Oc Socal Summer..... Platforms?

tallguyinheels

On a trip last week to Orange Count, Irvine and Newport Beach. The shopping malls - Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza & Fashion Island were full of high heels platforms. - not just in the window and store displays either - but on the shoppers. many six inch or higher it appeared to be,,, weather was pleasant - lots of white plats with capri's skinny jeans, short flared skirts, and shorts of all types and colors. In my estimation plats out-counted flats pumps and wedges 5:3 - of course boring flats and sneakers and such were still dominant - even at night. But I like the platform trend - Is conservative Orange County Leading or Following the style curve?

On a trip last week to Orange Count, Irvine and Newport Beach. The shopping malls - Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza & Fashion Island were full of high heels platforms. - not just in the window and store displays either - but on the shoppers. many six inch or higher it appeared to be,,, weather was pleasant - lots of white plats with capri's skinny jeans, short flared skirts, and shorts of all types and colors. In my estimation plats out-counted flats pumps and wedges 5:3 - of course boring flats and sneakers and such were still dominant - even at night.

But I like the platform trend - Is conservative Orange County Leading or Following the style curve?

I think that you are following the style curve, these days.Whether we like it or not platform heels are the "in shoes", these days. All you have to do is go into any shoe store to look at heels. like DSW.

I like the platform look with pumps, as I now have a couple of pairs. I also have a couple pairs of wedge heel sandals that also have platform too. They are all very comfortable to wear.

Last winter, I bought my first pair of platform knee boots from Nine West, Escapegoat. I posted a review and a pic of me wearing them too. I like them very much.

For the present time platform heels are the in thing, in heels!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I get to "The OC" (Orange County) quite often and have done a LOT of heeling at the malls you mentioned as well as other places. Never had a problem, and YES - there are a lot of heels to see in The OC. The weather is nice and the gals are pretty. I am still looking for a guy in heels, except me!! I guess the "conservative," as you call them, folks are quite the trend setters. I find OC to be a very comfortable place to wear high heels in public. sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Tonight, while shopping at DSW, I encountered a group of University Students, of Oriental culture, both men and women. The men were carrying shoulder bags (women's types), just as I was. A couple of the men were trying on heels too, Read my full report on my, "Heeling with, bluejay", thread. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Interesting that you mention Fashion Island. My wife and I go to Newport Beach for vacation from time to time. We stay at a hotel that is right next to Fashion Island I have envisioned wearing my heels and walking over to Fashion Island for dinner and shopping should I ever make my way back there again. They would likely have a platform of some sort too.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!