Brash Hydrogen Hidden Platform Pumps From Payless

barney15c

My shoes arrived today from the USA and there is good news and bad news:

The good news is they are every bit as gorgeous as they appear on the Payless website, the construction is better than their $35 belies, the styling is contemporary and the 5in heel is balanced well by the 1.5in platform.

The bad news is that (and i had a bad feeling about this before i received them) they are (in my opinion) a small fit, i would say a half to a full size smaller than stated. If they bring out a wide fitting version of the shoe then this may remedy it a bit. As it is I can get them on but they feel tight around the toes. I know its the shoes and not my feet because i have 4 pairs of the Brash Komet in a regular width and they are very comfortable...these however feel more narrower and slightly shorter (Size US13)

I know several other members on here have said that they were thinking of buying a pair so i would like them to share their opinions and see if their experience differs from mine.

I will persevere and see if i can break them in a bit, but as they are not leather i don't hold out a lot of hope...a real shame as these would be in the top 5 of any shoe i have ever bought. I will buy a wide width version if one becomes available.Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Hidden, really? If they are truly hidden, then the person wearing them has the appearance severely deformed feet. No one in my opinion has been able to make a hidden platform yet and until they can compress space/time they aren't going to. What's the point? Just wear any platforms you want because wearing hidden platforms isn't fooling anyone.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted, "Hidden" is the term used for those, but there is nothing really hidden at all. The material of the shoe simply extends downward to cover the platform so there is no demarcation between the upper and the sole. Maybe "extended" platform or some other term would be better. But I don't think for a minute that anyone who wears that style thinks people won't see that the shoes have a platform. It's just inadequate terminology. Steve

Not a platform guy myself, but if I were to get a pair I'd rather have one that openly shows a platform underneath then one that tries to hide it. At least then you look like you have some platforms underneath your feet instead of having deformed feet. As for the OP, it sucks that they're too narrow. It always sucks when shoes are too narrow even in the largest sizes. Especially Italian made heels seem prone to this failing. It must be in their national psyche, to stress (narrow) form above all else. Which is great when ordering a Ferrari, not so great when ordering large sized heels.

Is it my error, but are the toes of them too stubby to have that pointed of construction/ My Brash Kosmic have a rounder toe and when I tried the 13W - they "flopped" around while the 13 M was a great fit. That roundness of the toe was the difference for me as some other styles with a less rounded design was too tight.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

barney15c, If your pumps will go on but are a bit tight I'd suggest stretching them overnight with a shoe stretcher. Some get the part of the shoe to be stretched a bit wet ahead of time and then place the stretcher into the shoe. Others wet the area to be stretched, place the stretcher inside, and then freeze the shoe overnight. Either way you may increase the shoe size by about one half size. It is certainly worth a try owing to the fact you live in Great Britain. Once you stretch them then get out there and wear them and they should break in and start actually molding to your feet.

HappyinHeels

Barney I just got mine yesterday and I have the same problem. When I tried them on in the store they felt OK. But I tried to wear them for a while when I got home after about a half an hour they started I had to take them off. I will also need to try to get them stretched. The look of the shoes are great. I did measure the heels in size 13 they are over 5 1/2 and if I can get them to fit better they could be one of my fav heels

Barney I just got mine yesterday and I have the same problem. When I tried them on in the store they felt OK. But I tried to wear them for a while when I got home after about a half an hour they started I had to take them off. I will also need to try to get them stretched. The look of the shoes are great. I did measure the heels in size 13 they are over 5 1/2 and if I can get them to fit better they could be one of my fav heels

I saw your review on Payless :) Yes it looks like prolonged wear and if all fails a shoe stretcher (thanks for the advice happyinheels), i won't be beat, they are too nice heels to stay in the back of the wardrobe!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

• 3 weeks later...

barney15c, I would have to agree with you on the Hydrogen pump being tight compared to other Brash shoes. I sent Payless my review and they posted it. The Lumos by Brash and Kasbah by Fioni fit the same way as the Hydrogen. The Kaotic by Brash is close in style to the Hydrogen and seems a bit larger in width. The Kaotic pump fits very well and is easy to wear and goes well with jeans. I can only hope Payless will do a run of the Hydrogen in wide. I would also love to see them do the Kosmic in a plain black. For the money , the Kosmic just can't be beat.

I would also love to see them do the Kosmic in a plain black. For the money , the Kosmic just can't be beat.

It seems the Kosmic has had its run and become rare. It was a special pair for comfort.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.