not have it, but that it's important for us regular guys to get out there in our heels and make a positive impression.

If you like it, wear it.

I really like the boots too. I think I like the black version better, but Adam Lambert and Lenny Kravitz have both been out and about wearing the beige suede version. They're Louboutin's Aoussam style. I've got a pair of Louboutin's gray suede plain boots, which I wear a lot, but the spike version is a bit more in your face. I really believe in supporting the designers that make heels for men.

Is it me or Rylan is the only one alone on these pics ?

Maybe it is website specific, but Lambert got only 3 comments here http://www.upscalehype.com/2013/07/adam-lambert-wears-saint-laurent-print-shirt-and-christian-louboutin-aoussam-spike-studded-boots/

and Kravitz win with 173 comments here http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/08/lenny-kravitz-on-good-morning-america.html