Walk A Mile

jetheelsfan

Yep - did one with wetwillie once. The only time I have worn a skirt with fishnets and heels in public. It was a college event so a lot of the guys were fraternity brothers doing it. I'd do one again, but I think I'll do skinny jeans / jegging with boots this time.

If there'd be such an event in Belgium, I'd for sure participate, but those things just don't happen over here. I would put on some nice pumps and walk with ease, in contradiction to the men who wear heels for the first time. It's funny to see videos of such events, where men struggle to take small steps, while we in this community are trained walkers!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I gotta chuckle, wetwillie. Congratulations on your award.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nice going wetwillie.

Just goes to show than men can be just as graceful wearing heels as women.

The expressions on the women's faces in your pic, give credence to that fact!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Congratulations on your award. It seems it would be a fun event to participate if presented with the opportunity.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Yes i did it 3 times. Here inSouth Africa we gotthe sisters with blisters every year for the abuse against women and children. It is a four kilometer walk in stilletos. The first 2 years was in 12 cm, I did it last year in 15 cm heels i Novemer last year.

• 4 years later...

I did my 4th Walk a Mile event in Sacramento, CA last Sunday.  Did it with a member from here and some of his friends (I am not saying who, since he does not know that I am making this post - privacy ya know).  We all had a blast.  Unlike most all the other folks, I wore my heels from start to finish (most of the walkers change into heels just before the walk and then quickly get rid of the heels when finished - wimps, ha ha)...

All during the event, I got compliments from both guys and gals on my sandals, was nice.  One lady even said that she liked my sandals and added that I had pretty feet too!!  I did it to support the cause (anti-violence, who can be against that?) but in my own way I was (we were) supporting the fact that guys can wear heels, look nice, have a good time, and nobody really cares.  

Here is very low quality pic form the walk's Facebook website.  Now I am famous???

Take care all.....    sf

33194552_10160450777735137_8179261291014127616_n.jpg

Edited by SF
unfortunate typo
  • Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have participated in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes numerous times. They used to have it closer to me like in South Bend, IN, Indianapolis, IN, and other local cities. Now if I want to participate it seems that I have to drive further to do so. Great cause and I support it fully. I believe there is going to be an event in Ohio in the month of August, I think. I will probably make that one if I don't find others closer to me.

8 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'm flying also, but no SFO layovers in June...

I fly into San Jose.

4 hours ago, K2inheels said:

I have participated in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes numerous times. They used to have it closer to me like in South Bend, IN, Indianapolis, IN, and other local cities. Now if I want to participate it seems that I have to drive further to do so. Great cause and I support it fully. I believe there is going to be an event in Ohio in the month of August, I think. I will probably make that one if I don't find others closer to me.

Where in Ohio??

2 hours ago, K2inheels said:

Heelster, here is the info for the Ohio walk:

Shoreline Park - 411 East Water Street - Sandusky, OH 44870 - Date is Saturday, August 4th at 9:00 to 12:00. Click here to go to their listing.

Well that's a really good possibility. I'm a short driving distance away, and there are some decent eateries along water street as I recall.

PM me if your interested.

• 6 months later...

I have done Walk a Mile 4 times and several fund raisers in AZ where I was one of only two or three guys.  Fund raisers are always great.  I figure it is a way do my thing while supporting a cause that is meaningful.  And people out supporting a cause are usually very friendly and excited to be doing what they are doing.

The first Walk a Mile that I did included over 1,100 men in heels.  They were aiming for a Guinness record.  It was amazing.  The WAM events in Sacramento are huge with food, drinks, and beer.  We walk with Western Health Advantage and thus get VIP badges so the beer, wine, and bloody Marys are free if you desire a drink.

The fund raisers in AZ were great too.  Being one of only two or three men in heels in a group of 100-200 women in heels is a lot of fun.  Compliments and conversation about heels are abundant.  A picture of one of the events is below along with a picture of me that was on TV the day after the 2011 event.

And SF, permission granted to share my name whenever...  ;-)

Best,

Larry

427029_10150586664227635_991936957_n.thumb.jpg.356abcdf08c41158aeb487473c896336.jpg

183582_10150097165972635_2382505_n.thumb.jpg.85205c876400ca1179a4c1a9f2740e7d.jpg

• Like 2

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AZ, you look right on in those shoes....   Had fun doing the WAM events with you and your crowd.  Maybe again this year?  Would be worth the drive.  

Have fun, Happy New Year.....    sf 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:06 AM, AZShoeNut said:

The first Walk a Mile that I did included over 1,100 men in heels.  They were aiming for a Guinness record.  It was amazing.  The WAM events in Sacramento are huge with food, drinks, and beer.  

If you give me enough time I might drive up to Sacramento too.

21 hours ago, Cali said:

If you give me enough time I might drive up to Sacramento too.

That would be fantastic!  It usually happens near the end of April or the beginning of May.

18 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I would love to find an event here in the Bay Area

The drive from the Bay, depending upon traffic, is not all that bad.  Typically two hours from downtown San Francisco.

Also, I believe that they have had smaller events in Concorde before.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

45 minutes ago, AZShoeNut said:

That would be fantastic!  It usually happens near the end of April or the beginning of May.

The drive from the Bay, depending upon traffic, is not all that bad.  Typically two hours from downtown San Francisco.

Also, I believe that they have had smaller events in Concorde before.

I will look some of this up online today, thanks!

• Like 1

Frisco Bay WAM events have been held in San Jose, Hollister and Salinas in the past.  The Sacramento event has been a lot of fun.  Events have also been held at various places here in SoCal.  Looking at the WAM website there is nothing scheduled for 2019.  Maybe the WAM events are starting to lose their popularity?   Too bad, we had fun didn't we AZ???

Smile....   sf

• Like 1