The New Adventures Of Happyfeat

HappyFeat

After a couple of years away, I wanted to get back to sharing my outing adventures and experiences. I have been pretty busy as my life has seen some major changes. Ironically, I get out more than ever and really try to pull off some different looks. However, I do not always have the time to report, take and edit photos, etc. Recently, I have decided to put myself out there more using social media. I am planning on starting a blog and have started a Twitter. I remember that a few years back, some of the members were encouraging my to write a book, which I am seriously considering. At the very least, I would love to be back here as a regular contributor. A lot has changed and I am looking forward to checking in and sharing the things that I do.

Since this forum is dedicated to high heel fashion, I plan on keeping my postings Germain to to heel wearing - although heels form the foundation of my style, it does go beyond than. However, if I didn't love wearing high heels, I don't think I would have ever tried a skirt, dress, or any other traditionally female fashion item. For me, it always starts and end with the heels!

New Adventure #1 - Sunday July 21, 2013

A quick outing today. However, most of my outings tend to be quick - about an hour or so. The heat was pretty intense today and I needed to do some work, so I went to Parana Bread to bask in the air conditioning, drink some strong iced tea, and jump onto the free Internet. Instead of work, I wound up setting up my Twitter and Blogger account.

My outfit: Banana Republic nylon tank with a blue and white pattern, LOFT orange maxi skirt, brown Nine West "Smilelydays" stiletto sandals (about 4 inches), yellow J.Crew cross-body bag, Banana Republic silver choker, yellow Cache bracelet, gold Ann Taylor cuff with blue bead.

My outing was peaceful. I have long since stopped noticing people reacting in a negative way to my dress unless it is obvious or done in a confrontational way. Odd looks, snickers from teen-aged girls, whispering between people all just seem to come with doing anything out of the ordinary. However, I do usually pick up on positive interactions and have become more approachable in recent months. The best thing that happened today was an elderly woman (the place I went today seems to attract an older crowd) told me that she thought it was "wonderful" that I do what I do. I remember that it wasn't long ago that I used to force myself to go to places where I set down and lingered. Now, these are often the moments I treasure the most.

I bought the shoes on Macy's clearance this summer, though I had coveted them since first seeing them when they were released in the early spring. I have them in both brown and black. My original thought was to wear them with skinny jeans or crops, I just couldn't resist wearing them with this maxi. They are actually quite comfortable, though the skirt draws most of the attention (Its big and orange after all.)

It is wonderful to be posting an outing again! I look froward to hearing from old friends and making a lot of new ones!

post-1638-0-20959100-1374450462_thumb.jp

post-1638-0-11129800-1374455954_thumb.jp

Style is built from the ground up!

Love it when members share not only their outfits, but make a point to name labels for anyone trying to replicate a certain look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey there, HappyFeat! Welcome back, my friend! You certainly were missed around here, especially by me as I've appreciated your fine sense of style. And I can see that hasn't changed, judging from your outfit. Bravo, my friend! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Happyfeat! Glad to see you back again. Hope you'll stick around and continue to share your adventures. You were always a fine inspiration for others, including myself. Love those sandals and the orange skirt! Looks good. Steve

Love it when members share not only their outfits, but make a point to name labels for anyone trying to replicate a certain look.

I do think it is important to name labels, etc. when possible. When members post here, it really is a place for inspiration and I also love to have an idea where other people shop and what brands they like. I think I got this from Kneehighs - though his taste is far better than mine.

Hey there, HappyFeat! Welcome back, my friend! You certainly were missed around here, especially by me as I've appreciated your fine sense of style. And I can see that hasn't changed, judging from your outfit. Bravo, my friend! Bravo!

Glad to hear I was missed, but you have kept on rolling along. I am looking forward to getting to know some of the new names I see around. From what I have read, there are some exciting things going on here at HHPlace. Thinking about style, I cannot believe how far I have come in attitude, confidence, and diversity of my wardrobe since 2008 or so. Remember when we were discussion whether we should try a dress in public? Seems like another lifetime and yet it was just a few years back.

