High Heels: Can they be a bonding thing between girls?

Firefox

"I go grocery shopping in four inch heels, not many other people would do this". Wish I could get my wife to do this...She only wears them to "special occaisions"... never just to wear them...I told her I'd like to see her wear them more often, just to get use to them..Plus she does look good in them.

I've noticed a certain level of "bonding" between me & the ladies at work. They tend to notice more and more when I wear different heels, and sometimes ask what the "flavor of the day" is, since I have so many styles to pick from for what I wear that day these days. I have some that I've not worn out before, but have had for quite a while, and they'll say "Oh did you go shopping again?", and I just smile and say "No, I've had these for a long time". One of my good friends made a cute comment and said "We should call you Imelda". I had to laugh at that, as yeah....she did have an extensive collection in her closet.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

If women go out, the rest of the group would not be happy if one stood out from the rest. This would skew the attention given that night. I think it is about blending together and fitting in. If five girls go out, and only one wears stilettos, who do you think will get all of the attention? It is a bit of a competition, I suppose. Every girl wearing heels evens it out and effectually disarms that competition so the girls can do their thing without concern. Since I don't know anyone else who wears heels like I do, this is just a theory.

• 3 months later...

my friends girlfriends and wives will always wear their highest heels when they go out with my better half because of the shoes she wears

Yeah, but they probably don't reach your GF's heel heights :grin:

But generally speaking competition is a good thing for raising HH popularity - you just let them know "the higher the better!" :smile:

HH forever!

Londonpaul, That's exactly what I don't understand, why do you need an "occassion" to wear 4 inch plus heels? Isn't every day an occassion? I've yet to have anyone criticise my heels and only get comments from people that are positive regarding the fact that I just about always wear high heels.

• 1 year later...

Absolutely. Of my friends & social pals most wear stilettos. Sam, my closest friend, often wear 5.5" stilettos when we meet to go somewhere. Talk about turning heads!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.