Dancer In High Heels.

Black_Boots

Yeah, I saw it on some Polish portal couple of days ago. Of course, there were plenty of haters who put their five cents. I, of course, replied that these were jealous girls who cannot walk or dance in high heels as good as these blokes.

Why do they always have to look and behave so GAY? This just reinforces the idea that a guy in heels= gay.

It's still good to see any guys doing it though.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The heels may have been close to 6 inches, but the approximately 2 inch platforms made them feel as though they are about 4 inch equivalencies, just like most high heels on the market. If the only ones willing to wear heels in videos like this appear to look gay, then it is our (my) fault for not being as bold and presenting videos of straight looking guys being similarly active or doing other entertaining acts or roles. Most people figure guys can't wear high heels and chew gum at the same time. A video would go along way to enlighten others. For those of us with two left feet, so to speak, what are your thoughts about taking dancing lessons in heels?

Watched the video and noted the reaction of the surrounding people which is aupportive but typically nonchalant which is exactly what I'd expect in the middle of Paris. We can't control how "gay" these participants appear in this video but we can sure can control our own presentation in the world, can't we? While not the stars of an internet video, there are many of us hhplace members who stroll into a store somewhere in the world dressed tastefully as men with perhaps a feminine flavor to our outfit and wearing high heels who can make an even stronger statement than these three. Persistence in presentation and confidence in character will win the day as they have for centuries. HappyinHeels

They just might be gay. Maybe not. Doesnt matter to me. They had shoes *I* wouldnt wear, lip synched to a song I wouldnt normally listen to BUT!!! Dudes out in public in heels.. makes up for everything!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This is true they look gay to me, which is also annoying for me. But they are also professional dancers, and most of the time, professional dancer have a little part of feminity, mostly due to the grace and smoothness of movment. Then the limit between gay and not gay is visibly difficult to make, and there is no point in doing it.. Let's not forget the gay community has been fighting for the right to be what they are in public, and this process is the same for Guys in heels. The only difference, which is really big, is that you will not risk the "Peine Capitale" for wearing heels, as it is the case in some awfull countries for gay people.

Check also the website of the Choregraph. yanismarshall.com

Good fine on the video Black_Boots, it certainly gives the sense that Yanis and friends have spent a lot of time in heels.

They are very solid on foot even with the cobblestone rolling ankle scenes (like who would not roll an ankle there).

While the comment of looking/acting gay can be negative or positive, can it not be said that is way they look without having to tag a gay look/acts?

We strive for the same acceptance in public for heeling interests no matter how we look, even without heels I am sure many folks

just have that style which is not along former gender expressions of fashion. So I feel they are who they are.

Yanis and pals are doing what many of us would like, motivating for sure!

Watched the video and noted the reaction of the surrounding people which is aupportive but typically nonchalant which is exactly what I'd expect in the middle of Paris. We can't control how "gay" these participants appear in this video but we can sure can control our own presentation in the world, can't we? While not the stars of an internet video, there are many of us hhplace members who stroll into a store somewhere in the world dressed tastefully as men with perhaps a feminine flavor to our outfit and wearing high heels who can make an even stronger statement than these three. Persistence in presentation and confidence in character will win the day as they have for centuries. HappyinHeels

Well said Happyinheels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

It's not "looking gay" which is the problem, not even the fact that they are dancers. It is the way they wink and blow kisses to the camera. Happyinheels was right, we can all pull together and just do our own thing in heels. Personally, I haven't done anything "masculine" in heels or not for almost three years now but I will do anything to help you guys make male heels more acceptable.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.