Happyfeat!

Glad to see you back again. Hope you'll stick around and continue to share your adventures. You were always a fine inspiration for others, including myself. Love those sandals and the orange skirt! Looks good.

Steve

Steve, great to hear from you as well! Especially since you are one of the few people I have actually met in person. Glad you like the orange. If you are going to go, go bold in my opinion.

Nice sandals....

That means a lot from you! You always had great taste in sandals.

I have decided to continue with the theme of maxi-skirts today, and for the next few days as well. I even have my outfit for tomorrow is ready! But this post is about my experiences today.

New Adventure #2 - Monday July 22, 2012

Even though I am allegedly off in the summer, it seems that I get caught up in all sorts of things. However, a trip to the office gives me a chance to throw a change of clothes in the car and take advantage of the time.

My outfit: All Ann Taylor today, with the exception of my bag. Teal/gray tank, multi colored high/low maxi skirt (a short built in slip covered with sheer material that shows plenty of leg under the slip), and AT nude, reptile leather embossed sandals with about a 4-inch stiletto heel. My pink and gold necklace is from LOFT and the yellow cross-body bag is JCrew.

My activity today was browsing the outlet mall south of the city. I really don't buy much except for unique pieces and things that are very inexpensive. My shoe wardrobe takes up a whole corner of my basement while my clothes have a life of their own. Anyway, I do like to browse to keep up with the trends. Plus it is just nice to get out in heels and shopping centers tend to be a nice comfortable place.

However, today was a bit different. I usually go to places that are a little higher end and attract a bit more of a cosmopolitan clientele. The crowd of locals and travelers had a lot of people who were not quite prepared to see a 6'2" 220 (yes, I have gained weight again) wearing heels and a multicolored skirt. However, I never let that bother me. I did get a lot of strange looks and could see a lot of whispering. This doesn't make me uncomfortable, but I do want to say that they might as well just ask me. See, I KNOW I am behaving out of accepted norms (accepted norms be damned, of course,) but when people behave in an obvious manner and think they are being so cool, I get a huge kick out of it. My favorite reaction is when I pass a group of people and only one of them catches a glance of me, then whispers to another person in the group, who coyily glances back. My only thought is if they want to get a good look, just say something and I will pose for them!

As I said in my previous post in this thread, I don't care much about reactions (other than being aware enough for safety reasons or on the lookout for positive people) but there are two things that I often think about. Though I am the one behaving outside conventional social norms, I do enjoy watching people watch me. It is a fascinating social experiment when people demonstrate their well, ignorance, by behaving rudely. The second thing that I love, at the risk of being narcissistic, is that it is my purpose to shake up their world. If a guy in a skirt and heels is the so shocking to them, then I feel I need to put them in a place to challenge their assumptions. And all I do is just be who I am and do what I enjoy.

Anyway, I browsed the stores for a couple of hours. It had been a long while since I was there and it was nice to catch up with some of the clerks who I used to talk to on my more frequent trips. Nine West has a very nice sale going on and I did try a few pair of shoes. I have attached a picture of a pair of peep toe booties that I covet for fall. They are suede, which I usually steer away from living in the climate which I do, but I just love them. They also come in black and navy blue. I am holding out for a price reduction though. The only other purchase I made was maxi at New York and Company which I really loved at the retail store, but it sold out in my size long before I had a chance to buy it. I plan on wearing it tomorrow.

