Heels are GOOD for you?!

Driver8

I could understand what Gene was on about as I suspect could most people. We could summarise by saying women are more likely to wear a higher heel with less training, though I think this is refering to the 6" + fetish range or ballets. Whereas men can wear moderate to high heels with less damage and likely greater endurance.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Firefox! In two of your admirably short postings, you've managed to say what Gene took hosts of long sentences and long words to say. My "Huh?" (and I think Dr. Shoe's "Eh?") were meant not so much to display lack of interest but to encourage Firefox's sort of concise, to-the-point, plain-English postings. I also agree with Dr. Shoe's point about considering the psychological differences between men and women regarding heel-wearing. There are exceptions of course, but to many women heels can be a "Take-it-or-leave-it" fashion frippery that is no big deal whether they wear or not, whereas most men wear heels because they are DRIVEN by fetishism/obsession/cd urges/freestyling etc., causing them to work at conquering their anatomical difficulties of wearing heels in a much more determined and long-term way than many women. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I find that when I wear 4 inch plus heel my back does not hurt near as much, when I wear tennis shoes or even my cowboy boots. Glad I found this web site !!! My new Years thing is to be more open to public wearing of heels. I like spike heels more than the block style.

As far as i'm concerned most scientific experiments are just gossip to either put people off / stop buying goods / this is linked with illness but we never EVER seem to see the proof.

You only live once & that life should be lived to the full whatever race, gender,fetishes you have.

It's also a shame that the world is like it is & if you decide as a male you want to wear skirts & heels you are automatically put into rejection without anyone questioning why you do it or how it makes you feel / how much better your day could be

I couldn't agree with you both less and more! Less on the first part, more on the second.

You're absolutely right - we should be able to wear whatever we want without feeling like we have to conform to society, nor feeling like society rejects us for being different.

A couple of months ago I went for a stroll in St. Louis, around the arch. Loved it! And received more stares from the ten people that I saw there than I ever get from the hundreds of thousands along the streets in Vegas.

Hphewlett:-) I have always liked the looks and the feel of spiked heels and I wore them for years, but no more at my age. Thank goodness that we can purchase chunky heels to use in our street-heeling. BTW---congratulations on joining our forum. I, for one, will be looking to read your postings. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

gene wrote:

A couple of months ago I went for a stroll in St. Louis, around the arch. Loved it! And received more stares from the ten people that I saw there than I ever get from the hundreds of thousands along the streets in Vegas.

This is not surprising. My experience with southerners and mid-westerners is that they are usually much more "conservative" in taste, actions and dress than the more sophisticated clientele that populates and frequents Las Vegas.

Same way with some of my clients that live in the more rural parts ("Dukes of Hazare" type communities) of South Carolina and Georgia. While Charleston and Savannah are higher up on the sophisticaton scale, some of the smaller communities like Summerville and Monks Corner are still buried in the "long past."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I know what you mean, there are communities like those here too. However, I find it easier to get away with wearing avante garde styles because the locals just seem to assume that these are the styles that Londoners are wearing! :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

wow! Here their is a saying about people that are so "out of touch" with mainstreem happenings. It goes something like this: They "must live in plum nearly -- plumb out'a(=out of) the country and nearly out'a the world." :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

I haven't worn highheels since,

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=2786

But eventough I was young when I last wore highheels, it was overly clear that wearing highheels for a long time without resting tends to make tou feet tired or sore.

Healthy or not, one conclusion can already be made: In order to avoid tired or sore feet, legs or knees, a varied wear of shoes is healtier. I don't believe that wearing highheels all time without end can even remotely be healhty. The mere fact of wearing flat shoes can't possibly be healhty.

I think it's like alcohol, wear with moderation and in this case also with variation.

You may doubt my judgement as I haven't worn highheels since I, well quite frankly, was a just kid. This is just a portion of good reason.

cjveritas:-) Some of this information I have posted under various other topics on the "High Heel Forum" and can be found quite easily with a little "surfing", but I'll relate quickly here for a "new-by". High heels ARE good for you if you practice a little moderation and variation in their use. I wear panties and pantyhose 24/7 under my male clothes to work daily. When arriving home, I change into my heels and women's boot-cut jeans depending whether I'll be around the house or shopping or street-heeling with the wife. I am also a cross-dresser and all of my heeled pumps or boots have a heel between 3" and 4" to be used daily for the afore-mentioned uses above. I really like the looks and feel of knee-high boots wth flared jeans and use them year around. There-fore, I am in "sneekers" (trainers) half of the day and in heels the other half of the day. I have no pain in my legs, knees, and ankles from the heel wearing, and can instantly go from heels to flats and back instantly. Maybe this can give your some personal background to boost your previous posting. Cheers--- :D:D Dawn HH

cjveritas:-) Right, you are. Different needs and different standards. Especially in the High Heel Forum. These people will be very friendly of any of your special needs, and help you along if need be, a very tight-knit world-wide family. BTW---We have a few members besides yourself who reside in Belgium. The member-list will provide additional information, also. Keep posting and enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Heels are definitely good for you

A couple of afternoons ago, I was working in the garden in dirty clothes and heavy boots.

When it went dark, I had tea and relaxed in front of the fire. OK, thought I, time to try out that new blood-pressure monitor I bought. People may know the type of thing I'm talking about .... a small box which attaches to your wrist with a velcro cuff and automatically makes a measurement at the press of a button.

Anyway the result was 134/95 mmHg and a heart rate of 66 .... borderline hypertension .... OH BALLS.

