Abba

Hi all got a abba album today.And noticed male singer of group wore chunk heels .Picture is from ebay.But i have same album.

post-1168-0-84734600-1369411696_thumb.jp

His heels are higher than the girl's heels!

This pic makes me think of a Belgian act of that time, ''Nicole en Hugo'', 2 Belgian singers who completely failed when participating at the Eurovision Song Festival...

Them: Then and now

http://sites.zonien.be/chris_vandenabeele/jaren/fotos/nic-hugo.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XZ0GJO5OkIU/SKhDh4ITlcI/AAAAAAAAD64/5c9hDxQ-1bI/s400/nicole+hugo.bmp

Their outfit is still famous in Belgium today... Including Hugo's shoes.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Ah yes, most of my shoes were like that in the 70's. It was a great time, and no one questioned what shoes you wore.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Loved Abba! It wasn't for the guys wearing heels at the time though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yeah, I saw my uncle's wedding pictures from early 1970's in Poland. He wore such chunky heels for wedding! And nobody questioned that either! As far as I could see, these were around 3" heels with 1-2" sole. As the picture was black and white, the shoes looked like white-ish. My mother told me that my uncle was pretty trendy at these times and this style came from West, despite of the Iron Curtain :)

I can remember those days really clearly. Many guys wore heels lke that, it was considered quite normal. Even some of the bysat my school (9-12 year olds) wore platforms though not quite so extreme. The fashion had passed by the time I was old enough to buy men's shoes but I did have cowboy boots with 3" heels which I bought from the men's side of the shop.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Missing it all and yes I'd love to do it again best years. With a bit of new knowledge I could do it better Al

donnawanna, THat was precisely the style back then so he doesn't look out of place at all. I grew up during that time and remember all of it, from bell bottoms and big heels for guys and girls to 8-track tapes in the cars and when entire states of the USA were under a single area code. Simpler times indeed and the music was amazing. ABBA is one of my very favorite groups. "Dancing Queen" was probably their biggest hit out of many big hits but 'Eagle" is my favorite tune as it reminds me of the Eagle Clan of First Nations-Native American culture and ancestry has roots in that culture. Put your earphones on, play this song, breathe deeply and close your eyes and you can almost imagine YOU are that eagle soaring high above the countryside. Very relaxing and al without any chemical stimulants! HappyinHeels

In the mid '70's I had a pair of shoes with a 1 1/2" platform and 3" heel. I wore them with my hip hugger bell bottoms and my "silk" shirts. Everyone was wearing them.

I really liked the style and miss it. The huge bell bottoms I can do without, but the hip huggers, heels and plats I like.

I have bought a few pair of womans jeans, low wasit, like the 70's hip huggers. I wear them out some, but wish designers would morph men's and women's styles. I hate the tiny pockets on women's jeans. I like the lycra and low waist of the women's and the pockets of the men's styles. Try find a decent fitting pair of men's jeans is impossible. Even with 1% lycra they are baggy.

I really liked the style and miss it. The huge bell bottoms I can do without, but the hip huggers, heels and plats I like.

I have bought a few pair of womans jeans, low wasit, like the 70's hip huggers. I wear them out some, but wish designers would morph men's and women's styles. I hate the tiny pockets on women's jeans. I like the lycra and low waist of the women's and the pockets of the men's styles. Try find a decent fitting pair of men's jeans is impossible. Even with 1% lycra they are baggy.

Yes, I quite agree about the tiny pockets (especially the back pockets) on women's jeans. As I'm not ready, and probably never will be, to carry a handbag, I've got a problem carrying all my stuff.

Why do you say "never will be?" Never is a long time. I started carrying a handbag many years ago and I have no regrets. It's the only way to go. I have a black nylon shoulder bag that's big enough to carry a lot of junk that would make my pockets bulge and look horrible, and plenty of room for more stuff. Plus it's all organized and easy to find. It doesn't weigh much and the shoulder strap is 2" wide, making it very unisex. In it I can put my wallet, house keys, car keys (two sets in case I lock myself out), coin purse, pen, pencil, handkerchief, mobile phone, reading glasses, sunglasses, small flashlight, small bottle of clear nail polish to repair hosiery or nail, cuticle moisturizer (I have a problem with dry cuticles), nail clipper, nail file, flash drive, iPad mini, earbuds, candy, ice cream, beer... :penitent: Steve

Why do you say "never will be?" Never is a long time. I started carrying a handbag many years ago and I have no regrets. It's the only way to go. I have a black nylon shoulder bag that's big enough to carry a lot of junk that would make my pockets bulge and look horrible, and plenty of room for more stuff. Plus it's all organized and easy to find. It doesn't weigh much and the shoulder strap is 2" wide, making it very unisex. In it I can put my wallet, house keys, car keys (two sets in case I lock myself out), coin purse, pen, pencil, handkerchief, mobile phone, reading glasses, sunglasses, small flashlight, small bottle of clear nail polish to repair hosiery or nail, cuticle moisturizer (I have a problem with dry cuticles), nail clipper, nail file, flash drive, iPad mini, earbuds, candy, ice cream, beer...

:penitent:

Steve

I can only imagine what's in one of the lesser used compartments. lol

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Why do you say "never will be?" Never is a long time. I started carrying a handbag many years ago and I have no regrets. It's the only way to go. I have a black nylon shoulder bag that's big enough to carry a lot of junk that would make my pockets bulge and look horrible, and plenty of room for more stuff. Plus it's all organized and easy to find. It doesn't weigh much and the shoulder strap is 2" wide, making it very unisex. In it I can put my wallet, house keys, car keys (two sets in case I lock myself out), coin purse, pen, pencil, handkerchief, mobile phone, reading glasses, sunglasses, small flashlight, small bottle of clear nail polish to repair hosiery or nail, cuticle moisturizer (I have a problem with dry cuticles), nail clipper, nail file, flash drive, iPad mini, earbuds, candy, ice cream, beer...

:penitent:

Steve

beer? I've got to get a handbag now. Just kidding! I don't know, I like to be free of all things when I am walking around town.

Back to the original; topic, I'm nearing completion of converting all my vinyl records to digital music files. In the process I came across six albums by Abba: Greatest Hits Greatest Hits Volume 2 The Album Super Trouper The Visitors Voulez-Vous I must of liked Abba.