post-1638-0-24240700-1374551541_thumb.jp

post-1638-0-10134900-1374551553_thumb.jp

post-1638-0-22421900-1374551573_thumb.jp

HappyFeat, I'm so glad your back again!. We certainly have missed you over the last couple of years. You have been an inspiration to many of us here on HHP. I will be looking, forward for your posts and pics too. BTW, I like your outfits on your recent outings. Because of you and JeffB, I now carry a bag with me when I go out heeling. I also like to wear bold colors, as you may have seen in some of my posts. Although, I rarely wear skirts, I do wear capris, leggings and cropped, skinny ankle jeans in all sorts of bold colors, that really show off the heels , I'm wearing. Again, welcome back to HHP. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Hey there, Happyfeat! Regarding your latest outfit----WOW! That was outstanding! Very bright and colorful! I am impressed with how well you pulled it off, and, more importantly, how casual and comfortable you look as well. Like the sandals too, very sharp! In fact, you've given me an idea or two for a future outfit. As for your observations about watching people watching you, I thought you were spot on about everything you said, because guys like you and I defiantly thumb our noses at convention by wearing women's clothes in public, we confuse the populace (i.e., mess with their heads) who clearly have trouble processing what we do and how choose to dress. I find it rather humorous that in this so-called enlightened age where the outrageous and the obscene can be seen as blasé that a man parading around in a skirt and heels can still be considered shocking to some. Surely we're not THAT fantastic! I guess that the old mindset regarding clothing and gender to just too ingrained to be easily dismissed by the masses. But hey, that's their problem, not ours.

Happyfeat, how great to see you here again! I really missed reading your adventures and seeing your photos. It was your adventures that prompted me to take that first plunge into wearing the occasional pair of heels in public (albeit not quite to your level...lol). So great to see you posting again! It appeas that your style has really evolved - much more into full dress it appears. Love those sandals in the second set. You've always had a selection of heels that appeal to my taste. Hope all is well with you!

Jeff, you're absolutely right. I was having this discussion with Bluejay this morning in an email exchange. We're taught by parents and teachers at an early age that there are two distinct genders, boys and girls. Boys wear X and girls generally wear Y but they can also wear X, too. So people grow up with that social conditioning and when they encounter a male wearing Y, if there is no experience with it, it's shocking. I remember the first time I saw a guy with an earring on. I was shocked. I'd never seen that before. The second time I stared also. By the third time and after, it was no big deal; I'd seen it before and there was a memory experience for it. So people are going to gawk and stare at guys who wear Y because it's different and they've not seen it before. As fashion pioneers, we just need to accept that and move on. The public will get used to it eventually and won't pay attention. Then we'll know we've made progress! Steve

Steve: Quite right, my friend. The way I see things, it's all about mental conditioning. The more people see something, even if its odd or strange, the more conditioned people become to what they see until its no longer odd or strange. I've done my best to help the process along by being out in public as smuch and as often as I can and taking pride in what I wear, that's the only way the masses can be one acclimated to freestylers.

Well said JeffB! The more we go out in our outfits, the more we feel more comfortable in them, and the more people are exposed to it. Today I was out in the mall in my platform boots over sknny jeans. I got to the point where I didn't feel any different than anyone else. Btw, my boots are orange. We might not truly like some of the outfits others are wearing on hhp, but I respect the fact that they are bringing something new to the table. When someone dresses the way they want, we see their true self. When its all said and done, my parents still call me weird. I think that's quite a tame word. That might be a compliment. Ashley.

I'm so glad your back again!. We certainly have missed you over the last couple of years. You have been an inspiration to many of us here on HHP. I will be looking, forward for your posts and pics too.

I am glad to be back as well and it is wonderful to hear from you! One of the reasons that I lapsed in posting was that I was unable to keep up with photographs of my outfits. I had gotten a bit too elaborate in my pictures and lost my "studio." However, a good phone camera and knowing how to use it works really well.

BTW, I like your outfits on your recent outings. Because of you and JeffB, I now carry a bag with me when I go out heeling.

Thank you! I have really tried to expand my fashion options. A bag simply became a necessity as I got more and more into different garments such as skirts, dresses and women's pants... No place to carry anything...LOL Then, it just became a fashion accessory that I got hooked on!

