Just A Nice Inspiring Picture

Impala

This isn't exactly about heels, but I found this picture about a little boy in girl's shoes who still hasn't adapted the rules of our society. It shows about how the gender limitation on clothing is really something adults created for nothing, except to silently disappear in the crowd...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=654852514529725&set=a.513600311988280.129094.513548001993511&type=1&theater

In my language, dutch, there's a proverb about this, that says when translated to English: "The truth comes out of a child's mouth".

What do you think about this?

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Love it. The kid likes zebras. With all the oddly colored cartoon animals on TV, how is he to know they only come in black and white? The interesting part is that everyone read their own values into the image. I think that goes for live images too, except the live image can give feedback. I keep stressing that you should project confidence. The kid manages to do that. Great image jorisken123, thanks for posting it.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Pretty neat picture if I do say so myself. The kid looked comfortable in his skin while wearing those shoes, and that's the important thing. Meanwhile, the less said about the predictably moronic "girls shoes worn by boy = gay" comments about the picture, the better.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

A sad fact: The page administrator that posted the picture gave it this description: "I'd kick my son in his underdeveloped nut sack if he ever tried some phaggot shit like this."

A lot of people gave the picture negative or ignorant comments.

It's so damn easy to call a little boy gay when you're sitting behind your computer, knowing that nobody that sees your comment will ever see you in real life, and your comment has no negative consequences to you except for maybe someone calling you a bad name, but you're safe in your real anonymity...

I give my greatest respect to the parents of this boy.

If I one day have children myself, I would raise them the same way, with a free mind, able to think for themselves what is really worth it without the influence of society telling them what to think.

My children will know that their father loves heels. I wouldn't encourage my son to wear heels, but I wouldn't discourage him either.

Ignorance and narrow mindedness do not always hide behind a computer screen as I have mentioned before. I work with people who would have told you straight to your face the same message as the administrator indicated. If you think this mentality is slowly vanishing from our landscape, think again. The Southern Baptist conventioon is urging all of it's congregations to break their charters with the Boy Scouts of America. That means over 100.000 boy scouts will lose out. They will have no place to have their meetings, and the troops will moost likely disappear or be disbanded.

If I recall correctly this picture is from an article about the boys parents and how they allow him to wear the shoes. It discusses their open mindedness and the issues have developed around it. I think the story was posted here within the last year or two.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I wasn't around back then, but if someone could show me the original post, I'd be glad to see the article.

A sad fact: The page administrator that posted the picture gave it this description: "I'd kick my son in his underdeveloped nut sack if he ever tried some phaggot shit like this."

What else would you expect from somebody with such a user name? (A wild f*** (etc.))

Strange maybe, I'll accept weird as that is more me but never freak.

"Weird Al" ? ;)

I cannot find the original artical that I read. If you google "story about boy who wears girls shoes to preschool" then you will find a ton of blogs devating the original facebook post. Some show the orignal post including including the postitive comments from his sister.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I remember other discussions like that (i.e. letting the son go to kindergarden with a skirt) - no problem for the kids, but for the other parents.

I'd kick my son in his underdeveloped nut sack if he ever tried some phaggot shit like this.

Does he react the same, if his daughter would like to wear pants or a "Bob the builder" T-Shirt?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Probably not. I simply unliked the page and went on. He's a typical critical guy, that posts a lot of offensive comments on other people's tweets. I think that if the boy keeps more "girly" stuff, he will start to feel in a few years that his friends start to adapt the stereotypes of their parents and will start to talk bad about the boy's behavior, or even about the boy himself. It's sad, but true and happens to each and every boy who likes that "girly" stuff. Only a few, like us guys on this forum, get over it (in public or in private).

