Heels are GOOD for you?!

Driver8

Bob:-) Please re-check my post of Monday, February 23, 2004---posted at 7:05 A.M. previously. Two days out of surgery, I was back into my 4" heels on a daily basis and I can attest to the fact that wearing in moderation speeded up the healing and strengthening process in that knee to where it is now stronger than the non-operated knee which now has taken over as the weakest of the two. Go figure!!! I'd say in this case---heels are definately good for you. :D Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stilettofan:-) How come I can't find a therapist to prescribe wearing heels as posted above??? That might solve a lot of questions ask during "Street-heeling". I can see it all now--- "Why are you wearing ladies high heeled shoes?" "My therapist prescribed that I must wear high heels every day to improve my medical condition","and here is the proof" "Un-huhhhh"! It sure would be great to get a new pair of heels every once-in-a-while and have my medical provider pay for them. HEE! HEE! What a fertile imagination I have? Dawn HH :D

Stilettofan:-)

How come I can't find a therapist to prescribe wearing heels as posted above??? That might solve a lot of questions ask during "Street-heeling".

Dawn HH,

I'm afraid I won't find one either. Over here in Germany you now have to pay 10 Euros as sort of an entrance fee just to visit the doctor in order to cut down on the deficit of health insurance. So I don't assume they're gonna prescribe heels... :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Why, other than to provide you with an convenient excuse for telling someone why you wear high heels, would you expect a doctor to bring up the subject of wearing heels to a male in connection to back pain. Most doctors prefer to cure pain with pills. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heels good for us???? Actually guys and gals, if all we raving shoe fetishists are really, really, really honest with ourselves, we all ought to admit that high heels are not not really and truly good for any of us. They're very, very bad for us! They thrust the foot into a most unnatural of positions. They also thrust the legs, knees, pelvis, spine and entire posture into a most unnatural position. If they help the back problems of the odd lucky wearer, then they certainly cause more back problems than they solve. And that's without considering the corns, bunions, blisters, toe-burn, sprained (and broken) ankles, shortened tendons and Morton's Neuroma (trapped foot nerves) that they cause. But never mind, they're just GREAT aren't they. They are just GREAT! Nay, the only word for it is absolutely FANTASTIC! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Stilettofan:-) I'm sure you realize my little story was an attempt at humor and in jest. We all know that the health insurance providers will not prescribe or pay for heels under any circumstances. It was a fleeting, fanciful thought. The U.S.A. is in an election year and every-one has their own idea of a health care program simply as a means to get elected into office. They all say it will be for the betterment of us the citizens of the U.S.A., but we all know that they want us to pay a lot more out of our own pocket just so they can say---"See--- we gave you a better health plan than the other party, and kept the costs down". I've always said this and the older I get the more I believe that I'm right---"There isn't a dimes difference between the Democrats and the Republicans in this country". After the election is over they all conveniently forget their campaign promises and do what ever they darn well please to get themselves re-elected the next time. Time to step down from my soap-box for now. Cheers--- :D Dawn HH

Bubba136:-) I certainly don't need an excuse to tell anybody that I wear high heels, and I know that doctors cure pain with pills. Sometimes I'm a bit like Laurieheels where my mind wants to appear to be in a funny or humorous mood and I like to poke fun at something and after a chuckle, things get back to normal, (or as normal as they can get for me). The doctor prescribed pills have helped me along, and the high heels have helped tremendously where the pills haven't. I have lived with pain for most of my daily life and any way that I can ease it is fine with me. :D:D Dawn HH

Heelfan:-) I must admit that all you have said about high heels may be and probably is true in most cases, but I'M WITH YOU!!! For me, they are GREAT and FANTASTIC and SUPERB, and they certainly do the JOB!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 6 years later...

Heels are bad for you !

I thought I would resurrect this thread with a little story.

I had been wearing heels all afternoon and, as usual, was walking around on tiptoe after taking them off in the house.

Organising the laundry, I was wandering around upstairs with a full laundry basket. The cat took it into his head to chase a shirt sleeve hanging from the basket just as I was about to descend the stairs.

..... so I turned around to remonstrate and put my heels down. Unfortunately I was at the edge of the top stair and my heels were above fresh air. This was unexpected, and I was only prevented from doing a back-flip downstairs by frantic extension of my elbows to snag the stair rail.

It sounds silly, but the paranoid among us would say that I averted a broken neck. That would not be fun if you can't feel your feet in a wheelchair !

Xa

The less paranoid of us (that also have cats) would just think you mishap, though unfortunate, was just par for the course for cat owners. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

My cat is very loving. But when he sees me wearing high heels, he avoids me and he stares at my shoes. I hve never stepped on him or tripped over him while wearing high heels. He won't even come to eat until I take them off.:)

My cat is very loving. But when he sees me wearing high heels, he avoids me and he stares at my shoes. I hve never stepped on him or tripped over him while wearing high heels. He won't even come to eat until I take them off.:)

Probably views them as claws and you being mad at him.

Heels are bad for you !

The cat took it into his head to chase a shirt sleeve hanging from the basket just as I was about to descend the stairs.

Xa

You need to sit your cat down and remind him that whilst he has 9 lives you only have 1.

I am sure that will avoid any further problems like this in the future.

The angels have the phonebox.