And JeffB can get you into a lot of things fashion wise... LOL

I also like to wear bold colors, as you may have seen in some of my posts. Although, I rarely wear skirts, I do wear capris, leggings and cropped, skinny ankle jeans in all sorts of bold colors, that really show off the heels , I'm wearing.

I am really looking forward to getting caught up on your outings. I always enjoy reading about the experience of others and you always provide inspiration to me as well.

Bright colors are one of the fashion trends that I really love and will wear long after they are replaced by something else. I also love the patterns that have appeared as well. I like capris and crops as well, but I find that the recent styles are a bit too short – often looking more like high water pants. I am planning on doing a series of shorts in the near future.

Your point about showing off your heels is a point well taken. I remember that Tech once replied to one of my outfits where I wore a pair of oversized flare jeans with a long hem that it was a shame that I went out hiding a great pair of shoes. And he was right. It was amazing to me that just a few years back that I was so nervous about wearing heels in public that I covered my shoes. Now its all about showing them off!

But ideas like this are a major part of what I have missed from HHPlace!

...Regarding your latest outfit----WOW! That was outstanding! Very bright and colorful! I am impressed with how well you pulled it off, and, more importantly, how casual and comfortable you look as well...

I remember that you would write about how comfortable you were in a skirt. Though I had worn them prior to that, I was still nervous about being “that out there.” But now, I feel very natural in a skirt. In fact, I probably am more comfortable in a skirt than anything else.

Like the sandals too, very sharp! In fact, you've given me an idea or two for a future outfit.

Thank you! They are one of the very best shoes I own. A couple of years back, I went into an Ann Taylor store and they had three pair of shoes in my size – 2 sandals and one pair of pumps – for $20 each! Of course I bought all three pair. I think they retailed for over $150 each. A lucky find to be sure.

As for your observations about watching people watching you, I thought you were spot on about everything you said, because guys like you and I defiantly thumb our noses at convention by wearing women's clothes in public, we confuse the populace (i.e., mess with their heads) who clearly have trouble processing what we do and how choose to dress.

What I find amazing is that it is usually the worst dressed people anyway...LOL

I totally get that we attract attention. There is a certain aspect of exhibitionism that goes with doing what we do. I don't think we do it to attract attention, but we are aware that it will. When I am out, I am acutely aware of that I am outside convention and understand that people will react in various ways, but as you put it, it is fun to mess with people's heads a bit. It always makes me wonder how many people talk about the “guy in a skirt”, etc. when they get home.

However, my other thought is that people “dress to impress,” so to speak all the time. I am sure is a woman was out in any of the outfits I have posted so far, they would also expect to be noticed. Style in my mind is about expressing who you are, and maybe that's what I love about heeling – it is us expressing something more about our inner selves in a pretty bold way.

I find it rather humorous that in this so-called enlightened age where the outrageous and the obscene can be seen as blasé that a man parading around in a skirt and heels can still be considered shocking to some. Surely we're not THAT fantastic! I guess that the old mindset regarding clothing and gender to just too ingrained to be easily dismissed by the masses. But hey, that's their problem, not ours.

You really nailed it there buddy! I always get a kick out of it when somebody with a lot of tattoos or facial piercings or wearing a hockey sweater in July (seems to be a Pittsburgh thing … the season's over Boston won, get over it) overreact when they see me. I make no preconceived judgments about them – what they do is not my thing, but hey as long as it is important to them, why should I care.

The irony is anything that crosses gender boundaries is still a sacred cow. Neither you nor I could ever be considered feminine. Even now, if I am walking at night in street clothes, I hear automatic door locks activated. But there is always the notion that a guy dressing is gay and nothing could be further from the truth. It makes me think that if somebody is wearing biker gear, they must be a criminal, and again it simply isn't true. I could wear a baseball uniform in public all I want, but I still can't hit a curveball. What I think is most amazing is that the people who often make a big deal about it are secretly attracted to it.

Happyfeat, how great to see you here again! I really missed reading your adventures and seeing your photos. It was your adventures that prompted me to take that first plunge into wearing the occasional pair of heels in public (albeit not quite to your level...lol). So great to see you posting again! It appeas that your style has really evolved - much more into full dress it appears. Love those sandals in the second set. You've always had a selection of heels that appeal to my taste. Hope all is well with you!

Great to hear from you Ron! Your posts and support have always meant a great deal to me! Yes, I have really spent a lot of time trying new things. But isn't that what fashion is all about?

Jeff, you're absolutely right. I was having this discussion with Bluejay this morning in an email exchange. We're taught by parents and teachers at an early age that there are two distinct genders, boys and girls. Boys wear X and girls generally wear Y but they can also wear X, too. So people grow up with that social conditioning and when they encounter a male wearing Y, if there is no experience with it, it's shocking. I remember the first time I saw a guy with an earring on. I was shocked. I'd never seen that before. The second time I stared also. By the third time and after, it was no big deal; I'd seen it before and there was a memory experience for it. So people are going to gawk and stare at guys who wear Y because it's different and they've not seen it before. As fashion pioneers, we just need to accept that and move on. The public will get used to it eventually and won't pay attention. Then we'll know we've made progress!

Steve, I had totally forgot about the whole earring thing... Wow, you are right that we have evolved in a lot of ways. In fact, remember when people would say that a straight man wears an earring in the left ear and a gay man wears it in his right ear? Then I remember seeing a football player around 1990 with earrings in both ears. I also remember guys having to remove their earrings in certain situations. Now lots of guys sport the look – from all walks of life. In fact, I have thought about getting my ears pierced as a midlife crisis!

Steve: Quite right, my friend. The way I see things, it's all about mental conditioning. The more people see something, even if its odd or strange, the more conditioned people become to what they see until its no longer odd or strange. I've done my best to help the process along by being out in public as smuch and as often as I can and taking pride in what I wear, that's the only way the masses can be one acclimated to freestylers.

I agree as well Jeff. I often think that we also carry a great responsibility. When I am out, I always make an effort to be on my best behavior. Its far from the same thing, but I always think of Jackie Robinson. I could never imagine his hell, but I do know if he had the courage not to fight back under terrible circumstances, I can let petty behavior go by the wayside. Besides, in the words of Michael Jackson – “I'm a lover not a fighter.”

So with pride and dignity, we do what we do with heads held high! And heels held high as well.

Well said JeffB! The more we go out in our outfits, the more we feel more comfortable in them, and the more people are exposed to it. Today I was out in the mall in my platform boots over sknny jeans. I got to the point where I didn't feel any different than anyone else. Btw, my boots are orange.

We might not truly like some of the outfits others are wearing on hhp, but I respect the fact that they are bringing something new to the table. When someone dresses the way they want, we see their true self.

When its all said and done, my parents still call me weird. I think that's quite a tame word. That might be a compliment.

Ashley, I am really looking forward to reading about your outings, style, etc. From what I have seen I am quite impressed! And yes, weird is quite a complement.

The orange boots sound HOT! I like the look of boots over skinny jeans...but in July? LOL Just keep doin' what you are doin'!

It's great to have you back here posting again HappyFeat, and pleased to see that you are still strutting tall and with style.

Thank you! And I am happy to hear from you old friend!

New Adventure #3 - Tuesday July 23, 2013

What a difference a day makes! One of the things that I have discovered about reflecting on outings is that you really take your mood with you while out. Yesterday, I was distracted by other issues and it led me to be a bit more sensitive. But one thing is for certain - in heels, oxfords, or bare feet, we are all human. However, the place we choose is also important. Though my mood was not up yesterday, the place I chose does attract a slightly less enlightened crowd. Today, my mood is still not as high as it could be, I chose better.

