Are Louboutins Hard To Walk In?

Curt

Just wondering. I have a problem with pumps. My ankles are quite narrow and always popb out of pumps, unless there is some type of strap on top. But I love his platform kneehigh boots. My comfortable heel height is about just under 4" for all day walking. Higher for limited use. Jiust wondering if a would be comfortable in the boots. I definitally love how they look. Super sexy.

i would love to put an answer to this question, going on about how my black Daffodils have only gone with me to the most exotic and special outings but the fact of the matter is: i can't afford those thirteen hundred dollar shoes! would love to have a pair of them.

I have heard on many places that designer high heels, especially Louboutins, are not really comfortable. He admitted in an interview that comfort is not important to him, he designs shoes to look good, not to feel good.

Are these the boots you're talking about?

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/986365/31225512/0/1354180753/Christian_louboutin_BOURGE_black_leather_knee_high_tall_Platform_Boots_Red_Sole.jpg

They look high indeed. I think walking in them would be allright, maybe with some practice, but you might not be able to wear them for a long time...

I found this video, maybe you've seen it already, maybe not, in the video you can see a woman walking and standing in them, it might help you.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I have heard on many places that designer high heels, especially Louboutins, are not really comfortable. He admitted in an interview that comfort is not important to him, he designs shoes to look good, not to feel good.

Well, Louboutins damn sure aren't comfortable to your wallet, given how much the freaking things cost!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

@jorisken123: True, Louboutin once stated that comfort is not his #1 priority when designing his shoes. Nonetheless, the statement that most designer high heels are not comfortable is a generalization that's simply not true. As with every shoe, it depends on many factors - heel height, heel type, what type of shoe it is (knee-high boot, ankle, pumps, etc.).

I do own CL's "troop" boots, which do have a bit more chunky heel. I got them in a size 41, should have gotten them in a size 41.5 - then they would fit perfect. But even with a shoe that is a bit on the narrow side, these are extremely comfortable. The leather is very soft, and the footbed seems to be a little cushioned. They are quite easy to walk in.

Posted Image

I got stilettos from Ballin boots (original retail price around 650 USD, and I got stilettos by a no name brand that were on sale around 80 USD. The ones by Ballin feel solid. No wobbling around, no insecurity when walking. The no name brand stilettos give me a feeling that I constantly have to adjust how I stand/walk in order not to fall. Again, something I wouldn't generalize (you can get perfect heels for little money), but just a personal observation.

It's obviously a man walking in those boots in the video. It's easy to tell because of the way he's struggling.

And No Louboutins arent going to be easy to wear or comfortable for you.

http://img.diytrade....ts_Red_Sole.jpg

in the video you can see a woman walking and standing in them, it might help you.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ2_4p4R5XE

Amanda is correct

It's obviously a man walking in those boots in the video. It's easy to tell because of the way he's struggling.

Amanda is correct. The model is a guy as he describes himself in other videos. I did think he was struggling as he moved but that may not be because it's a guy. Unless someone wears a heel that narrow and high all the time there is always an orientation you have to go through (take note of this and keep practicing). These shoes are so far out of my price range I'm not going to worry about them being comfortable.

I got stilettos from Ballin boots (original retail price around 650 USD, and I got stilettos by a no name brand that were on sale around 80 USD. The ones by Ballin feel solid. No wobbling around, no insecurity when walking. The no name brand stilettos give me a feeling that I constantly have to adjust how I stand/walk in order not to fall. Again, something I wouldn't generalize (you can get perfect heels for little money), but just a personal observation.

Assuming the shoes fit properly, I suggest that it is the arch of the shoe matching your foot's arch that is giving you the comfort and stability you noticed. If the arch is too low you have just the ball of your foot trying to control the whole thing, but if the arch fits, you have your whole foot to work with. I have a 3" heel on boots that I struggle with because of the low arch, and 5" heels on boots with a higher arch that present no problems at all and are quite comfortable.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wouldn't know but want to buy a pair and find out . I'll probably buy the Bianca 140mm. I watched a video on youtube from a person call stilettocuture bella and she has standard in them for 4 hours and were probably still commutable

• 2 weeks later...

I found a pair of Louboutin Decolette 100's in size 40 at a local Neiman Marcus last call. Listed as 10.. er, no. Way too small, but the 100's are quite easy to walk in :) Might have to find a pair of 120's at a store to try out.

(formerly known as "JimC")

My Chloe boots are the most comfortable boots I own. My Patrick Cox dragon boots would be if they weren't half a size too small. No, I'm inclined to think that designer shoes should be more comfortable than the knock-offs. Try them on. If they don't feel comfy, dn't buy them. Part of what you're paying for is comfort.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

And No Louboutins arent going to be easy to wear or comfortable for you.

Its almost a given that when a video of this nature is shot from a stationary camera as show here, that the wearer is guy. Most any woman could surely find someone to take the video for her. I find these kinds of videos bordering on pathetic.

Just Jenny

Its almost a given that when a video of this nature is shot from a stationary camera as show here, that the wearer is guy. Most any woman could surely find someone to take the video for her. I find these kinds of videos bordering on pathetic.

do you realise that heels were made for men when they first came out. So any gender can wear them. Try to stay on topic. I would just like to know if they are hard to walk in with the really high platform.

When you buy designer's footwear, you're actually just buying the rights to advertise the brand name. Obviously, they are way over priced for the materials and craftsmanship invested. As far as walking in them, the same thing applies with every heel. To know if the shoes are the ones for you, they have to have hands on sampling before they are bought. Even then, they may need some breaking in! Quite a few years ago, the first pair of designer heels that I bought was by Givenchy and they were on sale at a Saks Fifth Avenue. They were multi-colored pumps with 5" spikes and quarter inch platforms under semi-pointed toe boxes. The fit and the feel were so suburb that I knew the quality was top notch. Up until then, I had been wearing heels from a number of shoe stores, but these Givenchy's really let me know the difference between mass produced shoes and the crafted designer pair of heels. Back then, the cost of footwear was more realistically from the quality and craftsmanship of the product and not so much absorbed by the designer's label. Since then, I have bought high heel pumps ( platform and single sole) from a broad spectrum of brands. Sometimes, I've found high heels that make me feel like the way Superman is described while relaxing in their supportive comfort and other heels have only given me grief after wearing them for a few minutes. The uncomfortable heels may look great, but they end up shelved, redistributed, or maybe in a heel display mounted on the wall as art.

When if comes to designer heels I'm ways reminded by that fairy tale about the emperor's new clothes. They're supposed to be more daily wear then fetish heels like 6ihf or fabulously fetish. Who are quite pricey and yet compared to Louboutin they are almost bargain priced. It doesn't add up because something made for a niche market shouldn't be cheaper then something made for the general public. Personally I think designer heels are the biggest joke ever pulled on us and not even that good looking either. To each his own I guess.

To each his own I guess.

Fair enough. Many designer styles go way beyond anything I would want, but also they tend to have some basic sleek styles that should be available elsewhere, but seem to go away for fads.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think the best thing I can do is go to a store and try on a pair. I really want the boots, so I have to wait at least two months until the fall stock hits the stores. But I don't even know if I want to spend $1000+ of a pair of boots. The most I've ever spent on boots was $650 for a pair of fluevog boots. They make the most comfortable high heels I've ever worn. So what I'm really looking for is all day comfort. 5" heels are no big deal, as long as they are made very well.

You can get good quality without having to shell out that kind of money. I'd rather have 5 great pairs of boots for the same cost.

Steve

Indeed! When you're paying a $1000 for a pair of shoes you're paying $200 to get quality, $300 to pay for their marketing and the rest to make Mr. Louboutin smile a very huge grin.

But if all the women dig them so much, they got to be comfortable. I want charlotte olympia heels now. Just awesome. Screw the payless garbage. i

Louboutins himself has stated before that he does not design for comfort only eye appeal. He quite frankly doesn't give a damn if women find them comfortable or not and he has clearly stated such. Doesn't say very much about the buyers of his product.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.