What's Your Favourite Song From The Eighties?

Outstanding topic!! I like everything put out by ZZ Top in the 1980's but some standouts are "Sweet Home Chicago" by the Blues Brothers, "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer and that vdeo with those guitar-playing women is my favorite music video of the 1980's but my overall favorite of that decade is "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News from 1985. It reminds me of the year I married my Mexican goddess and that song was the king that year. It is definitely the song I'll play when renew our vows in 2015 and that really IS the power of love. Honorable mention to Mike and the Mechanics for "In the Living Years" as that song reminds us of the importance of treasuring our parents while they are still alive. HappyinHeels

The Mike and the Mechanics one was always on the radio during the year I was in Mexico. That and Anchorage by Michelle Shocked and a song by a Scottish band called Del Amitri. Oh, and Fast Car by Tracey Chapman. There's a difference, isn't there, between songs you like for themselves and those that take you back. 'It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.' 'Hit it!' :cool1:

• 2 weeks later...

Get in the car, can barely drive as my hands are a mess.. Darian has her iPod hooked up. I power it on as Im going up the thruway ramp to go to the doctors for my cleaning.. Out of the speakers pumps ' How soon is now? ' by the Smyths from 1984. It was obnoxiously loud and I truly enjoyed the headache ;).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Get in the car, can barely drive as my hands are a mess.. Darian has her iPod hooked up. I power it on as Im going up the thruway ramp to go to the doctors for my cleaning..

Out of the speakers pumps ' How soon is now? ' by the Smyths from 1984.

It was obnoxiously loud and I truly enjoyed the headache ;).

The Smiths make me feel like a student again. Johnny Marr was at Glastonbury http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01c3dg1/Glastonbury_2013_Johnny_Marr_Glastonbury_2013/ I only saw it on television, but he was fabulous.