The New Adventures Of Happyfeat

HappyFeat

Love it when members share not only their outfits, but make a point to name labels for anyone trying to replicate a certain look.

I can only say we have the same taste, luv the boots and your whole look. Tim from Amsterdam

Hey, Happyfeat! After looking at your latest outfits, it's clear to me that you put a goodly amount of time and consideration into what you wear in public. I know that I usually spend close to an hour experimenting with tops, bottoms and shoes before I go out, each and every time, nothing with me is spur of the moment when it comes to what I wear, I have no doubt you put the same sort of meticulous effort in your attire as well. Since I've gravitated to wearing women's clothes on my outings, especially skirts, I know I have to go the extra mile to look my very best so I don't embarrass myself, do you feel the same way, that you have to work hard to present a proper image? And when you've succeeded, doesn't it feel absolutely great?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I echo the comments of JeffB. I also spend a lot of time planning what I'm going to wear. My ensemble revolves around the heels I'm planning to wear. I always want to look coordinated and not thrown together. happy Heeling, bluejay

I echo the comments of JeffB. I also spend a lot of time planning what I'm going to wear. My ensemble revolves around the heels I'm planning to wear. I always want to look coordinated and not thrown together.

happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well, for me, the outfit comes first, the shoes second, and I've leaned more towards flats than heels lately. That's how much I've evolved.

Happyfeet,I really enyoy your latest outfits,you are an innovator in the field of limitted and boring men's clothes,shoes and etc.Women have long ago won the right to wear anything they like so it is up to us ot make the balance.

Got busy since my last posts, but it seems a lot has happened since I was away...LOL I do want to reply to some of the comments, but choose not to quote them to avoid the "Wall of Text: effect, so I will address them generally in my reply.

First of all, SandalFan, you are NOT an asshole and I appreciate your apology. Actually, I would love to go on What Not to Wear, if it existed and I had the opportunity... LOL

I was really, taken by what ilikekicks posted. He hit the nail on the head for me. Even if nobody likes my outfits, and that is perfectly fine by me, I do try to push boundaries. Sometimes, something I think looks great in the mirror, does not look good in a picture or after I get out. The real challenge is to just keep trying...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And yes, I liked the comment about the "70s hippy" look, because it was exactly what I was going for.

In my mind I distinguish between fashion and style. Fashion is a science, whereas style is an art. Fashion is a reflexion and style is an expression. Fashion is about rules: What goes with what, what is age appropriate, what is currently "in," etc. Style may or may not incorporate fashion, but it is more about expression. Frankly, I could be out in a Chanel suit and Loubaton pumps and still attract negative reactions from people. In a way, I find it quite liberating, since if that is an issue, it frees me up to do whatever I want to do.

Therefore using the rules of fashion as a guide, and nothing more, I try to develop a style. Style on the other hand reflect personality, intuition, and desire. Style is an evolving process and that's what I am always trying to do. I try to find interesting pieces and see how to make them work in a way that I am happy with. in summary, I believe a fashionable person dresses for others, while a stylish person dresses for themselves.

Also, iklikekicks made another great point. I know that I can be outrageous to the vast majority of heel lovers who, for various reasons, are forced to keep their love of high heels secret. I too was in that position not long ago. However, I look at it this way, my tendency to be "out there" must make it easier for some guys in some way. In a perfect world, any guy who follows me wearing a pair of understated boots with jeans is far more likely to be accepted just because a less garish look would be almost "normal" at that point.

As for my style, I am not one for hiding that I am a man. I do shave my legs and armpits, just because it makes the outfits better. And yes I do keep some facial hair, because it is part of who I am. It may not make sense to most, but it doesn't have to. I seldom had anybody assume that I am gay, believe it or not. And if they do, why should I care. I don't dress for sex, with anybody, regardless of gender. I like the comments about the size of my gonads, etc., because it does take some fortitude to be and accept who you are. And in my mind, what could be more masculine than bucking expectations and simply doing what you choose.

I do have a set of weekend adventures to post, but will do so later since this reply is quite long. I can also say that reading the recent posts has been HHPlace at its best - some insightful discussion that can make you think!

Style is built from the ground up!

Happyfeat: I've always been of the opinion that fashion is many different things to many different people, and that its all in the eye of the beholder. We all have to satisfy our inner fashionista, to dress in the way that suits us best, what makes us feel good inside, regardless of what society as a whole might think. Short and sweet, we dress for ourselves, not everybody else. Style is also open to personal interpretation, there's no way to pin or answer the question of what is or isn't stylish, people here say that I'm stylish, but that's only because I go to a great deal of work to perfect my own image of how I want to present myself. Since you and I have gone out of our way to adopt the more blatant accouterments associated with women, namely skirts and dresses, we automatically put ourselves into the fishbowl, opening ourselves up to all sorts of criticisms, both positive and negative from the world around us in terms of how we look, never mind if we're fashionable, people no doubt wonder if we're normal because we choose to wear women's clothes openly. But once people get past the initial stigma associated with men garbed in women's attire, THEN comes the issue of whether or not he's fashionable or stylish. I for some don't seek to be anything I'm not, at the end of the day, I'm just a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels, nothing more, nothing less. As for being stylish or fashionable, well, I'll leave that to the interpretation of others.