Highlife - Advice/suggestions needed on how to get them on!!

e.g. http://www.bananashoes.com/en-us/p_608.html

I've recently bought a pair of US10/UK8 which are far too big and then a pair of US9/UK7 which 'initially' seem too small, but there's a definite 'sticking point': From the waist i.e. where the ball of the foot should go (where the swelling at the inner side of the foot where the big toe joins the head of the first metatarsal bone), to the tip of the point appears to be a virtual triangle allowing little space for the 'ball' itself.

I can get them on, at a squeeze, but the ball of my foot remains at the bottom of the shank (not quite into the vamp). However, this means that although my big toe is ok, I appear to be standing on the tip of my little toe which is quite painful. If only I could squeeze it a little further in.

I've tried talcum powder and 'hose' (my newly invented universal word for 'stockings OR tights OR pop-socks etc.), but would rather go 'commando' in the foot-department.

Has anyone had the same trouble? Has anyone got any good suggestions?

Three things come to mind. Either your foot is not flexible enough to fill in the empty space between the vamp and shank (that's if you just starting wearing high heels). Put them away and keep wearing other heels until you foot tones up (shrinks) in where you will drop a half a size to a full size. Or, you need a half size bigger, this is where I am betting on. If no half size is available you might have to modify or stretch them depending how much of a squeeze it takes to get your foot in. A: Since it's a man made material you are going to have to use some heat to soften the material to get it to stretch. I have played a little bit stretching pointed toes shoes but not much success to brag about. :D or........ B: Get the larger size and have a cobbler/your self add straps to the shoe to prevent your foot from sliding. Last but not least, send them back and just keep looking for a custom made pair or one that will be in a half size you need.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Try using a shoehorn at the vamp of the shoe in the problem area OR take them to a repairshop and have the offending area stretched.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Hoverfly - Normal 7” heels don’t pose a problem for me, so never thought these would. You could be right about foot flexibility but I’d like to think not. As for size, there’s that darned US to UK conversion guess needed which drives me nuts. I originally went for a US10/UK8 to be on the safe side but as you know they turned out too large. I can honestly say I’ve never noticed anyone selling US half sizes. I’ll have to bear that in mind. Thank you.

There’s no way I’m stretching them without my foot, or getting them altered (or heaven forbid - doing it myself!). They’re just so darned gorgeous as they are! I might part with the larger sized ones if I get lucky with the smaller ones, but wild horses wouldn’t persuade me to send the latter ones back! If I could wish then, I’d have made them MORE pointed at the toes!

Anita - I’ll try the shoe-horn at the vamp, but I think the problem lies a little further inside the shoe to be of any real help. Plus they’re wonderfully tight…little room for much…including my toes.

Robert - WOW! What can I say! I’ve tried using the search facility on the site, but for some reason find it very frustrating to use. I don’t know why I didn’t think someone may have had similar problems to me, before, that were available.

Ages, and ages ago, I remember reading an article from someone asking if anyone knew where they could buy heels from that “bent at the toe rather than at the ball of the foot”. I thought it was in Patent Letter, but I’ve just quickly looked them back and can’t see it jumping out at me. Anyway, I’d always lusted after a pair, since reading it, and searched everywhere for them. I believe the person thought they were from South America (or somewhere like that). But I never found a pair. The closest I ever got to seeing someone with what I thought was being described was in a picture that I now use as my avatar (right-click properties to find the source location and a larger picture if you’re as intrigued as me!). I’d love to own a pair of those! Well, imagine my surprise, after reading the information in your links, to discover they are that type of shoe! And I never even associated the two before! Thank you. They were a great insight.

Cinthy - Yes, I’ve done the same before. I once ordered a EU41 and received an EU40 as I was told they came up large, which I thought was a very decent thing to do. However, I still found them slightly large. Ordering over the internet seems plagued with this type of thing.

I desperately want a pair from “6 inch heels forever” as they seem to size their shoes on foot length. Surely there seems little room for confusion here (Mmm?). Has anyone purchased any yet? Any experiences/comments? Anyone considered getting together and doing a bulk order?

Stylettos - Hey! How you doing? Glad to see you keeping an eye on me seeing as I was the one who coaxed you into this forum. Your site’s gone a little quiet lately. Any news? Incidentally, the shoes are very well made, and extremely UNcomfortable…just the way I like them (although in this case they’re a little painful which isn’t what I was after). I love my feet being bent , contorted, squeezed, crushed and uncompromising when it comes to heels. What’s the point in getting a pair that are unbelievably comfortable? I’ve got trainers for that! How about letting us see some UNcomfortable shoes on your site? I am not happy unless I’m hobbling.

Finally..

GrayLion - Thank you…perhaps I need to persevere more.

I think I’m going to try the Kleenex thing next. I’ll let you all know how I get on.

Thanks for all the input and sorry for the long note, but didn’t want to leave any of you out. You’ve all been wonderful.

6 Inch Heels Forever Supper Arch shoes are not numbered in European sizing they are actually Chinese!!! :( Oh no not another one.....Go figure, Uh?? :D How ever they have a measurement listing for foot length to match up with sizing. Acourding to their list their bigist size will not fit me, a U.S. F 13. :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Thanks for your answer. Actually I didn't notice that you were the same person that first promoted my web site on this forum, coaxing me here.

But that's true! Does anybody else remember?

Some new virtual heels - work in progress

Maybe it's just telepathy.

My website is gone quiet but it's just "quiet before the storm", as an italian poet once said.

Due to positive feedback, I'm trying to develope my graphic project into a real footwear brand. I'm quite satisfied by the first samples I've done till now. You'll see them very soon. That's why I'm so involved in topics like this.

I don't like very much those highlife shoes, and those brazilian models in general. They look cheap to me. I usually prefer heels around 4"-5", but there is something better also in this 6"-7" heels range.

I understand your point of view about hobbling. Personally I prefer a style that one could wear not only in a bedroom, but also to go to a party or even to go shopping. I like to see women hobbling everywhere all day and night.

My idea is to build a bridge somewhere between fashion world and fetish world. I don't claim this idea is new, just have a look at the best designers and you'll see what I mean.

• 4 months later...

@007 I got myself a pair of those and ordered one size up as you would normally expect for pumps at that heel height to run a bit smaller than specified. Actually, I noticed they were one size too large when I got them. And I'd say even in my correct size they're gonna fit well! CU! -Mike