Not a problem my grandaughter loves Thomas the tank engine and trains and will only play with boys at school, daughter wants her to play with girly things but I say let her do her own thing if it's lighting McQueen so be it..

life is not a rehearsal

It's true that girls are more accepted for doing male stuff than boys are for doing female stuff. If you encourage a girl it's called feminism and positive integration, if you encourage a boy it's called sexism and gayness... and this goes on until our age, when we search forums like this to express what society forbids us to do.

I don't quite get that! Why is it, if we dress in the style that women have, people start questioning our sexuality? I have been wearing kneehigh boots over jeans for a few weeks now. A get a ton of compliments from women, but men just have an evil look towards me. Are they afraid that someone like me is going to hook up with all the women, and0none left for them. Staying on topic, let the boy dress the way he wants to. When I was young, a liked playing dressup with the little girls next door. Nothing wrong with it. It is the adults that would have a problem wiith it. That's where I think bullying starts. Parents teach their kids to have hatred towards others that are a bit different.

Thick skinned reply here Im going to keep it ' simple ':

We often answer many of our own questions. We often know the reasons ' why ' things ' are ', but we dont like the way things are.

Probably not. I simply unliked the page and went on. He's a typical critical guy, that posts a lot of offensive comments on other people's tweets.

What is ' offensive '? If someone called me a shylock or a ' spic ', would YOU be ' offended ' when Im not? This is a real problem we ALL have to understand for ourselves. Theres nothing really ' offensive ', only things that we might not like to hear while others dont mind at all. Give it a thought.

THAT is why I can go out in public without any issues. I really couldnt give a care about what others might think as they really dont matter.

I think that if the boy keeps more "girly" stuff, he will start to feel in a few years that his friends start to adapt the stereotypes of their parents and will start to talk bad about the boy's behavior, or even about the boy himself.

It's sad, but true and happens to each and every boy who likes that "girly" stuff. Only a few, like us guys on this forum, get over it (in public or in private).

Do you REALLY think that? Of all the men on this forum, including the ones whom pose as women, How many will actually go out in public and strut in a pair of heels? Maybe 10%?

In polar opposite, if someone finds your wearing heels to be ' offensive ', just the same as you found that other guy to be ' offensive '.. Do you see where it all starts? Do you know where it ends? It usually ends in violence, not a good thing.

It's true that girls are more accepted for doing male stuff than boys are for doing female stuff.

Maybe in your eyes, but not in mine. I can use a sewing machine and do certain things. I cook, I grow a garden. I ' house keep '. The only things different between my wife and I is I can ' get it up ' and she has 2 sets of lips ( so she can piss and whine at the same time! ;) )

OOPS! Someone might find that comment ' offensive ' while I would bet many laughed about it ( and will complain publicly even though they did find it funny. ).

Thats where the real difference is and why MOST men will never go out in public in a pair of shoes that arent ' mens ' or ' masculine ' looking.

People need to be ' less sensitive ' or ' less correct ' and just start living in the mindset of the ' basics '.

I wonder how many people here have heard the old theme of ' If the shoe fits, wear it '. How about applying such in actuallity? Some have, many havent ;)

If you encourage a girl it's called feminism and positive integration, if you encourage a boy it's called sexism and gayness... and this goes on until our age, when we search forums like this to express what society forbids us to do.

Clue : Society doesnt forbid me to wear something. It doesnt force me to wear something either. *I* make that choice. YOU make that choice for yourself. Everyone here makes that decision for themselves on their own time. If such wasnt true, why is it I went to dinner in skinny jeans, a pair of Neon Pink Guess pumps and a nice white collared shirt? ' Society ' wasnt there arresting me nor telling me I cant wear something. In fact, the only person whom said anything to me was the Waiter at the nice place we were eating.

I don't quite get that! Why is it, if we dress in the style that women have, people start questioning our sexuality?

You have answered your own question. As I said above, think with the ' basics '. If someone sees a guy wearing womans attire, they arent going to be ' all informed ' and ' over corrected ' in accepting that a guy just might like a pair of pumps. A guy might like a skirt or a dress instead of rough-rider jeans and a pair of workboots.

Consider this : Outside of drag queens and Ru Paul, how many people on the planet have actually seen a guy dressing in womens clothes, let alone seen such on a regular basis to accept it as ' normal ' OR to just be aware of such a thing?

You and I know such happens daily and have seen evidence ( were both living proof ) that such happens. For many other people, it is like the question of ' If a tree falls over in a forest and theres nobody around to hear it, does it really make any sound? '.

I have been wearing kneehigh boots over jeans for a few weeks now. A get a ton of compliments from women, but men just have an evil look towards me.

Maybe they think your queer? Maybe they think your a tranny? Maybe they think you were a woman whom grew a beard then shaved and now want to be a woman again.. Does it really matter if they gave you an ' evil look '? Does what those people think really even matter? Will it stop you from wearing what you desire to wear?

They are basically irrelevant.

Are they afraid that someone like me is going to hook up with all the women, and0none left for them.

Honestly? Probably not. They are probably of the mindset that you might be on the prowl to get on their junk. ( being truthful ). Why do I say such? Because its the simple truth.

Staying on topic, let the boy dress the way he wants to. When I was young, a liked playing dressup with the little girls next door. Nothing wrong with it. It is the adults that would have a problem wiith it. That's where I think bullying starts. Parents teach their kids to have hatred towards others that are a bit different.

So.. I guess some would say that those ' parents ' are ' bad parents ' in some way?

People.. In all seriousness.. theres too much ' thinking ' involved with a lot of things that are very ' simple '. THAT is the main cause of a LOT of the problems we all face.

When the kid in the picture is 15 or 16 or comes to their own way of thinking, they will decide for themselves what they want to wear , whom they will love, where they might want to live or what they might desire for employment or their ' dream job '. They might decide weather they like windows PC's or iMacs. They will probably watch some TV program and maybe go to a local beach/park and relax once in a while..

Whatever that kid grows up and does, more power to him and the many others out there. So long as they arent detrimental to others, let them do as they wish.

Keep it ' basic '. Everyone will get along better and we will all prosper. There was a time when MOST people had common courtesy and ' respect ' was something we as individuals earned. Now, respect is to be freely given so theres no need for courtesy at all because ' respect ' is free and really hasnt a value anymore.

People believe times have gotten better when more people today seem to be taken in by violence. More people are sexually assaulted, war is a common thing.. and we wonder why people wont accept ' a man in womans attire '.

The basic thought is ' At least the guy is clothed and not walking around with his junk on display '. Instead, people have to critique, judge, insult..

No, Im not abrasive, Im ' Simple ' or ' basic '. No over-complications from me. If speaking the ' truth ' or the ' basics ' really offends someone.. maybe they should sit down and give it thought. I have :D

The photo to me was just a kid in some pretty neat shoes. What caught my eye and made me look again was the kids face. He looks like the little kid from the original ' Home Alone ' movie. ( I wonder how many people will go back and take another look at that pic now ;) ).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I know the opinion of others shouldn't matter to me, but it's not easy getting to the point where you are. Something that probably played a big role in this is the fact that as a kid an young teenager, until 2 years ago, I was bullied and heavily unaccepted for who I was. This gave me some really bad times. I don't care if someone thinks about me in a bad way. My behavior is already very weird, I have my own ways of living and that's what I do. This doesn't hurt me, so there is no real problem. What IS the problem is that I don't want to suffer from any negative consequences from what I do. I know that a lot of my 'friends' and people that I go on with would immediately drop me if they saw me in heels. I already get quite a few negative comments about my hair that I've been growing (5 inches - 12 cm long now), so I know they just wouldn't even want to try to understand it. I know that if they do this, I should get on and find better friends that do really care about me, but it's not only about finding the right friends. I don't want to lose any chances or opportunities. I might get treated differently because I am that "guy in heels". Many posts on this forum have shown otherwise, including everything you said, ilikekicks, but I just don't want to risk it now. Maybe later. This went a bit off-topic...

