High Heeled Training Diary #5

Laurieheels

A Step Up... Monday was an important day, as you may know. New shoes. Five inch stiletto heels on a court in black patent. Jante 8887. I wore them for a few hours that day, trying to wear them in a bit. It was a day off, so I had my four inch Oxfords for being outside. This is a glorious moment, of course, new shoes. I have been upset about not finding shoes for so long, and now, a company is based in Calgary so I can call them, go over, and try on all manner of heels. Monday was wonderful but for one thing. The weather was getting colder and that night, it snowed. A lot. Tuesday saw me walking to and from work in flat, boring boots. Why? There was snow! And nothing was cleaned yet, it was still snowing. Except for work, our building is always free of snow on the outside. The roads will be caked with the stuff, but our sidewalks and any open areas are clear to near perfection. I spent the day in my Oxfords, and walked home in flat, boring boots. They hurt my toes. As a result, wearing my new Patent stilettos was not as fun that night. I tried wearing them to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and the shoes were next to me on the bed. I do not remember taking them off. My feet must have been hot and swollen. Too much caffine does that. Wednesday saw another work day, and the flat boots stayed home. Back to the three inch ankle boots! A more comfortable walk, even over patches of snow and ice. It was packed down, now, and easier to move over, unlike walking through heavy, fresh fallen snow. Oxfords were again the shoes for work, and after a long day, back to ankle boots for walking home. It was so cold! Even a pair of socks over my stockings, in boots, could not stop my toes from feeling cold. It was like that Tuesday as well. Miserable! This did not make wearing my new patents any easier in the evening. My trainer and I had a discussion about the new shoes that night. I decided that they had to go to work and be worn on fresh feet if I would ever break them in and adapt to the heel and style. He suggested two hours in the new Patents, two hours out, two hours in again and then out two more, for my eight hour work day. Of course, I wore the new shoes for six hours straight before switching my feet with their tired muscles into my ankle boots. Three inch heels feel flat after wearing stilettos for six hours. Flat feet feel like my heels are hanging over the edge of a cliff! Needless to say, my trainer was a bit upset that I broke the rules (he, like the rest of you, should know that I dislike rules). Still he was happy that I managed six hours! Friday! A new plan for Friday, three hours in the new stilettos, two hours out, three hours in. And I actually stuck to this plan quite close. Happy trainer means less talk about saftey, more talk about the next shopping trip. So I managed three and a half hours in, one and a half out, and three hours in the new stilettos. Friday was a great day. It was quite cold even in the building and that made me miserable, yes, but overall, a great day for shoe training. Saurday saw me having to go into work for a few hours. A requirement since I had Monday as a day off. I brought my new Patent Stilettos with me and I wore them about six hours of total time with two breaks. The endurance builds, the muscles strengthen. I am paying great attention to saftey concerns and the health of my body in this. I converted a heel slip pad (which is quite uncomfortable to use) into padding for the balls of my feet when they are in my stilettos. Now, I have something to absorb a bit more energy, and Friday afternoon proved that this does work. What do I need now? The balls of my feet will have to build up some endurance, and the muscles around the arch and instep will need to strengthen and stretch a little bit more. All in good time, and done safe, slow, and not rushed. Tired feet must switch to fresh shoes. Hurting feet must be attended. I may not push myself too far at any step now. It is not worth it. To this end, I am going to try some stretches, some found in a copy of Shuz magazine I have from 2000. I think it is 2000. Why? Ankles. I need to strengthen my ankles and they need to stretch into new positions. The same goes for the arch of my foot, the muscles must be stronger. I can feel the development in my legs, from ankle to hip. Just like walking or running or cycling, sometimes you can feel that it hurts, and it is a good hurt, the type after some good exercise, without the same endorphines. Feel the burn! I do not think my walk is as good as when I am wearing my four inch Oxfords, but then, PRACTICE is the key here. In time my muscles will adapt if I do not push them too hard, and stilettos will be more graceful than Oxfords for me. I can hardly wait.

I don't quite understand but grudgingly respect your need to protect the privacy of your trainer. (After all, it's not as if you'll reveal his identity.) Having got that off my chest, Laurie, I think your diaries are the best thing going on both boards. Keep up the good work. When you reach your goals, as I'm sure you will, you may want to try publishing an article on your experiences in an appropriately avant-garde publication. You have the writing skills to do it.

Okay, let's deal with the trainer thing. First, he asked not to be talked about when possible, so I respect his wishes. Second, I need someone to make sure I stick to a plan and do not push myself. My trainer is there to provide me with what I need. One day he will talk about his role, and how it is actually just something that is part of something else, and until then, I am glad he is getting more attention than I am, yes. B) Okay, I am smiling, not to worry. :smile: No further questions, this press conference is over!