Since I tend to heel a lot in the same places, I also tend to know people in those places. Today, I went to the mall on the west side of the city that I frequent because it is on my commute. It is not one of the higher end neighborhoods, but it is a decent place to go and I know a lot of people there who are always glad to see me. And nothing is more fun than to be in a warm, welcoming environment.

My outfit: Black Ann Taylor top with a white ruffle on the right side; Black and white patterned, form fitting maxi that I bought yesterday at New York and Company; Black and While Nine West "Secretweapon" (strange name for a shoe) open toe, platform, d'Orsay with ankle strap. My bag is from Cache, as is the yellow bracelet I wore for a splash of color.

I love the Macy's at this mall. In the shoe department is a cute African-American lesbian who always helps me out, in between flirting with the customers. I love the women at all the cosmetics counters, though my favorite clerk no longer works there. I usually stop and share anything I bought with them and they all love my outfits. If I was single, I think I would have plenty of opportunity for companionship. In fact, the Chanel counter invited me to their event on Friday and I will likely make an effort to attend. Getting a makeover is always fun!

I usually go into The Limited, where I am well known and have the credit card balance to prove it. The manager was in and I have known her for years. She always brings me about 20 things to try on and model. And she also brings me things on discount. I ended up with a new black sheer maxi, a high low halter dress and a red satin blouse. I may wear the maxi on Friday if I get to go to the Chanel event. Likely with the red blouse.

One of the things that I have found on outings is that the more you frequent a place, and the more comfortable you become, and those who see you, the more acceptance comes with it. Plus you get to make some pretty cool friends. Also, I have found that people interested in fashion are also very positive and supportive.

post-1638-0-83091200-1374643134_thumb.jp

post-1638-0-97315000-1374643150_thumb.jp

With respect, I don't think the people whispering and giggling are doing so in response to the site of a man in women's clothes. They're reacting to your unbelievably bad taste in fashion. Your being a guy just adds to the humor. I mean, kudos on bucking trends and all, but.. really? WTF? It's a shame "What Not to Wear" was canceled. The show focused on women, but If they ever wanted to make over a man in drag, I think you'd have been a prime candidate. After looking at your outfits, all I want to do is sprint to the nearest Men's Warehouse and buy myself a really nice suit. By stark contrast, for anyone wanting to go full femme while still looking like a guy, I think JeffB can serve as an inspiration to us all. At least he knows how to coordinate.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Welcome back Happyfeat! Always loved reading your posts!

Glead to be back! And its great to hear from you.

With respect, I don't think the people whispering and giggling are doing so in response to the site of a man in women's clothes. They're reacting to your unbelievably bad taste in fashion. Your being a guy just adds to the humor. I mean, kudos on bucking trends and all, but.. really? WTF?

Thanks for the kudos and all, but why is it when somebody starts a sentence with “with respect,” a lack of respect is what follows? Just curious and all.

See I am not opposed to criticism. Actually, I appreciate constructive criticism. I have leaned a lot from others on this site and have appreciated it. However, what follows is neither constructive nor respectful:

It's a shame "What Not to Wear" was canceled. The show focused on women, but If they ever wanted to make over a man in drag, I think you'd have been a prime candidate. After looking at your outfits, all I want to do is sprint to the nearest Men's Warehouse and buy myself a really nice suit.

My comments, and the discussion that followed, were about people's behavior was about the behavior, not the fact that I am doing what I do. I am well aware that I stand out. I know a lot of guys write about blending in, but I prefer to stand out. So, I am just amazed that people take special pleasure in passing judgment behind a whisper and think they are being all cool about it. It is just easier to experience when being out there.

As for your comments on my fashion sense and style (or lack there of) I think the most wonderful thing about style is eliciting a strong response, either positive or negative. Even if you hate them, they caused you to post a response for the first time in a while to this board. Obviously, I have gotten that in your comment, which is well taken, believe it or not. You don't have to like it, and that's fine by me. But it did bring a response, so you prove the rule.

My advice is to stay tuned. I am currently experimenting with some new things. If you followed my older stuff, I also do more conservative looks that you may find more appealing (or more appalling).

By stark contrast, for anyone wanting to go full femme while still looking like a guy, I think JeffB can serve as an inspiration to us all. At least he knows how to coordinate.

I agree that JeffB is a true role model! We all owe him a lot for his outstanding efforts.

On with today's outing!

New Adventure #4 - Wednesday July 24, 2013

Today, I had lunch a friend who is starting her own salon and I am doing some computer work for her. We met at a local place for and had an extended conversation. People were all very nice. I did get a handfull of complements from other patrons and the waitress loved the skirt! I was more casual today, but I kept with the maxi skirt theme.

My Outfit: Khaki and blue stripped Banana Republic tank, blue The Limited maxi with a nice slit, and Carlos Santana cork platform wedge sandals, snake pattered leather with a cool zipper detail.

Usually I am not crazy about wedges and don't find them terribly flattering, but they do have a place in the wardrobe. Its funny, women seem to love them on me!

post-1638-0-92731400-1374723499_thumb.jp

Great outfits, HappyFeat. I love your sense of style. Thanks for the comments about my pics and posts, too. Like I said earlier, we're all glad to have you back again! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Thanks for the kudos and all, but why is it when somebody starts a sentence with “with respect,” a lack of respect is what follows?

Good point. Sorry...

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I have got to say I totally respect your dignity, Happy. Honestly, I would not have handled those comments nearly as well. You are truly the boss... I don't care if that sounds like a complete kiss-ass comment, but seriously, that was friggen impressive dude.

Welcome back HappyFeat. It's amazing how you've gone from cautiously hiding your heels to wearing bold and bright looks so confidently. As for those wedges I think they look fabulous with the blue maxi skirt. I wonder if wedge heels are respected more because they express dressing for fashion and to please yourself, whereas stilletos have the unfortunate stereotype of dressing to please men (which often couldn't be further from the truth). It's seems like wearing wedges is a seal of approval that you're wearing heels for the "right" reasons (i.e. because you love them, not to please other people).

If you like it, wear it.

With respect, I don't think the people whispering and giggling are doing so in response to the site of a man in women's clothes. They're reacting to your unbelievably bad taste in fashion. Your being a guy just adds to the humor. I mean, kudos on bucking trends and all, but.. really? WTF?

It's a shame "What Not to Wear" was canceled. The show focused on women, but If they ever wanted to make over a man in drag, I think you'd have been a prime candidate. After looking at your outfits, all I want to do is sprint to the nearest Men's Warehouse and buy myself a really nice suit.

By stark contrast, for anyone wanting to go full femme while still looking like a guy, I think JeffB can serve as an inspiration to us all. At least he knows how to coordinate.

Enlighten us. What would you do different.

Your post offers no constructive element. It seems the only purpose for it is to bring another down.

Kind of goes along the lines of if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Glead to be back! And its great to hear from you.

Not all that crazy about guys in skirts, not that's just me. But you made it look great! Finally, another person who likes high street fashion. Keep up. The good work.

Thanks for the kudos and all, but why is it when somebody starts a sentence with “with respect,” a lack of respect is what follows? Just curious and all.

See I am not opposed to criticism. Actually, I appreciate constructive criticism. I have leaned a lot from others on this site and have appreciated it. However, what follows is neither constructive nor respectful:

My comments, and the discussion that followed, were about people's behavior was about the behavior, not the fact that I am doing what I do. I am well aware that I stand out. I know a lot of guys write about blending in, but I prefer to stand out. So, I am just amazed that people take special pleasure in passing judgment behind a whisper and think they are being all cool about it. It is just easier to experience when being out there.

As for your comments on my fashion sense and style (or lack there of) I think the most wonderful thing about style is eliciting a strong response, either positive or negative. Even if you hate them, they caused you to post a response for the first time in a while to this board. Obviously, I have gotten that in your comment, which is well taken, believe it or not. You don't have to like it, and that's fine by me. But it did bring a response, so you prove the rule.