The next day I went shopping in Western Ranch 5" heels and returned home for lunch. I changed into the Fuss 5" courts to make lunch. While lunch was cooking, I did the crossword on my bed in my shoe room (actually my bedroom, but there are always lots of shoes around the place). Time for another try with the blood pressure machine 124/77 mmHg and heart rate of 60.

Now that's more like it for a 47 year-old guy.

OK, I'm not dying yet, so I'll have a beer with my lunch.

Xa

Maybe if I could convince my wife of the blood pressure reducing effects of heels, she'd accept it more. As my BP was 185/97 about a year or so ago, I'm on tablets at the tender age of 35. If heels can do this for Xaphod, maybe I should try it more often ?? Worth a try :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Daz:-) What you say about the pain in your back going away while wearing heels is true not only of my back but of many of my other joints inflicted with Arthritis. There is no cure for the disease, but the pain can be kept to a minimum with medication, at least in my case. I have had this condition for most of my life as it was past on to me from my Mom through heredity. I don't know for sure why this happens, but when I have my high heels on, the pain gets less intense and sometimes goes away completely until I change out of my heels and it comes back again. My idea of this is such--- The cartilage and cushions between the bones are attacked by the arthritis and eaten away over time to allow a constant bone to bone contact causing pain. When wearing high heels--- a new cartilage position is in use, there-fore there is no bone to bone rubbing against each other and no pain. I'm not a doctor or do I have any scientific foundation for this. I only know what works for me. Possibly this may also work for you when your back improves while wearing your heels. Dawn HH :D

....... As my BP was 185/97 about a year or so ago, I'm on tablets at the tender age of 35....... :D

Ouch, that's scary.

Shyguy, please do all that is necessary to get those numbers down.

OK, I put up the post partly as a joke, but partly to note that doing something you really enjoy can relax you. A consequence of this relaxation is a lowering of blood pressure and heart rate.

Having done some more experiments with the BP monitor, I find that the numbers vary with the time of day and what you have been doing previously. The numbers for resting performance can vary +/- 10mmHg quite easily.

I hope I'm not turning into a hypochondriac, but I used to say, not entirely in jest,

worrying too much about your health will make you ill.

Xa

xaphod:-) Two weeks ago, I had an appointment with my heart doctor to monitor a racing heart-beat of 95 at rest, plus a very high BP. I just had a follow-up today which showed a BP of 165/62, and a heart rate of 65. Not only can heels be good for you, but in my case, a change in medication also helped. All it takes is an oil change and a new pair of heels, Hee! Hee! :D Dawn HH

shyguy says:-) So any tips on medicinal heels Dawn HH? HEE! HEE! That's a good one. My heart doctor IS a woman and since I haven't seen her wearing any heels in the office, (MUCH LESS MEDICINAL HEELS), I can't answer that question. I can tell you this---she is a very good heart doctor and she is keeping my heart tuned up nicely, (no pun intended). One thing for sure---a new pair of heels is good medicine for a girl any time. Dawn HH

Heels are bad for you

I mentioned that there are normally quite a few heels on my bedroom floor.

I woke up in the night to go to the toilet, and stood on a stiletto that had fallen on its side. The problem was that this had a metal tip which had worn to a very sharp edge out on the street.

Result .... one cut foot.

Xa

Hey Xaphod, don't blame the heels if you're not taking proper care of them and leaving them lying around :D Hope the cut foot don't stop your heeling :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Xaphod:-) Very sorry to hear about your cut foot---I hope it isn't cut too bad! With time---that too will pass. Suggestion---place your pair of heeled slippers next to the bed so when you slide your legs over the side your feet will automatically slide into your slippers and provide you safe passage to the bathroom in the dark. Don't have a pair of heeled slippers? One more reason to go shopping. YIPPEE!!! :D Dawn HH

Xaphod I have no symapathy what so ever it was self inflicted, just like sunburn. But if you had worn heels to bed just like sunburn cream that would have been a different matter all together. :D Jeff

I've done the same thing, xaphod. Not to the point of actually cutting my foot. But, it is a problem when getting out of bed in the dark. After stepping on one of my high heeled shoes in the dark, I now put them under the edge of the bed when I take them off before climbing in. It works for me. :D

In the past I suffered from knee pain and had to go to the physiotherapis regulary, she often asked me what sort of exercise I liked to take and mentioned that I regularly went walking. She said that If I were a woman she would recommend walking I (moderate) heels as this could be good for knee problems as it could help strenghten the muscles in the knee. We got to talking and I said that if I was brave enough perhaps I could do as she said and I remember her saying that because men have stronger bones and ligaments they were in many ways better suited to wearing heels than women If I remember correctly she recommended block type heels of 2 1/2" - 3" in height and not wearing them all the time thus maintaining muscle and ligament flexibility so the moral of the story, heels worn in moderation are good for both men and women, but like many things, too extreme and too much of a good thing can be bad for you

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Bubba136:-) Your idea of placing your shoes under the edge of the bed sounds like a good idea for you, but may not work for me. Our dog sleeps under our bed and sometimes takes some of her toys to bed with her. I'm sure she would have both the toys and my heels scattered around and I probably would end up stepping on them anyways. She doesn't sleep very lady-like and things tend to get scattered pretty good. I use the method of placing my heels either beside the chair or under the chair. Since my toes have a tendency to find chair legs and bed legs in the dark, this solves more than one problem. I have broken toes more than once in the dark and dancing on one foot while holding the other foot in the air while screaming "bloody murder" tends to wake the wife up in a hurry in the middle of the night and she certainly isn't too happy about that. It works for me!!! :D Dawn HH