This went a bit off-topic...

Not really. Ill explain why further down ;)

I know the opinion of others shouldn't matter to me, but it's not easy getting to the point where you are.

Im at the same point of view as I have had for the last 30 years of my life. Once I started thinking for myself ( around 10-13yrs of age ), I realized that I should just be my ' own person '.

Something that probably played a big role in this is the fact that as a kid an young teenager, until 2 years ago, I was bullied and heavily unaccepted for who I was. This gave me some really bad times.

EVERYBODY is ' bullied ' at some point. The real issue is people dont know how to look beyond bad events. People just cant go on with their lives to a better setting. They just refuse to ' let go ' of a bad happening in the past and they dont realize how much it really dements their future.

I don't care if someone thinks about me in a bad way. My behavior is already very weird, I have my own ways of living and that's what I do. This doesn't hurt me, so there is no real problem.

So long as your not harming anyone else, do as you please. ;)

What IS the problem is that I don't want to suffer from any negative consequences from what I do.

Id like to go to a Ford dealer and snag a Shelby GT500KR and just take it for a ride without asking for the keys or letting anyone know Im helping myself to it.

You dont have a ' problem ', you have an ' understanding '. You recognize that if you do something, it will effect other things around you.

I know that a lot of my 'friends' and people that I go on with would immediately drop me if they saw me in heels.

Honestly.. Until you drop *them*, you will be where you are for a long time. Others arent going to conform to your standards/beliefs/likes/desires. They have their own and no schooling, books, laws or long chats will really change them. You can only change yourself.

I already get quite a few negative comments about my hair that I've been growing (5 inches - 12 cm long now), so I know they just wouldn't even want to try to understand it.

Why should they? Its not their hair.

I know that if they do this, I should get on and find better friends that do really care about me, but it's not only about finding the right friends.

Your quite correct. Its not about the ' friends ' at all. Its about being comfortable with yourself.

I see many people posting on this site ( and others ) that speak about how everyone is down on them. They speak about how nobody will ' accept ' or ' tolerate ' them. Neither can be forced upon someone. All we can do is present ourselves for whom we are and offer an understanding that ' you are whom you are and I am whom I am '. If things can grow into a friendship or a mutual ' lets go get a beer ' setting, thats great! If it doesnt grow, thats fine as well.

I don't want to lose any chances or opportunities. I might get treated differently because I am that "guy in heels".

Loosing a chance or opportunity? Because of what you wear on your feet or how you have your hair done? By all means, if someone wished to be judgemental on appearances alone, thats for them to do. They are free to do such.

Many posts on this forum have shown otherwise, including everything you said, ilikekicks, but I just don't want to risk it now. Maybe later.

Our time is limited by our bodies. The longer we wait, the more ' chances ' and ' opportunities ' for the happiness we desire pass by.

This went a bit off-topic...

Reflect on that kid in the picture. What does his life in front of him look like?

Most would believe if hes going to wear such shoes, hes going to get ' bullied ' or talked down to. For all we know, he might grow up and wear workbooks. He might grow up and marry a super model. He might grow up to be a drug pusher. None of us ( or even his parents ) can predict where that kid will be 5 years from now before he even hits his teen years/puberty. We can guess and make assumptions.. not really good grounds to make a speculation on.

It seems the ' negative ' is always spoken of first and then the condoning of how others wont accept us instead of the great things we have all experienced in life.

If we dont experience anything bad in life, how will we know whats ' good ' or ' enjoyable ' without having a basis to rationalize a comparison?

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Brilliantly stated, ILK. The demons are always in our own heads. Once we get past them and realize most people don't really care what we wear on our feet, we're happier with ourselves, more confident in our demeanor, and (I hope) more fun to be with. Steve

• 3 weeks later...