My advice is to stay tuned. I am currently experimenting with some new things. If you followed my older stuff, I also do more conservative looks that you may find more appealing (or more appalling).

I agree that JeffB is a true role model! We all owe him a lot for his outstanding efforts.

On with today's outing!

New Adventure #4 - Wednesday July 24, 2013

Today, I had lunch a friend who is starting her own salon and I am doing some computer work for her. We met at a local place for and had an extended conversation. People were all very nice. I did get a handfull of complements from other patrons and the waitress loved the skirt! I was more casual today, but I kept with the maxi skirt theme.

My Outfit: Khaki and blue stripped Banana Republic tank, blue The Limited maxi with a nice slit, and Carlos Santana cork platform wedge sandals, snake pattered leather with a cool zipper detail.

Usually I am not crazy about wedges and don't find them terribly flattering, but they do have a place in the wardrobe. Its funny, women seem to love them on me!

Your post offers no constructive element. It seems the only purpose for it is to bring another down.

Kind of goes along the lines of if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

You're right. I said nothing positive. I'm an asshole. If I could, I'd delete the damn thing.

HappyFeat, my apologies.

SandalFan, You're not an asshole. You just spoke without thinking things through. We've all done that. Ok, you made a bad decision. We all agree your post had no great merit, but it did provide a learning experience. I'm proud of you for apologizing. That took guts and you did the right thing. And both HappyFeat's and Shafted's responses were cool and not inflammatory. Now let's all shake hands (so to speak) and move on. HappyFeat, this thread is yours, so back to you. Keep posting, and we'll critique constructively. Steve

SandalFan,

You're not an asshole. You just spoke without thinking things through. We've all done that. Ok, you made a bad decision. We all agree your post had no great merit, but it did provide a learning experience. I'm proud of you for apologizing. That took guts and you did the right thing. And both HappyFeat's and Shafted's responses were cool and not inflammatory. Now let's all shake hands (so to speak) and move on. HappyFeat, this thread is yours, so back to you. Keep posting, and we'll critique constructively.

Steve

I second Steve's remark. The fact that you apologized say oodles about your character.

I tend to agree with you on the wedges, Happy. I am not a big fan either, though I must admit that they are somewhat easier to walk in than traditional heels. If my observations are correct, it seems that wedges are, by an overwhelming majority, the style of choice for women. That's about all you see women wearing in my area other than flats or sport shoes. A stiletto sighting is an event to remember...lol. So my guess is that women comment more on the wedges because that is what they prefer to wear themselves. Just an observation in any event. So glad to have you back! You're at a level to which I do not aspire, but certainly do respect!

I'll be honest. When I first saw what you were wearing, I blew Mountain Dew through my nose and all over my screen! It takes a HUGE set of balls to go out dressed like that and I commend you for doing so!

The thing about a lot of it is.. YOU at least have the stones to put something on.. doesnt matter what it is, and go out and about. At least75% of those reading what you wrote are worried about their wives finding out they own a pair of heels, heaven forbid they might wear them.. heaven forbid someone might ' find out '..

To me, it doesnt matter that I think your outfit in the picture might look kinda like one of those junkie hippies from the 70's. Your wearing what YOU wish to wear and dont have any problems with it. Why should anyone else?

Strut as you choose.

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I'm impressed with you! You handle yourself very well when others tell you how to dress. I'm the opposite, I take it very personal and get angry. I wish I was more like you. Btw, I like the assessories(nott spelled right, I known dumb blonde)you display. Watch! Bangles, necklace, choker, etc. Makes everything go together very well. But I think the yellow purse clashes too much. I love your white and black peep-toe pumps in the last pic. Just amazing. I'd wear them with the right outfit. Keep bringing us more. Its starting to feel like fashion week around HHP.