Posture

scorer10

My wife has a great body and when she puts high heels on even more so, my question is, do heels change the male positure in the same way, or is the change in women due to the different make up of their bodies/pelvis etc. I have seen videos of men in heels and they stomp about!! :-P

Your way of walking definitely changes, probably also the way you stand, but if you get used to the heels and you become confident and relaxed, it becomes less apparent.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

This is a very interesting question, and I'm afraid the answer is rather complicated. I've wondered the same thing myself, and it's a big part of the reason why I hesitated to wear heels in public for so long. Can guys look good and walk gracefully in heels? I won't pretend to answer this question definitively, in part because a lot of it is just opinion. What looks good to one person might look awful to another. Firstly, the notion that all women can walk well in heels is far from being true. It may be true in your wife's case, but it is far from universally true. I think the reason why most men appear to "stomp about" in heels is due to two main factors: 1) Men tend to walk more stiffly than women, even in bare feet. From my own observation, this is mainly due to the fact that men seems to hold their backs rather rigid when they walk, whereas women have much more flexibility in the spine, kind of like a cat. Whether this is physiological or social behavior, I don't know. Probably some combination of the two. 2) Men tend to walk and stand with their feet further apart than do women. I think it's probably because our center of gravity is higher, and we do this naturally to maintain balance. However, it's generally considered a less graceful way of walking. Both of these tendencies can be "unlearned," but it's difficult. Some people do it much more naturally than others. However, there certain ARE men out there, and I hope that I'm one, who do not stomp about in their heels. It's been a while since I've video'd myself. Perhaps it's time for a possible reality check. :eek1:

My wife has a great body and when she puts high heels on even more so, my question is, do heels change the male positure in the same way, or is the change in women due to the different make up of their bodies/pelvis etc.

I have seen videos of men in heels and they stomp about!! :-P

Of course they change the male posture. They'd fall over if they didn't.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Very certainly do change and with regular heeling the "stomping" goes. Being relaxed is an extra factor and then it's just walk. Al

I think heels can change anyone's posture, male or female, sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. I think the latter depends partly on effort to feel comfortable and confident with the physical aspects of walking in heels, but it's also essential to feel the sensuality so that your mind can walk in heels not just your body. A lot of women who clomp around in their heels seem to be wearing them out of convention without really feeling the pleasure of wearing them, and that can apply equally to men too.

If you like it, wear it.

I have read that men walk with their chest leading (think John Wayne), whereas women walk with the hips leading. (or at least in general)

Many years ago, and old girlfriend commented to me that I walk and even stand differently when wearing heels. For me, I think consciously being aware of your posture makes walking in heels easier and much more enjoyable.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE