Tips For Attending Heel Meets.

Dr. Shoe

These tips assume that someone else has organised the meet:

• Always make sure the meet is in a public (or semi-public) place. Do not meet at a stranger's apartment or hotel room.
  • Get the organiser's phone number and make sure that he has yours so you can keep up to date with last minute changes.
  • It is nice to meet up with another delegate and travel to the meet together but make sure you have a fall-back plan to get there on your own if neccesary.
  • If you must go to someone's home, make sure you leave their address with a trusted friend and have them call you at a pre-arranged time to ensure you're OK. It can be an idea to have a "codeword" to show all is well.
  • Make sure you have the independent means to get home afterwards. There is nothing worse than being stranded because you have become separated from your lift home.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Shoe,

Your tips are very helpful and accurate!

I found myself in a very bad situation when I meet a couple of other heelsters for a heel meet.  I had one of them pick me up at my hotel and take me to meet another heelster at their hotel.  When we got to the other hotel - I knew right away that there were other intentions for the meet.  I did not have my car.  I had to go along for pat of the activities.  I finally convinced them that they could take me back to my hotel so that I could follow them back to another location.  Once I got in my car I took off and called them to let them know that I was not interested in continuing that night.

That was a close one.

Bernheels