First Time Out

lovespikes

Well i finally took my first steps out in public. it felt great although i was nervous, i went out to a tesco late at night. i was going for some munchies! I got some looks of the staff but i wasnt bothered. i even asked where some stuff was. when i turned round i could see the assistan had called someone else over to see. i was wearing my pleaser 5" pumps. god i should have done that along time ago

Congrats on your first outing. Yea, as you found out people are gonna look and wonder. But never fear, they are just loading new drivers and rebooting.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks guys, will deffo be doing it again. altho supermarket floors can be a bit tricky! A wee bitty slidey with spikes on. i didnt make a fool of myself, had it all under control

Thanks DR Shoe and Sleekheels. I say it was late at night but really it was around 23.30 so there was still people kicking around, and still a bit of natural light. I think I need to work on my confidence before going out in a crowded public place! but I will get there one day, maybe not in 5" to start with

Tesco staff stare at anyone that time of night. ?. They are trying to stay awake :P These are only shelf-stacking worker bees, so don't worry... I took a late night skirted trip (wearing pencil skirt and flats) and went to buy some bread... some of the staff were as excitable as chimpanzees but I paid them no mind :wink:

At first I thought "first time out" was a Freudian Slip to the kind of "time out" where the parents make a kid stand in a corner for being in trouble. Congrats!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, were to tghe point where we want to get noticed. My first time out I wore 70s campus boots with 3.5" block heels under flare jeans and couldn't walk very well in them and I was too concerned how others viewed me. Now I wear 4.5" knee-high boots over skinny jeans and leggings everywhere. This falll I'm going to wear kneehigh and over the knee boots everyday. Why not? All the girld look so good doing it, and I also don't have to worry about finding pants long enough when a wear 5" pumps. An inseam of 35" that's flared is really hard to find lately. Everythng is a progression. Its all about high fashion, nothing to do about sexual preference that everybody seems to lay on you. 5" heels are about my limit. 4" - 4.5" heels are my all day stompers.

well, I love to show off my boots (when in season;its too hot right now) & I'm not concerned in the least how the "plublic" interprets it either. :rocker: