Straps On Sandal Cutting Into Toes

freestyle75

Question

Hi everyone,

I was wearing my Fendi sandals this weekend - first time I wore them for a full day to go on a shopping spree downtown.

These are my beauties (photo taken when I had got them fresh out of the box):

Posted Image

Now... while walking in the city, I already noticed that the strap that is on top of the toes (marked with the Fendi symbol) does cut into my big toe. Interestingly, only on the right foot. I gritted my teeth, and finished my shopping trip.

Back at home, I found the upper skin of my big toe (right foot) had rubbed off and exposed the underlying, dark red skin - short of starting to bleed. It will probably take a week or two to heal completely. Left foot - nothing.

I really like those sandals and do want to wear them again - I just wonder how to deal with that? Put protective bandages around my toe before putting these sandals on? Do you have any recommendations?

3 answers to this question

If they are still new they may need breaking in/stretching. Wear them for a little while then take them off. Toe bandages are also good. Most people have one foot bigger than the other, so while one shoe is comfortable the other can cause problems..

If it's only bothering one foot, hh4ever is probably right, just break them in. They appear to be leather and fabric at the strap so you might be able to stretch them out with one of those shoe stretchers, just be gentle because of the fabric. I've also stretched out heels (cheap synthetic ones) with a a ziploc bag of water in the freezer. (I stuffed the whole lot in another plastic bag so my family wouldn't flip out, lol.) You might also try wearing them just for short periods of time so you both smooth out the strap and build up your skin a little where it rubs. They are such a lovely purple, it would be a shame to give up on them :D:rose: xo Sangue

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net