Wedge Shoe On A Lady? Ugh!

http://www.loop21.com/start/your-boyfriend-hates-your-shoes

For a second, I thought the title stated that "men disliked wedge shoes the most", to which I would have wholeheartedly DEBUNKED! <3 wedges with a passion!

Instead, apparently we hate the wedge heels on the ladies' feet. Accordingly to the site, right next to the disliking of Uggs and Crocs, 'which is understandable'. But why wedges?

Doesn't matter the heel to me. A shoe is a shoe, and it looks damn lovely on the other foot as it may on ours. Still, why wedges, particularly? Can anyone shed light on this?

Formally "HHDude"

I think it's the whole petite feet thing. A wedge is just one of the designs that add visible bulk to the foot.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I lot of women wear wedges because they can't walk in real pumps. I've seen a ton of women who can't walk in heels. Wedges aren't too bad looking. A lot better than flipflops! Nobody wants to see someones fred flintstone feet!

I lot of women wear wedges because they can't walk in real pumps. I've seen a ton of women who can't walk in heels. Wedges aren't too bad looking. A lot better than flipflops! Nobody wants to see someones fred flintstone feet!

It's all psychological. The is absolutely no difference between walking in a stiletto and a slender heel wedge. If you have no problem with one the other shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.. The walking dynamics is exactly the same.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I also like wedges but I only like the sandal style, I still have a couple of pairs I bought in the 70's in blue and brown. Boots courts (pumps) with a wedge a no no for me. Women look good in wedge sandals.

life is not a rehearsal

What do men know/ And what do we care? It's not like we wear them for you.

I think we happen to know what looks good on a woman better then they do. We may not be able to explain it, but when we see it, we know it. Even if only for the simplest reason that you look at yourself only briefly in a mirror while we look at you all the time.

I also happen to think that the reverse is also true, that women know better then men what looks good on them.

How many time have you seen a lady out and about in stupid shorts or very short skirt and flip flops, and I think to myself out of all the clothes you have on offer and various shoe styles you have, you did not look in the mirror before leaving home did you and you don't give a dam what you look like. It really annoys me.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...

I like wedgie sandals, either on a gal or a guy, I think they look just fine. The wife and I both have several pair that we wear quite often.

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF, I totally agree. My wife and I both wear wedges . I happen to think wedges look great on her. I love wearing them as they are easier to walk in on grassy and uneven ground. Wedges are a great go too shoe for anyone. I do miss the leather T strap sandal wedges from the 70's with the woven details in the vamp.( hard to find in a size 12 women's) Please do not get me wrong all style heels have a place and time to be worn.

What I don't see much anymore in toronto is women wearing wedge boots. It seems they go from flipflops to wedge sandals to flat soled tall boots to ugg(ugly)boots. I can say that because a have a pair. Don't tell anybody! I used to hate wedges, but I love them now.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally adore wedges as they afford height, add a certain amount of style, but are very stable in situations where one will be walking across a variety of surfaces. I like them on women and I like them on myself as Steve63130 will attest. I will wear stiletto heels if I am fairly sure of where I will be walking. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

It's all psychological. The is absolutely no difference between walking in a stiletto and a slender heel wedge. If you have no problem with one the other shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.. The walking dynamics is exactly the same.

I can't agree with 'EXACTLY" the same. The lack of the empty space between the heel tip and the sole found on regular high heels makes going up & down stairs with narrow treads or a high/tall distance between stair treads or an overall steep angle to the entire staircase, a sometimes iffy proposition. The lack of that empty space has prevented an unscheduled, very rapid descent. With wedges on stairs, I don't have to focus so intently on precise foot placement on each stair tread. Over the years I've taken 3 "headers" down stairs in regular heels (fortunately only missed the last two or three steps)....never in wedges. Maybe some of you have had similar experiences? UpBy5

I wouldn't notice that as I tend to ascend stair on my toes. Descending is another matter. If the steps are narrow you need to side step.

Be very careful on stairs - in heel and wedgies. Years ago, when I was new at heeling, the wife and I were out dining at a nice place. I was wearing a pair of thongs with a 2 inch heel. As we were going to the table, we had to go down some carpeted stairs. About half way down I caught my heel on the carpets edge, and almost went down the stairs "the hard way." Fortunately I caught myself, but it was a scary experience. Ever since then I go slow, am aware of my foot placement and hold onto or am near a railing, just in case. The best part, I don't think anyone noticed!! whew.... Take care all... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I love to see wedges on woman. As for some of their other choices I can't imagine Why in the world anyone would wear, much pay money for, some of the other ugly Shoes they wear. Like those cloth slip on shoes . Come on. If you think the shoes will look good with you naked, then they look good. Oh I'm gonna hear it for that one.